Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Stock shortblock/cubic inch cam-only entry:) 56k beware

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way those specs were lined up it looked like the @050 duration numbers were over 300.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

stroker you guys are carbed right? what intake do yall run and whats your cam specs if you dont mind..the cam i had speced for my deal is a no go seeing i have a super vic and will be carbed..ended up being more better off for a fast deal.. it was huc lobes,239/251 dur 114+5.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by StrokerTA
The way those specs were lined up it looked like the @050 duration numbers were over 300.
After I made that post I thought about that if you were looking at it like that.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by suicidal racing
stroker you guys are carbed right? what intake do yall run and whats your cam specs if you dont mind..the cam i had speced for my deal is a no go seeing i have a super vic and will be carbed..ended up being more better off for a fast deal.. it was huc lobes,239/251 dur 114+5.
Why won't that work?

I always thought for what you were doing I knew you were using a super vic and was wondering why you weren't taking any more advantage of it with more rpm even though it's a stock bottom end. I have hit 7400-7500rpm with mine although it wasn't purposely on the 150 shot when I was learning when to shift it listening to the engine accelerate. I found 6900-7000rpm is what mine likes.

I would think yours would make a little more power at 7200-7300 shift point but at what reliability to the bottom end would you be losing I don't know.

I would still think something in the 240-244 intake duration range and 254-256 exhaust with maybe a tighter lsa and more icl advance would work with your set-up.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have vic jr w/ nx plate, 1.5" spacer and a quick fuel 850
Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry guys, I can't give out cam specs. We worked hard to figure out this combo, it wouldn't be fair to my business.. I'd be happy to order a custom grind for anyone that is in need though.

-I can say, that Nicks cam is larger than all the profiles you listed.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:25 AM
10 Second Club

Wow, guess I should start to get all secretive with mine too.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Wow, guess I should start to get all secretive with mine too.
If you were in the business of building engines, you probably should. Very few engine shops give out proven cam specs for free. I'm not trying to be a jerk, i'd love to help you out.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

If you were in the business of building engines, you probably should. Very few engine shops give out proven cam specs for free. I'm not trying to be a jerk, i'd love to help you out.
It just makes me when people ask all kinds of questions and information on my car and others cars then when a simple question is asked its, "Oh I can't tell you".

No offense but its not like there aren't 20 other stock cube cars currently doing the same thing we are. It's not rocket science.

And I'm not in the business of building engines. The guys I have talked to though I guess dont mind paying it foward.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
It just makes me when people ask all kinds of questions and information on my car and others cars then when a simple question is asked its, "Oh I can't tell you".

No offense but its not like there aren't 20 other stock cube cars currently doing the same thing we are. It's not rocket science.

And I'm not in the business of building engines. The guys I have talked to though I guess dont mind paying it foward.
You can ask Nick or myself anything about the engine or car and we will both help anyone we can answer any questions..
Camshaft is where the power is made, and thats where I get a little tight lipped.
Again, I'm not trying to be a dick. I just can't willingly divulge that information, if someone came into my shop today and said they wanted to buy a camshaft.. That's one thing..
Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 AM
8 Second Club

Shhhhhhhh, its a secret. Stop talking Martin
Old 07-06-2012, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

You can ask Nick or myself anything about the engine or car and we will both help anyone we can answer any questions..
Camshaft is where the power is made, and thats where I get a little tight lipped.
Again, I'm not trying to be a dick. I just can't willingly divulge that information, if someone came into my shop today and said they wanted to buy a camshaft.. That's one thing..
I guess I understand. No hard feelings.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by THADD
Shhhhhhhh, its a secret. Stop talking Martin
You didn't get the memo? We aren't even using cam shafts anymore, we're just putting cracked out hamsters in where the cam should be, it's the hottest new thing!!! **** it ain't even cam only anymore its HAMSTER ONLY BITCHES!

lmao Hamster power TTF!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

I dont want everyone gettin upset over these cam specs here. But legend and bullet both worked pretty hard trying to spec out this cam for my setup. Im sure if you called either LRE or bullet they both point you in the right direction. I will tell you this its at a 114, similar to specs posted on here, higher lift numbers than some would expect, and still hydraulic roller. I hope this is helpful and really dont wish to start a pissing match. Feel free to ask any other questions you guys may have bout my setup.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhiteLTone
I dont want everyone gettin upset over these cam specs here. But legend and bullet both worked pretty hard trying to spec out this cam for my setup. Im sure if you called either LRE or bullet they both point you in the right direction. I will tell you this its at a 114, similar to specs posted on here, higher lift numbers than some would expect, and still hydraulic roller. I hope this is helpful and really dont wish to start a pissing match. Feel free to ask any other questions you guys may have bout my setup.
I don't think there was any pissing match started. Mine is still in my pants

It's just the fact that all of us stock cube stock shortblock guys share all of our info freely without hesitation. Then when someone who has asked questions to those same people all the sudden says, "oh we can't tell you that, but if you want to buy one we can" makes you get a real sour taste in your mouth for even helping that person at all.

What are you going to lose by telling someone what the cam is speced for? Again no offense but it's not like you have a Pro Mod or are class racing for money. Seems like some are taking this a little to seriously IMO.

It's not like I, suicidal, and others haven't been working just as hard to try and get our new cams where they should be and sharing that info makes it that much easier for someone else to learn and know what is the right way to spec a camshaft.

I am not the only one that feels this way either.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We might not be class racing, but last I checked there was a little competition to see who could make it to the 8s first? Which to me incites a little bit of grudge racing.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

I understand where your coming from. Sharing of info on our posts is very useful and i appreciate everything and all the help i have recieved from you and others on this site. I dont wanna sell Bullet or LRE short by giving away exact specs for someone to go duplicate, thats what makes it their custom grind. As i said before im sure LRE or Bullet would be more than happy to spec you out the exact same cam or one that may better in
your situation. Hell i even have a billet bullet cam core here id be willing to part with for next to nothing.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Info of all the stock cune guys is what makes us keep going faster and faster, and not blowing **** up along the way. If there is anything anyone wants to kno about my setup or tunes that i run, feel free to ask. I didnt design the cam and am not at liberty to say any more than i really have already. Hydraulic roller on 114, similar to designs you posted above with higher lift. If it was an off the shelf cam my specs would have already been posted. Sorry to all this upsets but a companies hard work shouldnt be cut short.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

We might not be class racing, but last I checked there was a little competition to see who could make it to the 8s first? Which to me incites a little bit of grudge racing.
I don't race 1/4 mile and never will most likely.

Being in the 8's first has no bearing on my car.

All I care about is how fast can I go.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:15 PM
10 Second Club

I think I can spec my own cam that will be just as good if not better. I have got a bunch of very knowledgeable people on my side and in my corner that aren't afraid to give me specs of cams that have been proven time and time again. We discuss valve events and what specs will put those events where they need to be.

All a custom spec cam is, is someone who knows what valve events work best and then applying those events to duration, lsa, and icl. The lobe combination and what lobes work best is really where the expertise comes in which again I have people on my side and in my corner willing to divulge that information for free which I then pay it forward and share with anyone willing to listen.

I figure if someone can discern the facts, sift through the bullshit and find the right information and is willing to listen then they will. Most will blow the specs off I listed because they had someone like bullet or LRE spec them for their build and will think those wont work or that isn't right or that's too big or that's too small.

The ones that can look at the specs, look at a VE calculator and say hey I know that works this guy is on to something are the ones that can take a page out of my book which I don't mind or care at all for free.

I now know where you guys stand when it comes down to it. So no hard feelings here just indifference I guess.

Quick Reply: My Stock shortblock/cubic inch cam-only entry:) 56k beware