Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FJO vs NX Maximizer 3

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 12:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Default FJO vs NX Maximizer 3

I have the latest Gen 2 FJO progressive controller and quite honestly the software it has with it works but really needs more features. I was looking on NX website and saw the Maximizer 3 and it looks identical to my FJO. So I downloaded the software from NX and the layout is very similar however it's got more features than FJO's does. My question is will the software for the maximizer 3 work on the FJO unit since they are physically the same controller? Has anyone tried it?

I may try to link up to mine here after while to see what happens.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe FJO makes the Maximizer for NX.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:26 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah I'm pretty sure they do which is why I'm wondering since it's the same box could I just use the NX software for my FJO Gen 2?

I'm getting ready to go out and see if the NX software will link to my FJO box.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:53 PM
9 Second Club

The NX software will not even bring up a controller is connected... I am fairly sure that if the firmware in my box was updated with the NX firmware that the NX software would recognize it. Really sucks that I have the FJO with limited features when the NX is the exact same box and has ALOT more features in the software... Main one being ramp reset so that if you have to let out a little the controller will or will not ramp or progress. This feature is def needed on a M6 car cause even though I flat foot the gas when I push the clutch in my foot raises slightly on the pedal and will disarm the WOT switch. This feature can be set to only ramp once per cycle or everytime WOT is enabled.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non compatibility

Unfortunately the NX Maximizer 3 software will not work with any other progressive controller (not even the NX boost referenced progressive). The Max 3 has some differences internally to make the traction controller hookup possible. Also, the max 3 has the capability of operating a single stage up to 80 amps for use with 4 solenoid direct port systems. We have been backordered on MAX 3s so I have not had a chance to try the other softwares on the Max 3. We should have another run of Max 3s available tomorrow. I will play with a few combinations and will report if I find any compatibility tricks.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like stated above the two units are completely different. Like you have notices the maximizer has alot more features than the FJO. The question is do you really need those extra features?

The best controller on the market feature VS cost is by far the NOS launcher. That thing is awesome. You may want to check it out as well if you do need certain features.

The FJO mini has the majority of the features anyone needs.
Dave
Old 08-04-2010, 10:34 PM
9 Second Club

The only feature I need that the FJO Mini doesn't have is the ramp reset lockout feature. I have a 6spd car and if I pedal the car at all and the FJO looses the WOT signal due to it the timer for the ramping of spray start's over again, this is aspecially crappy when shifting. I flat foot shift my car but I'm not a very big guy and when I stomp on the clutch pedal it lifts me off the gas pedal for a split second and usually trip's the WOT switch off and back on. The ramp reset feature only allow's the timer to activate so many seconds. Maybe I'll just sell this one that is brand new and buy the Max 3 or the NOS Launcher you speak of.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea that is one thing I forget about that unit does not have.

The NOS mini is priced in the same price range and I am pretty sure it has that feature even though its not listed here. Ill ask tommorow.

Here is a link to it.
http://www.holley.com/15974NOS.asp

If looking into a higher option controller the launcher is hard to beat. The price is right and they have a few different options.
This is the base model.
http://www.holley.com/15977NOS.asp

This is my favorite. It has the LCD screen. Its pimp!
http://www.holley.com/15975NOS.asp
Old 08-05-2010, 10:15 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks for all of the links! If I can get rid of this FJO box I will probably pick up one of those.

Quick Reply: FJO vs NX Maximizer 3