Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using Nitrous for droping inlet air temps and added power gain.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Using Nitrous for droping inlet air temps and added power gain.

I need some info on using a nos system just to fog the inlet air to reduce air temps. Currently going with forced induction and would like to reduce inlet air temps, I have seen and heard were nitrous was just used to fog inlet air to drop temps. What size shot would be considered for this or just? Or is there a nozzel just to fog. I undrstand that this would also provide a gain in hp as well. I am not after the big hp gains from larger shots, stil running stock block, so need to be rather carefull.

Chris
Old 02-13-2005, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard that nitrous typically doubles the horespower shot when used in forced induction applications.

So you may want to go as small as you can get just for the cooling effect, and get the extra HP as a bonus.

You may want to look into Alky kits as well.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Do you have an intercooler? If so, one system you might look into is the NX Ntercooler setup. It uses either nitrous or co2 to drop the temperature of the intercooler significantly, and does not inject any nitrous into your engine.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

what is your inlet air temp right now?
Old 02-14-2005, 02:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still in the install process should be up and running by the end of the month. Yes am running dual ati cooler setup D1sc. Have looked at cryo setup as well, but am getting mixed reviews. Some say it dose not help near as much as a shot of nitrous. I dont think my temps will be that bad but I live in a high altitude 5180' Denver, so air is thin, and warm. I figure if I can keep at least cold it would not hurt.

Have even been told to look at the small dual fans that mount on top of the intercoolers to aid in airflow overthem.

Chris
Old 02-14-2005, 02:17 AM
FormerVendor

Im setting up a purge on a front mount heat exchanger on a friends 04 cobra next week....im gonna set a spray bar over it and purge C02 across the heat exchanger to cool the liquid passing through...I'm curious to see how much this will work
Old 02-14-2005, 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats what I was thinking at first, but have gotten carried away with the spray. Check out my sig.
In my experience, without an intercooler I saw about a 40% higher than standard jetting hp gain, and with an intercooler about 10-20%.
My advice is to go with a wet single fogger efi kit, over the intercooler spray bar. Both will make power, but the single fogger kit will use much less nitrous to produce the same ammount.
Vinny
Old 02-14-2005, 08:25 AM
Staging Lane

Just throw a little wet shot on it and when you get addicted, its innevitable that you will be going higher and higher.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's an interesting idea. I almost did it last year to my Z28. I went with a giant honking Spearco front mount instead. A fifty shot should be pretty safe and would also help get you off the line. I assume you've looked into alky/meth injection. Cheaper to fill and you can crank up the boost some. Which ever way you go, you'll be adding cylinder pressure though, so make sure you've got a good tune.

Let us know how it works.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah Alky / Methanal also helps you run more boost safer, but come on how cool is hearing and seeing a purge right after a blow of valve. Thats intimidation!