bastard dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zero30
<-------WHAT HE SAID

I SECOND THAT MOTION
i appreciate the support. LOL. do you have any times on your car, your set up looks pretty good!
Old 08-10-2004, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Not Yet Bro I Finally Bought The Afr Mongoose Heads And The Thunderracing 230/224 111 Lsa Cam Dual Valve Springs , Hardended Pushrods Etc. Etc. But Dont Have The Money To Get Them Installed And Tuned Yet Hopefully In Aboout 2 Months Ill Be Able To Install
Old 08-10-2004, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

saving up the money to mod my car is killing my nerves. i want it NOW! hehehe.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Read my lips...stay away from Watson Chevrolet in Hobbs, NM...
Evil...dem people da devils....
Old 08-10-2004, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

i can never say this enough STAY AWAY from STADIUM AUTO SALES in ARLINGTON, TEXAS. shady bastards. and thinking back, all their cars looked a little on the dingy side. STAY AWAY!
Old 08-10-2004, 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zero30
<-------WHAT HE SAID

I SECOND THAT MOTION
to that fellas. If you guys ever need a car in the NE IL area- I'm your man.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99PontTA
car salesmen=lying ****** ....... dealers=where lying ****** are trained ................ 1st rule in dealing with a car sales person or dealership what does a ***** do? FK you!
OK. It's been a while since I've checked on this thread and I see I missed ALOT. Question for ya' 99PontTA.....How can a salesman tell a customer is lying? Do..do..do.do..do.do.do (hum this to the Jepordy theme, if you would please)

Answer: His friggen lips are moving!!!

And for all the salespeople out here. You pretty much covered the excuses but I think you forgot a few of our "fine" customers

Credit Criminal: Customers who would talk ****, waste your time and after everything was said and done you pull up thier credit and they couldn't finance a slice of cheese on a Whopper! (after they told you "yeah, my credits great!)

Too High's: No matter what price you give 'em all that comes out of thier lips is "Too High, go see your manager and get a better price"

I remember one time a guy kept doing this to me finally I took him out front of the dealership and asked him "Look at the front of our building, tell me what you see?" The guy sorta looks at me and says in a questioning tone "Your dealership sign??" My reply, "That's right Mr so-in-so, you don't see a big Red Cross do you?" The guy looked at me like I was purple. I continued "You see were in business to make money this is not a charity orginization, we are not a benevelent society here." If memory serves, I think I might have lost that sale.

Originally Posted by pacmantravis
So & So dealer can get me the car for X-amount of dollars under invoice (to which I reply "Wow!!! Thats a great deal, why didnt you get it there?"
This was my staple line! I'ts great because they don't now what to say. They're expecting you be all like.. "Well gosh let me go talk to my manager and see what WE can do for you Mr/Mrs. bla, bla. Have a coffee and doughnut while you wait"

As for luvmez28's question about financing. Dealers are "encouraged" to finance through the manufacturer's financing company. The delaership gets spiffed based on the number of deals that are financing through the manufacturers finance company. And since the dealership gets spiffed...the managers get spiffed and so on.
Where I worked the finance manager received a cut as well. Let's say Mr. Carbuyer has good credit and can qualify for 5.25% apr. Now that has just turned into 6.50% apr. because Mr. Finance manager gets the 1.25% mark-up. He's gotta make living too. Pay Heed Credit Criminals...in this situation you get the proverbial "Bonein'"

Last edited by 02blkragtopz; 08-11-2004 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:50 PM
12 Second Club

Other terms for the credit challenged:

Rats

Cheeseaters

GitMeDone or GMD

Buried

Classic Phrases:

"This guy doesn't even pay ATTENTION."

"What difference does it make how much the 'note' is? You and I both know you aren't gonna pay it anyway."

"This guy couldn't finance a lay in a whorehouse with a fistful of hundreds."

"Do you have gap insurance? You didn't hear it from me, but you should park that thing in the ghetto with the keys in the ignition and HOPE it gets stolen."

"He's gonna be in that thing for the rest of his life."

"When that guy dies, he'll still owe so much the family will have to use the car as a casket."
Old 08-11-2004, 12:09 AM
11 Second Club

So & So dealer can get me the car for X-amount of dollars under invoice (to which I reply "Wow!!! Thats a great deal, why didnt you get it there?"

This was my staple line! I'ts great because they don't now what to say. They're expecting you be all like.. "Well gosh let me go talk to my manager and see what WE can do for you Mr/Mrs. bla, bla. Have a coffee and doughnut while you wait"

I have said that before the difference being i meant it. I love the 6-9 hours haggling over price, It's like a game of give and take. I never make a threat unless I can follow thru on it. I finally found a salesman at 43 I use that treats me ok from the start. I'm fair if a salesman is fair from the start. Theres good customers and bad customers, The same applies to salesmen. My son was a salesman for years and now is in finance(the good money for him). He has told me a lot about the behind the scenes happenings. When you have knowledge it makes the deal smoother because there is no bullshi* from eitherside. the old saying is true knowledge is king.. I know my son says a lot of salesmen pride and joke with eachother about how bad they rip you off..
Old 08-11-2004, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by baddogz28
Other terms for the credit challenged:

Rats

Cheeseaters

GitMeDone or GMD

Buried

Classic Phrases:

"This guy doesn't even pay ATTENTION."

"What difference does it make how much the 'note' is? You and I both know you aren't gonna pay it anyway."

"This guy couldn't finance a lay in a whorehouse with a fistful of hundreds."

"Do you have gap insurance? You didn't hear it from me, but you should park that thing in the ghetto with the keys in the ignition and HOPE it gets stolen."

"He's gonna be in that thing for the rest of his life."

"When that guy dies, he'll still owe so much the family will have to use the car as a casket."
you guys are friggin hilarious!
Old 08-11-2004, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by badride42
I know my son says a lot of salesmen pride and joke with eachother about how bad they rip you off..
Just like a realtor does when he closes a big deal... So what?
Old 08-12-2004, 12:57 AM
11 Second Club

Just like a realtor does when he closes a big deal... So what?
I don't give a **** I made a statement. They talk **** about me because I'm an *******..Lol With a credit score of 780 I get pretty good treatment.. Thanks for Playing ...LOL
Old 08-12-2004, 01:12 AM
TECH Resident

if it would of been a gm dealer..you coulda fucken called them in...trust me they woulda got ripped a new one...the dealership in my town..got ripped for not being nice enough to a customer...and get this the customer even bought the car from them..
yeh so if they pull **** like that..there liable to get shutdown but it sounds like it was a we buy all cars..and sell all cars...
Old 08-12-2004, 01:43 AM
TECH Resident

Hold the ******* phone, kids... I'm 21, I sell cars and pride myself on not being a sleazy *******. Sorry to hear that you have had bad experiences, but for every angry customer I have had, I have had 20 happy ones. I have sold OVER 300 CARS, and I treat people right. As far as I am concerned, all of you guys that are talking in generalities about car salesman or dealers can go **** yourselves. I didn't **** you, so why do you want to **** me? Say SOME DEALERS ARE BASTARDS, not "dealers are bastards." Say MY SALESMAN WAS AN ******* PIECE OF ****. Don't say "all salesman are ******* pieces of ****."

When I am selling someone a car, I give customers the utmost respect- if I don't get it back, I have no problem telling somebody to GET THE **** OUT. I have no time or patience for ignorance.

Tell ya what. It pays to have a good car salesman to go to. Just ask the guy I saved $5000 just because he lived a block away from my dad. I didn't have to do that, I did it because I am a nice guy. It may be worth thousands to have somebody to go to that you trust won't **** you in the *** when you want that Camaro, or Firebird, or Vette that you want so bad.

There are lots of car salesman/enthusiasts on this site.

Sorry for the rant,
Insulted Salesman

don't worry im sure theres a few...who know what there talking about..but every dealer ive evr been to...has fed me full of lies..cuz of my age i think...if i go by myself...its like yeh..this is the 97 z28..man this thing is quick you heard of the new engine they put in them from 97-02 don't you...the 350...

IM LIKE THE 350!!!!! YOU MEAN IT>>>

then there like yeh...just think what you could do with tthat

im LIKE i can't even imagine...!!!im so young and stuipd you know then i say

hey This is the engine they put in the 93-97's you dumb ****!!!...the 98-02's got LS1's...what you gonna tell me next they got the LS6 block and intake...thats in the new corvette's...cya...

another hting i hate..about..dealers!!!!!!!this is ALL ...not just some...EVERYDAMN ONE...when i was 15 and looking for a car...i had an 89 honda accord..i would set out in the lot for 30 min...looking at cars no salesman would come out...it pissed me off...so bad..that i went to a personal seller...even though thats the best way to go..to find my 98 T/A...now when i pull into dealerships in that...**** im only 17..and i got 3 salesman trying to sell me 3 differnt cars at the same time..i should be like whats up..y didn't you talk to me when i drove my 89 Accord...

There Loss..not Mine..they coulda made some Money...now i just Saved Money

Last edited by msbz_ls1; 08-12-2004 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

the lot i bought my dak r/t pulled that crap on me, no one coming to see me and not taking me seriously. the first day i went up there in my dads 93 toyota. the next day, i show up in my moms 2003 chromed out tundra, i had to beat them off with a stick! that first day i had ended up walking right to a sales manager and haggling with him because no one "noticed" me. he then pawned me off to one of his underlings. he seemed mad that he had to do that.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:15 AM
Teching In

Ah ! It seems like everyone (including me!) has their "stealership" stories! Life does go on!
Old 08-12-2004, 02:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gasalene
Ah ! It seems like everyone (including me!) has their "stealership" stories! Life does go on!
thinking back on them now, they have mostly been funny. not the arlington dilemma though. that one still stings!
Old 08-12-2004, 10:05 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by msbz_ls1
hey This is the engine they put in the 93-97's you dumb ****!!!...the 98-02's got LS1's...what you gonna tell me next they got the LS6 block and intake...thats in the new corvette's...cya...

another hting i hate..about..dealers!!!!!!!this is ALL ...not just some...EVERYDAMN ONE...when i was 15 and looking for a car...i had an 89 honda accord..i would set out in the lot for 30 min...looking at cars no salesman would come out...it pissed me off...so bad..that i went to a personal seller...even though thats the best way to go..to find my 98 T/A...now when i pull into dealerships in that...**** im only 17..and i got 3 salesman trying to sell me 3 differnt cars at the same time..i should be like whats up..y didn't you talk to me when i drove my 89 Accord...

There Loss..not Mine..they coulda made some Money...now i just Saved Money
You outsmarted some 50 year old car salesman. Wow! He was 4 cubes off. So what? It isn't a hobby for him like it is for you or me, cut him some ******' slack. A salesman isn't going to tear down an LS1 to get the casting #'s or go on TECH to find out what intake it has just because some snot nosed little brat might bust his ***** about it.

Oh, you wouldn't talk to some 15 year old on the lot if you were selling cars either. Why? Because YOU WOULD KNOW that a 15 yr. old CANNOT LEGALLY BUY A CAR, OR DRIVE ONE WITHOUT THEIR PARENTS. I have had many kids waste my time and time is money.

If your p's were with you I'd talk to you in depth.

I don't give a **** I made a statement. They talk **** about me because I'm an *******..Lol With a credit score of 780 I get pretty good treatment.. Thanks for Playing ...LOL
I sold somebody with a 797 emperica on saturday, big man. BTW, you didn't before, but now you DO sound like an *******. "Thanks for Playing" I guess...
Old 08-12-2004, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

You outsmarted some 50 year old car salesman. Wow! He was 4 cubes off. So what? It isn't a hobby for him like it is for you or me, cut him some ******' slack. A salesman isn't going to tear down an LS1 to get the casting #'s or go on TECH to find out what intake it has just because some snot nosed little brat might bust his ***** about it.

Oh, you wouldn't talk to some 15 year old on the lot if you were selling cars either. Why? Because YOU WOULD KNOW that a 15 yr. old CANNOT LEGALLY BUY A CAR, OR DRIVE ONE WITHOUT THEIR PARENTS. I have had many kids waste my time and time is money.

If your p's were with you I'd talk to you in depth.
I was just reading these and could not agree more baddogz28. A 15 year old kid on a "Big Three" lot (by the way did your ride you pedal bike up to lot!) would about the equivilent of me, pulling into a Mercedes lot in a '79 whoopty, wearing a nasty t-shirt and blue jeans. You think I'm gonna get any respect? Don't take it personal! Sometimes we mistakenly pre-judge! But as baddogz28 said "time is money".

Originally Posted by badride42
Hey badride42....You do know that you cant add all three scores together, right?? Just checking.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club