Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Question... Should be Simple to Answer:P

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Question... Should be Simple to Answer:P

Well Today I was on my way to the car wash and decided before the car was clean I wanted to do a little burnout haha.

I let it rip a bit from a light and it started Pourin smoke like any other f-body car would lol.

Anyways I decided to take the same way back from the car wash and wanted to see what kind of damage i left to the pavement, there was some nice lines, BUT!!! I noticed that the right hand side didn't kick in till a foot after the left side, it's got me kind of worried..is my posi screwed? or is this what they normally do? I didn't hear any weird noises or such.

Anybody who can help me out here?
Old 07-14-2007, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

should spin both tires equally, I'd have somebody check the rear before it gets worse
Old 07-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Launching!

like it was almost a foot ahead of the other one starting off.. anyone else I really hope my rear end isn't on the *******.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

You probly dont have posi. does your car have TCS? i know if you opt to not have the TCS they give you a lsd rear. jack one tire up, spin it, witht he tranny in neutral ebrake off, if it spins you have a lsd rear and no wrys thats normal.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Launching!

yes my car has TCS and it says on the window sticker I have limited slip differential with 3:23 gears...
Old 07-14-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

It has a posi and is probably fine. Sometimes depending on the road surface and angle of the road it will do that. If you didn't have a posi or it was dead it would have only left one tire mark all the way down the road.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Before doing a burnout I would do a slight brakestand off the e-brake to get all the gears in mesh. Sometimes the torsen rear in these will do as you described unless everyting is in synch before doing the burn out.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thosewhohatedmecreat
You probly dont have posi. does your car have TCS? i know if you opt to not have the TCS they give you a lsd rear.
Who the hell told you this? The TCS has nothing to do with the posi in the axle. I dont have TCS, but I still have the same limited slip everyone else has.