Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Ford GT

Kenny Brown has a track time event at IRP this weekend, My friend, who is an instructor at this event has hooked me up with a ride around the road course in it!!!! I also have a chance to drive an 05 Mustang GT - 5 speed. I will definatley post and tell you guys if it anything to worry about on the streets. I will try to post the pictures when I get back, but i have to figure out how to it!
Old 10-09-2004, 10:42 PM

I am a sales consultant at a Ford dealership and had the opportunity to drive the new Mustang. I felt that the car was a great improvement mechanically from the previous car. However, I was not overly impressed with the seat of the pants feel of the car. I am also not that crazy about the styling of the car...just my opinion. I don't think the f-body's have anything to worry about from the Mustang GT. The Cobra that is in the works might be another story though. I am more eager to see what the new Camaro looks like if and when it is unveiled.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:03 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by Rowin Gearz
I am a sales consultant at a Ford dealership and had the opportunity to drive the new Mustang. I felt that the car was a great improvement mechanically from the previous car. However, I was not overly impressed with the seat of the pants feel of the car. I am also not that crazy about the styling of the car...just my opinion. I don't think the f-body's have anything to worry about from the Mustang GT. The Cobra that is in the works might be another story though. I am more eager to see what the new Camaro looks like if and when it is unveiled.
couldn't have put it better myself.

Spark notes:
boo (edit: Mustang) GT
oh no SVT
what will...? F-body

Last edited by stoleit; 10-10-2004 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Trust me, I am definatly more concerned about the 550hp GT than I am about the Mustang! The rush of that should be something to remember!!
Old 10-10-2004, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

I am definatly more concerned about the 550hp GT than I am about the Mustang
why, that car is so expensive, it is just like the viper! very very expensive, and its not like your gonna see them all over the place?!?
Old 10-10-2004, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

I mean my focus is on the GT more than the mustang, Soon everybody will have 'em. I want to see and ride in the GT which hardly anyone will have!
Old 10-10-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

the 05 gt will be nice, but I am not impressed with it at all. When is ford gonna get it through their heads that a NA 4.6 just isnt cutting it for a baseline v8 car. They have a pretty nice 5.4 powerplant that I think could seriously make a nice addition to the mustang as atleast an option.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

what ever happened to the Boss 351
Old 10-10-2004, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LiqudFire350
what ever happened to the Boss 351
That car was mainly a joke.

-Todd
Old 10-10-2004, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

the 05 gt is not the same as a mustang gt! there is a big difference! there is a ford gt and a mustang gt.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:07 PM
NKAWTG...N

oh ya sorry, just relized i wrote GT, ill edit that
Old 10-11-2004, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Well, I will hand it to Ford, They have a hell of car on their hands!!! The GT is simply awesome. We went through the road course at IRP at an avg. of 98 mph and hit 160+ on the straight. In contrast to that my friends mustang ( a purpose built road race car ) Avg'd 106 mph and goes 145+ on the straight, Yeah, the GT is that good!! The 05 mustang did not impress me that much, decent power, okay handling, good seats, but it just didn't accelerate that well, I only managed about 120 on the straight and the brakes gave up after only 1 hard lap. As a side note, We did smash a 00 Corbra R on the straight in my friends race car!! He waved the cobra past when we got on the straight, The cobra owner ****-canned it and we passed him back just before the braking zone!! I wish I could have seen his face for that!!! Will post Pics 2morrow
Old 10-11-2004, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GREATWHITE
Well, I will hand it to Ford, They have a hell of car on their hands!!! The GT is simply awesome. We went through the road course at IRP at an avg. of 98 mph and hit 160+ on the straight. In contrast to that my friends mustang ( a purpose built road race car ) Avg'd 106 mph and goes 145+ on the straight, Yeah, the GT is that good!! The 05 mustang did not impress me that much, decent power, okay handling, good seats, but it just didn't accelerate that well, I only managed about 120 on the straight and the brakes gave up after only 1 hard lap. As a side note, We did smash a 00 Corbra R on the straight in my friends race car!! He waved the cobra past when we got on the straight, The cobra owner ****-canned it and we passed him back just before the braking zone!! I wish I could have seen his face for that!!! Will post Pics 2morrow
NICE! I had heard that about the 05 Mustang GT...being not all that impressive. But the GT that is a sweet-*** car.