New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutout installed today...........HOLY SH!T!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutout installed today...........HOLY ****!!!!!!!!

Just had my QTEC cutout put on today and all I can say is DAMN!!! It now sounds like it should, very mean. I didn't hook up the wiring for the plate yet, maybe this weekend. At idle it isn't that obnoxious, but get on it and heads turn. I love the sound, haven't had it on the highway yet, and can't really speak for gains, but throttle response does seem to be much better however.If you're thinking about doing this mod, DO IT!! I'll post again after I hook up the QTEC plate and report how that goes.
Later, Rain
Old 08-26-2003, 09:50 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Re: Cutout installed today...........HOLY ****!!!!!!!!

makes for a good NASCAR sound, right? Sure to scare small children and elderly folks

What type of Intro wheels do you have? Any pics?

Tony
Old 08-26-2003, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome mod!! I gotta get me a cut out next. Where in the exhaust system did you have it installed? I'm not sure exactly where I should put mine when I get it. Congrats!!
Old 08-26-2003, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Hey Tony, I got the Aeros, I actually ordered them through that group purchase you did a while back. I was the one who was in Kuwait when I placed the order. They look awesome but I had a few problems; two of the wheels were slightly damaged when I got them and the offset isn't exactly right, they stick out just a little too much, no rubbing yet but lowering is definitely out of the question. Intro also didn't give me any specs such as what the offset actually is, and I never got a receipt from you guys or Intro which makes it very hard to get them on my insurance. How are things at Mach Performance? Is that even the right name? Nevertheless, i get tons of comments on the wheels. No pics yet, Rain
Old 08-27-2003, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Had one on my 00, my 01 gets one tomorrow. Best bang for the buck mod I've heard of and sounds awesome too.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the club... I love my Flowtech. I've had it on since May, and haven't capped it since.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:38 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I didn't organize that GP, just a fellow buyer like yourself. I had to give them my own specs for the '69. Do your fronts and rears stick out, or just one or the other? I'd really love to see some good photos of those 18s, because I'm considering another set for the '02 SS in that size.

Your receipt should have been in a plastic sleeve taped on the side of one of the boxes. It was under my shipping invoice when I received set.

Tony
Old 08-27-2003, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Tony, sorry 'bout that, I realized it wasn't you that set up that GP after I posted this. I now remember you were the one who told me about the GP, sorry for the mix-up. There was no receipt at all, and all 4 are the same offset, they don't stick out per se but they are just about flush with the OUTSIDE of the fender well. I'll try to get some pics this weekend and I'll email them to you if ya like. Later, Rain
Old 08-27-2003, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just looked up your wheels, those would look SWEEEEET on an SS.