New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

shreveport/bossier hang out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
I think we might have a troll in here...
Nope, more like a ghost........
Old 05-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Rockstar

Originally Posted by Vtakillr
Nope, more like a ghost........
Ghost of what? The dead S2K?
Old 05-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Tough Mudder

Is it your car? What happened? How bad is it? Pictures?

Hope it's not as bad as it sounds.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02blackbeauty19
I dont understand how or why that story even made it over here. Either way, it sucks that it happened. Lots of work and money gone and I wish that on nobody
Well yourhow was me and the why was because i thought everyone here liked cars and was into the same thing no matter what make and model. Its a Honda cool beans what else is new? Its the fact that someone here in town spent the money to have a nice car and people thing just because it a 4 cylinder its a POS. I dont think there are many streetable LS cars in town that would have had a chance against that car. Like i said before im not into imports and wouldnt buy one for a DD but thats not the point. Say you was at the track running and the other car came into your lane and put you into the wall whats funny about that? This is just my opinion and yall LS1 guys maybe diff but i give credit where its dew and i see most of yall dont.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
Ghost of what? The dead S2K?
ghost of the intrawebz.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BadAssBowties
Well yourhow was me and the why was because i thought everyone here liked cars and was into the same thing no matter what make and model. Its a Honda cool beans what else is new? Its the fact that someone here in town spent the money to have a nice car and people thing just because it a 4 cylinder its a POS. I dont think there are many streetable LS cars in town that would have had a chance against that car. Like i said before im not into imports and wouldnt buy one for a DD but thats not the point. Say you was at the track running and the other car came into your lane and put you into the wall whats funny about that? This is just my opinion and yall LS1 guys maybe diff but i give credit where its dew and i see most of yall dont.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

Shane, If I do remember correctly about 2 months ago you was wanting to run him in your LT1 car and thought you could beat him..... WTF! Then you was threatening to beat his *** and pull him out of his car and now your all: What happened? I dont wish anything bad to anyone with their cars because I know how much time and $$$$ goes in building thesse types of vehicles. We all need to be glad it wasnt one of us. This needs to be a wakeup call to everyone I'm just glad noone was hurt.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nitrobusa
Shane, If I do remember correctly about 2 months ago you was wanting to run him in your LT1 car and thought you could beat him..... WTF! Then you was threatening to beat his *** and pull him out of his car and now your all: What happened? I dont wish anything bad to anyone with their cars because I know how much time and $$$$ goes in building thesse types of vehicles. We all need to be glad it wasnt one of us. This needs to be a wakeup call to everyone I'm just glad noone was hurt.
That is EXACTLY what I was just about to post! Must have aged a bit and maybe lost some of that extra testosterone?

Anyways, I hate to hear that happening to anyone but glad no one was hurt. Race at the track, if you plan on going 140mph!!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nitrobusa
Yea Chad you are correct, i was wanting to run his car. Then he was running stock trans and rear end. On top of that he had so not so sticks tire so he would spin through 3rd and have to run me down. So yea i think i waould have gotten him in a 1/4 for the fact that i was leaving out the hole on 100 shot and when he finaly hooked he would have to run me down. As far as fighting, we talked and settled everything. It want me that didnt want to fight but when he told me straigh up that he couldnt fight why waist my time? Also as far as nut swinging i dont recall. We dont even talk to one another and im not friends with him or his crowd of friend. My point is that he crashed his car doing the same thing we do and everyone bashes on him like he dont have enough problems. Why not just ask if he is ok and then say next time built a domestic and it will have something left after a crash. I wouldnt bash anyone that crashes there car for the simple fact that i have been there and done that and only got what the body of my truck was worth.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BadAssBowties
I agree with what Nitro said, You confuse the hell out of me. First your gonna meet him at his house to try to whoop his *** now you feel the need to be his PR rep?

My point was that, yes all these people like cars, but if you dont remember, something was posted about the S2K here a few months back and people went ape **** yada yada yada so I figured anyone with some sense wouldnt mention it again.

Now dont take this the wrong way, I like the owner and the driver for the race events (dont want to mention names). Ive known them both for a while now and are have always been cool towards me. No disrespect to his car either, I really liked what they did to it. My only point is that when you bring up the subject that has already been through a rocky road over here that just more BS that the owner has to shoulder and I seriously doubt that he wants to do that in a time like this.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

I have never said anything about being glad the man wrecked his car. I hate it for him and wish it could have been different. IMO Cross Lake Bridge is the last place that ANYONE needs to be going 140+. Its done now and I wish the man the best. Im sure that will be a good claim to his insurance company though...,

There is a car show today at Asbury Church about 1/8 mile north of Chick Fila next to Walgreens. There will be a big crowd and alot of cars along with free food and a live band.

No Alcohol.....
Old 05-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Tough Mudder

Default slightly different subject

I bought another pistol today. I low balled the guy and he took it. It's a Glock 36, which is another .45. So far, it's really good at killing phone books.

It was filthy. Didn't look like it's ever been cleaned. The guy I bought it from said that he'd had it about a year, and only fired it about 15 times. I'm pretty sure it still had the crap they ship them in on it.

The more I read about this gun, the more I like it. Here's an interesting article.
http://www.remtek.com/arms/glock/model/45/36/index.htm

It only came with one magazine, but I've bid on two more. I also ordered a Fobus paddle holster similar to the one I've got for the Kimber.

You can never have too many pistols.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Rockstar

How low did ya get him to go for yor new plastic gun?
Btw, I think you should put SS badges on it and run the 1/4 mile, I'd call that a winner, lol.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:55 PM
12 Second Club

Default A/C going kapoot...

Hey guys my A/C sounds like a supercharger when I turn it on. It was discovered that the compressor is leaking oil, so I haven't been running it. It does still blow cold, though. Anybody got any suggestions?

Maybe somebody got one laying around that I can purchase...or have some advice for a possible fix?

And no Chris, I'm not pulling the A/C
Old 05-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Tough Mudder

I've got the ac tools. Pick up a can of R134 with stop leak and bring it over.

but not today. Got mother's day stuff going on. Don't worry though.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

check the bolt that holds the lines onto the compressor.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1FST-Z
Hey guys my A/C sounds like a supercharger when I turn it on. It was discovered that the compressor is leaking oil, so I haven't been running it. It does still blow cold, though. Anybody got any suggestions?

Maybe somebody got one laying around that I can purchase...or have some advice for a possible fix?

And no Chris, I'm not pulling the A/C

Well i have one but not sure i want to sell it. Wanting to put the A/C stuff back in my car this week but let me sleep on it and ill let you know tomorrow.

BTW is that your car across from southwood high?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just thought of a custom plate for you single guys lol. CUM4ME or for the not so single COME4ME. Dont ask where it came from cause it just hit me so i posted it.

Now thinking about it, you might get layed by the single hoeish ladies, get funny looks from the fellow hot rodders, and have ricers pull up and ask if you want some. LOL there are ups and downs to having a custom plate i guess.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

Good thing my plate doesn't say COME4ME.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:52 AM
Tough Mudder

For you Trans Am guys
MYSLOTA

Quick Reply: shreveport/bossier hang out!