New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

shreveport/bossier hang out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue98Z
I told my wife when both front wheels come off of the ground atleast 6 inches I'll stop and find something else to mod up.
Will it ever end?!?!?!? First he said if you can ever see "just a hint of daylight"... Now it's six inches. I guess I'll have to sell a lot of "stuff" to get him to that point then I'll get him something else to mod. But it ain't going to be for him!

Love ya honey, but my turn is coming!

I was honored to lead the pack - thanks for trusting me to get ya'll there (even if it was by putting me up front so no one would think the ***** mobile was part of the convoy).

I hated to leave because I was ready to get some great pics for ya'll, but duty called. Glad I did leave because it was my biggest party ever! $2,200 - which means $1000 IN MY POCKET and both toy haulers paid up for another month!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadAssBowties
Tell her that i have some jack stands she can barrow to get the front wheels up.
I've got about 8 sets of those myself. Don't think she knows thats a short cut lol. I think they may have gotten a 1/2 inch anyway do to the steering wheel shake I was getting after the launch 5 1/2 more to go haha. I would like to join ya'll tuesday, but I have to work. If ya'll planned it on wednesday or thursday I'd be able to. Next time though. In a couple of weeks I'm planning on heading up to Twin City Dragway if anyone would be interested in joining me? Like I need to ask anyone on here if they wanna go to the dragstrip
Old 02-22-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

TCD in two weeks? I'm game
Old 02-22-2009, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by cainsw
TCD in two weeks? I'm game
Unless they run something in between now and then and I'm off. Two weeks from now is when I'll have a weekend off again.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds good to me.

Oh, I looked back in my log book and in my car a 7.60-.65 was good for between 11.67-11.78. So that should give you an idea of what you woulda run
Old 02-23-2009, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've got about 8 sets of those myself. Don't think she knows thats a short cut lol. I think they may have gotten a 1/2 inch anyway do to the steering wheel shake I was getting after the launch 5 1/2 more to go haha. I would like to join ya'll tuesday, but I have to work. If ya'll planned it on wednesday or thursday I'd be able to. Next time though. In a couple of weeks I'm planning on heading up to Twin City Dragway if anyone would be interested in joining me? Like I need to ask anyone on here if they wanna go to the dragstrip
Yea i just thought i would throw that out there. Tuesday is looking like its going to be a pretty good turn out so maybe we can do it more often. As far as me joining on the TCD trip just count me out on the drag strip trips at the moment. My car is stock and im slowly ordering my 396 LT1 stroker parts. When i get most of the parts together ill be down just to see what it will turn before and after. Hope to get into the 10 with a DD but thats just hopes.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:31 AM
11 Second Club

You don't have to race. We could always use someone to take video/pics. It's usually a good convoy going. As far as being stock, we all start somewhere. I understand if it's your DD and you don't wanna risk any damage. These cars are just toys to most of us and we have our primary vehicles so it doesn't matter if we tear something up.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:52 AM
11 Second Club

Twin Cities was pretty packed yesterday. Several low eleven second f bodies and vettes were hanging around. I got in two good passes and a Cobra scattered and oiled the whole track so I left. I couldn't get the car to hook at the line but still got a couple of 11.3s at 120. When you guys head over there, I'll fall in line when you pass Minden.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

Clint was it the track or what? Seems like you've had a traction issue ever since you did that last round of mods (the last time I talked to you) dont know if you've done anything else since then.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by cainsw
Sounds good to me.

Oh, I looked back in my log book and in my car a 7.60-.65 was good for between 11.67-11.78. So that should give you an idea of what you woulda run
We were guessing pretty close then. Thats good. I think with some more seat time and the addition of a drag sway bar I can bring it down sub 11.5's. I may be wrong but we'll soon find out.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You don't have to race. We could always use someone to take video/pics. It's usually a good convoy going. As far as being stock, we all start somewhere. I understand if it's your DD and you don't wanna risk any damage. These cars are just toys to most of us and we have our primary vehicles so it doesn't matter if we tear something up.
Breaking stuff dont worry me it finding a way to get it home that bothers me. As far as it being a DD i was just talking about getting it into the 10.s and still be dependable. I have had F-Bodys for the past few years and if i cant drive it and enjoy it everyday im not gunna mod it. My last car was a blue 91 RS that im sure most of you locals have seen and maybe even run. It was light blue with a black 4 inch harwood hood and weld pro stars. We got bored with the stock 305 running in the 16.s so i rebuilt it using junk yard pars and got it into the low 13.s spinning the rims in the tires. I know, 305? lol but no one thought it would ever break 14.s so i built it and the first pass out it ran a 13.45 at just over 100mph and pulled the front left about a inch or two.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:25 AM
10 Second Club

Some of ya'll need to realize that most all tracks during the winter will scrap the launch pad and resurface it for the next season of racing. Just about everyone of your tracks will not start hooking good until several weeks of hard racing,the more cars that show up and do burnouts the faster the launch pad will start getting around to sticking the way you want it.

Right now all your doing is community service to your tracks with your high dollar tires.....sucks don't it! Early in the season of racing i done better by going on saturday brackets and following the big tire'd cars.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BadAssBowties
Breaking stuff dont worry me it finding a way to get it home that bothers me.
Myself and Cainsw pull ours and they're both street cars so if someone breaks all we'd have to do is swap tires so we wouldn't have to wear out our expensive drag tires drivin home. If your worried about gettin it home after breaking something don't be. We got you and anyone else covered as far as gettin it back home.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Clint was it the track or what? Seems like you've had a traction issue ever since you did that last round of mods (the last time I talked to you) dont know if you've done anything else since then.

No, its not the track. I think I've got to adjust my pinion angle and get a little more aggressive on my tire pressure changes. I was running at about 19 pounds and my angle is set at -2. Its not a lot of spin, but enough to keep my 60 foot above 1.6 when the car used to put up 1.4x consistently. Oh well, if it ran perfect every time what would I work on?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Myself and Cainsw pull ours and they're both street cars so if someone breaks all we'd have to do is swap tires so we wouldn't have to wear out our expensive drag tires drivin home. If your worried about gettin it home after breaking something don't be. We got you and anyone else covered as far as gettin it back home.
Ok then i might just have to take ya up on that but ill need to throw my MTs in the back of someone truck lol.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:02 AM
11 Second Club

Clint mine bites the best at 14psi, so good it bogs. I know you wanna get away with as much as you can. I start at 18 and work my way down til it bites. I usually end up with 14-15psi though so I just keep it there.

I got room in my truck for extra tires, parts, etc, etc.........we usually designate a place and time to meet up, but your on the way to TCD so I could swing through on the way and chunk'em in the back and roll.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

Clint mine bites the best at 14psi, so good it bogs. I know you wanna get away with as much as you can. I start at 18 and work my way down til it bites. I usually end up with 14-15psi though so I just keep it there.

I got room in my truck for extra tires, parts, etc, etc.........we usually designate a place and time to meet up, but your on the way to TCD so I could swing through on the way and chunk'em in the back and roll.
Sounds good. I'll keep watching this thread for the details, but what weekend are ya'll planning to go?
Old 02-23-2009, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

march 6,7,8 depends on what day they're running
Old 02-23-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

Scott, what does your car like for air psi? Just curious. I got the DR's on there now.

Yea, I swapped exhaust and put the PS pump back on mine today. I'll be going to get it inspected probably tomorrow. We don't have a nearby track so I have to get mine back drivable. Like Josh said, we got you covered if you break and we have plenty of room to haul extra parts and things.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1hotls1
Twin Cities was pretty packed yesterday. Several low eleven second f bodies and vettes were hanging around. I got in two good passes and a Cobra scattered and oiled the whole track so I left. I couldn't get the car to hook at the line but still got a couple of 11.3s at 120. When you guys head over there, I'll fall in line when you pass Minden.
I was having the same problem. First pass I got a new best on motor at 11.66 @ 116 with a 1.63 60ft. on 275/40/17 Mickey Thompson drag radials. Ran the car 3 more times and it wouldn't hook for nothing. I seen your car but never got a chance to come over and speak. That black C6 vette was a beast, it went 11.11 @ 130 with nothing but a cam, ported intake, tb, and full exhaust.

Quick Reply: shreveport/bossier hang out!