Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know what this part is?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know what this part is?

Hey guys, I pulled into my garage today and noticed a sound that sounded like an air leak.. Popped the hood and did some searching and found a pretty big hole in a 2 inch piece of hosing going into the intake manifold right before it meets the TB. Not the coolant line going to the TB the one inbetween it and the wires to the left in the pic.

The 2nd pic is a zoom in on the actual hose.

What would I call this to search for it online?? I don't want to get flim flammed at the dealer. Wrapped it with black electrical tape to hold me over until I can get it.

Thanks in advance.. actually happy to find it.. might explain why my idles a tad rough. I wrote it off as myself not being used to the rougher idle of a v8 and just being paranoid.

Last edited by Nvrfastenough87; 04-24-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:09 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

That's the PCV line/boot. It's common for those to come apart as these cars age. I had to replace the boot and elbow on mine not too long ago.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
That's the PCV line/boot. It's common for those to come apart as these cars age. I had to replace the boot and elbow on mine not too long ago.

Cool thanks.. Hope I can find the damn thing.. Other wise its to the dealer this weekend. I went to chevy to have my oil changed when I first got it because I didn't have the right stuff the get it jacked up and not only did they over fill it but they couldn't figure out how to close the hood...

Yeah theres a trick to closing a c5 hood (I had to look on the forums) you have to perfectly and evenly drop it from about a 1ft up, but damnit they should know.. There were four guys standing there scratching their heads slamming it like monkeys.. I was pretty shocked...so yeah, not going back there for any service, I'm good to go now.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Teching In

I'm not finding anything online. I checked a bunch of oem supply sites and they have diagrams of all the hosing pieces but the don't show that one. Only the line to the TB. Did you happen to get it at autozone or anything like that?
Old 04-25-2013, 12:43 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by Nvrfastenough87
I'm not finding anything online. I checked a bunch of oem supply sites and they have diagrams of all the hosing pieces but the don't show that one. Only the line to the TB. Did you happen to get it at autozone or anything like that?
Sorry, I should have specified this before. The entire PCV line (including the boot) is a dealer-only item, GM part #12590632 (that's for an F-body LS1....I don't know for sure if C5 uses the exact same PCV assembly but I would imagine so). You can't get the boot without the full line. Unfortunately, list price on this part is something like $120. Some people have created their own replacement lines using brass/plastic fittings, standard PCV hose and other universal fit items. If you do a search on this, you'll find some write-ups about the process. Here is a link I saved to one write-up on this:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...placement.html
Old 04-25-2013, 03:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

install university has a writeup on how to replace it with some hose and a few fitting, and some other ****. Not hard, costs like 5 bucks.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the same issue with a high idle. I tracked it down to that little hose piece. As mentioned, one can't buy just that little piece, so I figured it would be a great time to do the 2004 LS6 PCV conversion. This eliminates the external PCV system altogether -- and I got all the parts for less that $100 shipped from gmpartsdirect. Check out my build thread for info...
Old 04-25-2013, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I should have specified this before. The entire PCV line (including the boot) is a dealer-only item, GM part #12590632 (that's for an F-body LS1....I don't know for sure if C5 uses the exact same PCV assembly but I would imagine so). You can't get the boot without the full line. Unfortunately, list price on this part is something like $120. Some people have created their own replacement lines using brass/plastic fittings, standard PCV hose and other universal fit items. If you do a search on this, you'll find some write-ups about the process. Here is a link I saved to one write-up on this:

I used the top part of a sparkplug wire the part that plugs into the coil packs. Pull all the insides out and it works perfectly.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Great thanks alot, I'll probably end up doing something like you did, I'm not paying $120 for a 2 inch rubber fitting. That money can be put towards more hp. Also noticed you painted your coil pack brackets red. I did the same thing when I installed my headers, looks great.

Quick Reply: Anyone know what this part is?