Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Stock shortblock/cubic inch cam-only entry:) 56k beware

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Junky: Do you have a specific turbo kit on your silver Camaro or is it just a kit you put together? Looks great btw!
Old 07-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KissMyTushZ28
Junky: Do you have a specific turbo kit on your silver Camaro or is it just a kit you put together? Looks great btw!
its a nitrous car...
Old 07-06-2012, 01:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lmao ! ^^^^^
Old 07-06-2012, 01:51 PM
9 Second Club

Nitrous cam wont shine until 300+ worth .... step it up boys !
Old 07-06-2012, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Dude youre acting like i wont share any info with you at all. I jus said i cant state exact cam specs, knowing what you kno about stock cube ls1's and ptv clearance and so on, you should be able to get very very close guess at what it is given the info i was able to devulge. Not trying to burn anyone or mislead them i enjoy the sharing of info on here, some stuff i cant say. Dont want you or anyone else here thinking im a jerk off for not doing so. I mean its the small things that make each car run different.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:06 PM
9 Second Club

Off the top of my head ours is 284/306 978/994 on a 116 if anyone cares.

LOL !
Old 07-06-2012, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

Lol sounds like ls6 cam specs. Ok im done posting about the secret cam banter, back on track to the informative thread this once was.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by n2ols1cam
its a nitrous car...
Oh my bad. I didn't really pay attention and just saw the big ram air tube sticking out of the front bumper. Sorry.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteLTone
Dude youre acting like i wont share any info with you at all. I jus said i cant state exact cam specs, knowing what you kno about stock cube ls1's and ptv clearance and so on, you should be able to get very very close guess at what it is given the info i was able to devulge. Not trying to burn anyone or mislead them i enjoy the sharing of info on here, some stuff i cant say. Dont want you or anyone else here thinking im a jerk off for not doing so. I mean its the small things that make each car run different.
Sorry I was kinda in a bad mood earlier and not because of this thread lol.

It is the little things that make each car run different. You haven't been a jerk to me and have been helpful. No hard feelings?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

The 16G is hiding behind the water pump

LOL thanks for the laugh guys on this one I needed it.

Don't feel bad at all you are by far not the first person that has come up to me especially at the track and said man you're spraying that thing and got a turbo on it!!! I usually respond with if I was I'd have to kill myself if it was still this slow lmao.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Off the top of my head ours is 284/306 978/994 on a 116 if anyone cares.

LOL !
Screw you and your gangster cam Wayne!!!

And I should be getting very close to 300 tomorrow!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Oh my bad. I didn't really pay attention and just saw the big ram air tube sticking out of the front bumper. Sorry.
You no like my ram-air? Ala Pep Boys?
Old 07-07-2012, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn boys calm it down now calm it down..lmao

Seeing the fall out all came from my question..ill say i wasnt looking for the exact specs,like lobes used,lobe an centerline.was jus wondering in gen because yall are the only other people i can think of doing this with a carb deal...honestly i wouldnt copy yalls deal..i would put money that it wouldnt work in my deal if its real huge..the lil things like ported milled heads,my comp,valve train weight an blah blah makes me in my own boat..

Me im not rich an bust my *** to put pennys into my ****..ive fucked stuff up before an will put my whole combo out there with out thinking twice if it may help some one else from ******* **** up or save them some money..i dont know everything an like to gain as much knowledge as i can an stay learning an pass stuff on if i can..its jus the person i am..i have no problem saying all this ls **** is new to me an im glad theres other people willing to pass info on on here an the bullet..

As for the 8 sec deal well yall have fun with that ..martin if u lived in my area i would say it would of been broken..your driveline in my chassis would of crushed it..seeing with driver it would of sat around 2500#.. an u know my ported heads would of gotten on your deal..lol..

**** my lunch is up..damn the man
Old 07-07-2012, 04:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Martin, I wish you car was setup for 1/4 mile. I know those trickflows I have and some bigger jets will get it to the 8's no problem.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by suicidal racing
Damn boys calm it down now calm it down..lmao

Seeing the fall out all came from my question..ill say i wasnt looking for the exact specs,like lobes used,lobe an centerline.was jus wondering in gen because yall are the only other people i can think of doing this with a carb deal...honestly i wouldnt copy yalls deal..i would put money that it wouldnt work in my deal if its real huge..the lil things like ported milled heads,my comp,valve train weight an blah blah makes me in my own boat..

Me im not rich an bust my *** to put pennys into my ****..ive fucked stuff up before an will put my whole combo out there with out thinking twice if it may help some one else from ******* **** up or save them some money..i dont know everything an like to gain as much knowledge as i can an stay learning an pass stuff on if i can..its jus the person i am..i have no problem saying all this ls **** is new to me an im glad theres other people willing to pass info on on here an the bullet..

As for the 8 sec deal well yall have fun with that ..martin if u lived in my area i would say it would of been broken..your driveline in my chassis would of crushed it..seeing with driver it would of sat around 2500#.. an u know my ported heads would of gotten on your deal..lol..

**** my lunch is up..damn the man
Your intake, your heads, sell my fast and put a nice IS plate and spacer set-up and accufab TB on your intake, with my motor and cam advanced to 107 ICL, flycut the pistons, my trans and converter rear end in your car would be a 8.70 deal all day long. 150mph+ and 8.70's with 1.2x 60' foots YES PLEASE!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WheelsUp84z
Martin, I wish you car was setup for 1/4 mile. I know those trickflows I have and some bigger jets will get it to the 8's no problem.
It would need a 3.73 gear for sure, possibly a stator change to compensate for the added slip the higher gear would give it and your heads with a 200 shot should put it at least where cam is right now in the 9.20's-9.30's.

With a 250 shot or 300 for sure it would go 8's all day long.

Man I wish you lived closer and/or weren't in the sand box right now, we could really have some fun.

We still can when you get back!!! You know I'd let you drive it if it had your heads on it!

It really was a blessing having Josh and Brian from KYTP set the suspension up. Even though I have completely changed the shock settings, LCA angle and the way the car hits the tire versus the way they had it set-up they really had the anti-roll on this car PERFECT. This thing will track straight with the front tires off the ground for 200' if not more I'd be willing to bet. It has never EVER made a move to the left or the right it's always straight as an arrow. It really makes driving the car a non thinking action, just make sure you cut a good light and be ready to look at the sky when the transbrake releases! At least on that first pass!

I always set the front end up a little looser on the first pass of the day so I can get a feel for how the track is. I'd rather it hook and carry the wheels a bit and know I have room to tighten it down than have it set tight worried about a wheelie and then guessing how much I need to take out of it and wasting a pass. An aborted pass you can't get any data from, but a wheelie pass at least you have good data to go by for the next run.

I'll probably not run the car till at least 5-6 this afternoon. It's going to be 100 degrees today and it's going to be HOT!

I'm glad Paul, Thadd and Ted have awnings!

Last edited by Fbodyjunkie06; 07-07-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah man I dont even go to the track without my awnings, even if I'm spectating.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:55 PM
10 Second Club

Leaving out now!

Looks like Ted brought the enclosed and we got A/C!

I'll update tonight.

Wish me luck fellers.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

How it go
Old 07-08-2012, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Got great news and no news lol.

I didn't run my car. It was 101 degrees out there today and the track was not its usual pull your shoe off Piedmont it has been. Granted it was 145 degrees on the track surface.

I wasn't able to add any timing into my tune because I was out hunting for a 93 and or a 99 jet all day today. Went to two different local shops and all they have are nos jets. No nx jets like I need.

So I figured I will still get my nitrous filled plugs race gas etc. tools jack all that jazz and go meet up with Thadd, and the rest of the LS1excitement cars at the race and hope someone there has a NX kit or the shop there that sells solenoids and other race parts like fuel pumps, fire suits and helmets and get one there and run the car....no dice.

Thadd(the red and black other local stock cubed (his is forged 10.1:1 CR) with tfs heads lt1 swapped ls1 car) was going to run his and the track finally started to come around at 9:00 when the sun went down. Thadd had some traction problems last time out with stock shocks and put a set of single adjustables on there, a interrupt and the new mickey thompson 275's.

SOB went 5.93@115 1.27 60' 3.80 330' tonight on his only pass he ran! 82n jet 73f jet(low pressure). Great run. I'm sure he will update his thread later with the video and slip. Car left beautifully and I think he's got a great shot at 70's with some more jet or if he wants to really work his current tune. I know he was stoked and I am for him too.

I'm ordering jets Monday and the NDRRA race wasn't today like I thought, they will be having their 275 vs. 28's and RS275 race this Saturday and the weather is supposed to be in the mid to high 80's instead of 100's and high 90's like it was today until literally 11:00. It was 89 degrees at 11:00 I heard.

I'm just gonna leave the 17* timing in it and let it eat. Like cam said his car ran the exact times mine has on 150 and 200 jet when he had stock 241's. My stall is too tight too for the smaller jet no matter how much I lean it out it still drops too much and isn't putting the car in it's peak power band off the line like it used too with the 6000 stall when it was all-motor. I know, "let the torque get it off the line". Well my car doesn't make much torque even with the nitrous. Stall is supposed to stall 5900-6000 on a 99 jet and 5700-5800 on a 93 jet. We will see.

Congrats again to Thadd though he has a bad machine and that's how we do it in NC!

Quick Reply: My Stock shortblock/cubic inch cam-only entry:) 56k beware