Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another newbie question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another newbie question

I know you guys are sick of these, but I try searches and half the time I either come up with nothing, or a bunch of posts that are off my topic? Well I just got my car and after I dyno it stock, I am going to start modding it. I was looking to get SLP Loudmouth exhaust, I figured when I added an ORY, I would just get a dynomax bullet muffler, dynomouth. But I have seen a few people getting TSP rumblers exhaust? What is it like compared to LM? It is 50$ cheapier, and with me on a college budget, every penny helps! I was wondering if there were any differences? I am not sure how it would look like on a camaro, there are two style of tips, but I only saw one on TSP's site. If I got them w/o the tips, would it just be straight exhaust tube out the back? Also could I just add in the dynomax muffler just as easy as the LM? My new question is about lids, I know they are all about the same, but I was reading that new GMHTP, and I thought that TSP was the best one out there. They seem to have the best results with the SLP lid? The TSP lids goes for 130 I think on their site, and the SLP one is only 100? So is the TSP lid worth the extra 30 bills? I thought the SLP one had some fitting problems? I could be wrong. Ok, last question, SFC's, which ones are the best for drag racing and preventing the panels from dimples from launching? Are the KBDD the best ones? They seem to be the most expensive, are they worth the extra money? Also how is it working on a car with them? Can you still get easy access to everything underneath the car? What about ground clearance issues with them? Also, where can I find the best prices for the parts that I am looking for? Thanks for any help, sorry about all these posts, I just don't want to make any mistakes!

Last edited by Red91vette; 03-01-2004 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

As far as I know the Loudmouth is the most free flowing exhaust. I had it before, and it sounded mean as hell, i loved it. I still have the SLP Lid and its fine, no fitment issues. And my BMR sub frame connectors are working fine so far.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:02 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dynomouth = tsp rumbler

you can buy it w/o tips and add anyones you want.

a lid is a lid is a lid is a lid is a lid is a lid is a lid. pick up a direct flow one, there usually the cheapest. my slp lid is a piece of ****.

sponsors are your friends ----------------------------------------->

and check the sponsosr forum.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

I thought BMR were pretty good, but I have heard some bad things about them. I don't want to cop out on the suspension. If a lid is a lid then why does your SLP on suck? I don't want to say that when I buy my lid, I don't want one the sucks. Well it looks like I am sticking to my oringinal setup, the most expensive one of course, TSP lid, KBDD weld in SFCs, and SLP LM exhaust. Thanks guys.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:58 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

I've got the loudmouth from my car i'm selling. It has 2000 miles on it. PM if you're interested...
Old 03-02-2004, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

In regards to your questions about the cat-back exhaust systems...Through the research I've done the only differences between the LM and the Rumbler would be the type of muffler used. SLP uses their resonator and TSP uses the 18" dynomax racing bullet muffler which gives it a more toned down less raspy exhaust note. The TSP is basically the same as the Dynomouth just without the hassle of having to get the work done. Anyway, that should rule out you ever having to make a muffler switch with the TSP unless you want to get the Borla muffler. If you have any general questions about exhaust systems in general I'd refer to this:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139142

I know absolutely nothing about suspension and the different setups though BMR seems to be popular from what I can tell.

+++++++++++++++++CALLING JRP++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anyway, you could make a newbie suspension post, for guys like me, as you did with the exhaust?

Peace,
Justin

Forgot to mention one other minor detail about the TSP exhaust in comparison to the LM the muffler is placed farther back in the intermediate pipe. Also the best place for cheap parts are the sponsors you see over this way --------------------------------------------------------------->

Last edited by Unforgiven1; 03-02-2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:41 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by Unforgiven1
+++++++++++++++++CALLING JRP++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anyway, you could make a newbie suspension post, for guys like me, as you did with the exhaust?

Peace,
Justin

will consider it after my h/c guide is done
Old 03-02-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Well I came to my conclusion about the lid, getting a MTI lid through the GP. Can't beat the price and a lid is pretty much a lid. I am still undecided on what exhaust to go for, im not liking the tips on the rumbler, I know you can add tips, but personal the camaro sucks for nice looking tips, trans ams have the cut outs which make it look 10x better!
Old 03-02-2004, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Red91vette
Well I came to my conclusion about the lid, getting a MTI lid through the GP. Can't beat the price and a lid is pretty much a lid. I am still undecided on what exhaust to go for, im not liking the tips on the rumbler, I know you can add tips, but personal the camaro sucks for nice looking tips, trans ams have the cut outs which make it look 10x better!
Jeff, if I were you I'd go with the LM. Since your car is a daily driver, you really want a stainless exhaust system, which I don't think the Rumbler is. I like my Direct-flo lid too (great bargain). I'd go with that or the TSP lid.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Regular

Hey tracy, yeah I think I am going to go with the LM, see if I can't pick up DMNSPD's. The MTI GP isn't a bad deal, 99$ for either a clear or carbon fiber lid. I can't wait to get all these mods on, then people can finally hear my car when I go cruising! I am wondering if I should put the lid and catback on before dynoday? I'm curious to see what it can do stock, but I know I will put up over 300 if I put the lid and catback on.