Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hav you checked you noids lately????look inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He had 5 years left to pay on the car as well. He was ok. Knocked the radio out and hit him barely. Cracked the front glass out of the car behind him as well
Old 03-03-2009, 09:59 PM
8 Second Club

is there some kind of tutorial on how to check your noids? maybe one of the sponsors should make one and take lots of pics.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by algws6
yea, cause the fuel pump is realy running with the car off.
residual pressure dumbass
Old 03-03-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and to the guy making the video... just save a $50 bottle of nitrous, get a time machine and go back to the day you were conceived and tell your dad to pull out...
Old 03-04-2009, 07:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm waiting on the video. I got my buck and my .
Old 03-04-2009, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

Subscribing to see how this goes.

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trophystock
Go out to the garage and get your bottle out and crack it open a little, now, when you close the bottle where is your lingering cloud of nitrous? Now get a short hose and turn a 5 gal bucket over and spray some nitrous under the bucket, turn the bucket over and guess what....no lingering cloud of nitrous. The air box is extremely well vented as it moves enough air to let your motor breath right? well it lets the nitrous out just as fast. now keep in mind everybody is talking about a leaking solenoid, how bad was it leaking? could it have been leaking so bad that somehow the air box could provide a restriction to it? Dry nitrous works because of the speed of the air traveling through the intake tube carries it into the motor, when the TB closed it doesn't force its way past the TB, it simply goes out the air box as fast as it comes out the nozzle. If this was a dry kit after the MAF, was the nozzle installed after the TB? Give me till next weekend and I will post up a video. I am not saying that his car wasn't a dry kit or am I saying that somehow it can not backfire, but I will guarantee you can spray it into the airbox with the motor off (spray a 100 shot, not a small leak). then fire the motor up will no ill effects. Just got to have a little faith on this one guys.
You are retarded the nitorus has enough pressure to pusha 40lb bottle around like its nothing when you crack it open. so when its leaking it will forse its way past the tb. the gto was proabbly fly by wire so they sit about 25% open when off. even if ti was cable tb it still has enough of a hole or crack to not seal it(or the car would not start) so it fills the intake. the nitrous will displace the oxgen and not disapate since its steady getting fed while leaking under pressure. if you open a bottle in a bucket then stop it will disipate in the air. btw you can't see nitrous what you see when you open the bottle is the rappid temp change and the liquid boiling off.

the vid i want you to make is to put a quart of gas in a bowl then put a bucket on top of it and feed a steady pressurized stream of nitrous to it then hit it with a spark and see what happens....

GIVE it up. a leaking nitrous noid will blow **** up it has and will again
Old 03-04-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

No, I said I would spray into my air box using the kit that I currently use, installed like I run at the track then I will fire the car right up period, you owe me a buck. For an extra sideshow, I will get my stock stuff up and show how good of a job the TB blocks the nitrous from entering the motor. Two videos for the price of one, buck that is.
Hey ***** stick you are retarded. please blow your 6.8 turd up and then retire. the whole point of the test is to have it activly spraying for a while then start the car with it still spraying. I hope it melts to the ground....

Last edited by ShiznityZ28; 03-04-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Go out to the garage and get your bottle out and crack it open a little, now, when you close the bottle where is your lingering cloud of nitrous? Now get a short hose and turn a 5 gal bucket over and spray some nitrous under the bucket, turn the bucket over and guess what....no lingering cloud of nitrous. The air box is extremely well vented as it moves enough air to let your motor breath right? well it lets the nitrous out just as fast. now keep in mind everybody is talking about a leaking solenoid, how bad was it leaking? could it have been leaking so bad that somehow the air box could provide a restriction to it? Dry nitrous works because of the speed of the air traveling through the intake tube carries it into the motor, when the TB closed it doesn't force its way past the TB, it simply goes out the air box as fast as it comes out the nozzle. If this was a dry kit after the MAF, was the nozzle installed after the TB? Give me till next weekend and I will post up a video. I am not saying that his car wasn't a dry kit or am I saying that somehow it can not backfire, but I will guarantee you can spray it into the airbox with the motor off (spray a 100 shot, not a small leak). then fire the motor up will no ill effects. Just got to have a little faith on this one guys.
There is no cloud but the gas is still present. The only reason there is a "cloud" when you spray nitrous into the air is because that is the liquid exiting the cylinder and vaporizing in the air. Nitrous as a gas is colorless. So just because you spray it into an enclosed space, like a bucket, and don't see a cloud doesn't mean the gas isn't present.

The airbox and intake is not well vented. Spray it in liquid into an intake manifold with the throttle closed, and the gas is going to pool, especially as it is heavier than air. Introduce just a little bit of gasoline to start, and the nitrous will act as a strong oxidizer to anything else, the gasoline, the plastic intake manifold, and if it gets hot enough, the aluminum in the heads and block.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Why would such an argument even exist? Wasn't there a huge poll about spraying below 3k RPM? Obviously 0 RPM would be a bad spot to spray... waiting on the Hiroshima video.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JoeMama's GTO
Why would such an argument even exist? Wasn't there a huge poll about spraying below 3k RPM? Obviously 0 RPM would be a bad spot to spray... waiting on the Hiroshima video.
Yup....any way you go about it, it WILL blow! My buddy rigged his wiring up wrong. When he went to purge(car was running) it backfired. He didnt get an explosion only because the TB was completely closed. But he had to buy a new TB

trophystock, you need to give it up man
Old 03-04-2009, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeMama's GTO

surely not, i spray from 800-2200rpms on the street..
Old 03-04-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

$500 WOW, don't really want to take your 500 but I will take a buck from you for sure. When you think about nitrous, it is 36% oxygen where as air is 20%. granted 36 is allot more then 20 but it is not a super rich oxygen mixture hence the reason it by itself is nonflammable. The real power increase as we know is the fact the nitrous is very dense when it enters the motor so we get allot of those oxygen molecules in there. I will find all my stock stuff and set up a airbox, maf, intake tube and tb on a bench and spray into the airbox and you'll see how nothing much if any at all goes past the TB. Please keep in mind I have done this before so I know what happens. Faith my friend, I would put my C5 in any danger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DRN3hdlwaM
what was the relevance of this video?

is it proving your point?
trying to impress us?

what?
Old 03-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

Makes me fell good about using my kit. Damn...
Old 03-04-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lemons12
what was the relevance of this video?

is it proving your point?
trying to impress us?

what?
I hope his 6.8 in the 1/8 is not his concrete evidance. LOL
Old 03-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
just found one of those ball valve kits.. edelbrock part number 72952
not sure if any of the sponsors carry it
Won't it just go boom the minute you open the valve with a leaking n2o 'noid? Or are you guys saying it'll make a smaller boom?
Old 03-04-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
I hope his 6.8 in the 1/8 is not his concrete evidance. LOL
would be even funnier if he was spraying to get the 6.8...
Old 03-04-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LyleU
Won't it just go boom the minute you open the valve with a leaking n2o 'noid? Or are you guys saying it'll make a smaller boom?

if he had a leaking noid the kit may have needed a few minutes to fill enoug to cause an issue. if he had a ball valve cutoff he coud start the car then hit the ball valve if the cars running it may raise the rpm and maybe he catches it maybe not nothing is 100% safe.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lemons12
would be even funnier if he was spraying to get the 6.8...
that would be awsome
Old 03-04-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Danm guys he hasn't posted here in awhile. What do you think happened? Did he blow himself up or do you think he came to his senses about what we all were telling him?

I still have my buck

Quick Reply: Hav you checked you noids lately????look inside