Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zex Wet Kit, good for first nitrous kit?

Old 11-14-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Zex Wet Kit, good for first nitrous kit?

I've been researching nitrous for a little while now. Still don't quite have a good grasp on all the hardware parts, but I'm getting there.

I need some advise. I've got a chance to buy a Zex Wet Kit (82026) for a decent price and I've got a few questions:

1. Is this a decent kit for someone with limited nitrous experience to start with?

2. I want my kit to be as safe as possible. Does it have all the safety equipment I need, what else should I buy? Maybe a window switch, or a blowdown tube?

3. Anything to look out for with a used kit? I've got pics of everything the guy has, but I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at so it doesn't do me much good. Anything specific I should watch for?

I've done a few searches but time is a factor. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

Anyone?
Old 11-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you should look into harrisspeedworks and dynotune nitrous...Shoot those guys PMs and ask what all you need for a safe and reliable setup...Good people!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What price can you get it at?

I run a zex kit right now. I think of it as the Fisher Price starter nitrous kit. Easy to hook up. If I had to go it again I would go with a HSW plate system and the all-out accessory kit.

1. http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured
Pretty much everything here is needed to make it run safe. If not using the Microedge window switch a Fuel Pressure Safety Switch(FPSS) is smart.

2. Using the microedge window switch with the zex kit can be tricky. I am actually still testing it out. I have the wiring down but sometimes it just does not fire.

3. It is taking me a while to set this up due to not many roads to test on(Small Island).
Old 11-15-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Good info, that HSW acessory kit looks like a good deal. The main reason I'm looking at this Zex kit is because he only wants $350 for the whole thing. What specifically would make you want to go with a HSW plate system instead of the Zex?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. One thing is the HP ratings on the Zex system is at the crank. The HP rating on the HSW system is at the wheels.

2. If your hooking up the Zex system alone it is a piece of cake. Once you had a window switch the wiring through the relays are a little more complicated(Unless you are using the ZEX window switch).

3. Looks like the nitrous/fuel atomization is better with the plate.

Once I get back to the mainland that is the system I will be using. Hopefully the 90mm. Does that $350 include anything else besides the basic kit? How old is the kit? How much has he used it?

Zex is still a good kit though, my best run was 10.9 @126 with my old motor(heads/cam)
Old 11-16-2008, 07:04 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

How much nitrous are you looking to spray? The zex kit has its limitations but does work well. As mentioned above what are you getting for the $350?

Dean
Old 11-16-2008, 09:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
Good info, that HSW acessory kit looks like a good deal. The main reason I'm looking at this Zex kit is because he only wants $350 for the whole thing. What specifically would make you want to go with a HSW plate system instead of the Zex?
I would see what's all included with the kit. For a few extra bucks you could go with one of our single nozzle kits that comes with the large solenoids and nozzle that are capable of growing with you in case you decide to go larger.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of the components or the all-out accessory package. Thanks!

Nick
Old 11-16-2008, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

I'm planning on starting with a 100 shot and then maybe move up if I have to. My goal in the 1/8 mile is to get into to low 7s but I would really love to make a pass in the 6s.

The $350 has everything that's in the Zex 82026 kit which includes 20lb. tank, 16ft. of nitrous line, 2 bottle clamps, 2 toggle switches, 1 zex wet nozzle w/lines from brain, the brain w/fuel line and adaptor, asorted nozzles, adaptors, wires, zip tie's, clamps, and 75 shot pills come in the nozzle.

He said it's had maybe 4 or 5 bottles ran through it. If there is anything that noticeably wears on a system like this, that would definitely affect my decision.

It does sound like a different kit would provide more power. If I'm running the max shot of 125 on this kit and I'm a few tenths short of my goal I'm not gonna be too happy. But if I can safely get there with a kit that costs around this much and allows me to grow I'd be all for it.

Nick, could you either post up a part# or PM me some info about a single nozzle kit you think would work for me?
Old 11-16-2008, 04:28 PM
FormerVendor

The Zex system is a great beginner system. It problably offers one of the most easy installs. However it has its limitations. For one the most you can get out of it is around 150 to 175 hp. You can never upgarde the system to use a progressive controller due to the design. If going with a ZEX system I would suggest using there windowswitch as well for simplicity. We carry zex products and know quite a bit about them. I would be happy to help you out.

If you are just set on the Zex for the price check out our brand X systems and accessories. I can put together you a package deal with all the system, accessories and safety items needed very cheap with out sacrificing quality or service.
Dave

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zex Wet Kit, good for first nitrous kit?