Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok TNT Power Ring owners................

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Ok TNT Power Ring owners................

How the hell did you get your ring to fit on your car???????? Ive tried to make it fit with 3 different lids nad it isnt even close. Looks like not much fore thought went into this thing. YOu add 3 inches of material to a thing that barely fits together the way it is. Why didnt they just make it with the bellows on it already and cut to work properly? Oh and he tech line at TNT said to put the stock lid back on and use it that way. Yeah Ill get right on that.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my maf drilled and tapped for the nozzles.It seems to work fine so far and yes the nozzles are right after the sensor. I didn't have the patience to mess with that and my lid didn't look like it could be cut that much.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:02 AM
10 Second Club

that's a good idea- most people cut their stock bellow/lid a little or get a different bellow from home depot or wherever. it DOES fit, it just does not bolt right on.

stock lid . im surprised they would even say that.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:11 PM
10 Second Club

I know someone is using the power ring come on how did you get it to fit??? Im about ready to cut my loses with it and do it some other way.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

i used the stock rib thingy, granatelli maf, and a volant induction. wasn't eassy. pretty much just got everything in place, then took the stock rib thingy, crushed it down as much as i could, sliped the top part over the tnt power ring then with brut force, twisted it so the whole thing went on over the tnt power ring lip. it's a very tight fit but it will work. should work with any lid and maf.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:48 PM
10 Second Club

OK with the lid I have, TSP clear lid, and stock MAF if you put the ring on and then put the MAF into the lid and leave the bellows out the MAF is hitting the ring and wont go together. Even with any other type of bellow it wont go onto the car, its ridiculous.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

you can buy a 4 inch to 3 1/2 coupler. cut it to size. www.atpturbo.com
also try to trim about a 1/4-1/2 inch off the end of your lid.
might get ya the space you need.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

Mine fit fine with alittle trimming. I took down the neck of the lid, trimmed my slp bellow, trimmed the lower air box alittle, and I was good to go. Nothing a hack saw can't handle.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Mine fit fine with alittle trimming. I took down the neck of the lid, trimmed my slp bellow, trimmed the lower air box alittle, and I was good to go. Nothing a hack saw can't handle.

Hmmm I figured that someone would make something that would actually fit on the car without having to pull out a sawsall. I still dont understand why they didnt make it with the bellows attached to be the right length or make a lid and sell that also that makes everything fit. Instaed we get a halfassed something that was thrown together expecting us to engineer for them.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

i had to buy a k&n kit and that was still a bitch but it works and fits nice and looks realyl good
Old 04-17-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

The power ring shouldnt touch the lid anyway thats where ur messing up. Mine fit, with the stock Bellow it kind of folds up and allows some leeway ut u have to cut an inch or so of the stock bellow off. You beat the power ring on the throttle body with a rubber hammer, attach stock bellow, connect the MAF, then intake. The power ring shouldnt touch the lid anyway thats where ur mesing up.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MakoLS1
The power ring shouldnt touch the lid anyway thats where ur messing up. Mine fit, with the stock Bellow it kind of folds up and allows some leeway ut u have to cut an inch or so of the stock bellow off. You beat the power ring on the throttle body with a rubber hammer, attach stock bellow, connect the MAF, then intake. The power ring shouldnt touch the lid anyway thats where ur mesing up.

I wasnt saying the ring was touching the lid, and if I did I didnt mean it that way. What I was saying was with the ring on the TB and the MAF on my lid the MAF was hitting the ring with no bellows on it so if I added bellows to it it would make it that much longer.

Anyway we got it to go on last night finally. I traded my clear lid for an SLP lid and we pulled out the hacksaw and started cutting. I also changed bellows with a guy because his was alot shorter than mine for some reason. We finally got it to slide on, but believe me it was no easy task. We had to cut so much off of the lid that I couldnt even get the securing ring back on it to hold it to the MAF.

Now that its on though how am I going to like it? I havent sprayed it yet as my solenoids are now going to have to be moved to make the line fit right.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
How the hell did you get your ring to fit on your car???????? Ive tried to make it fit with 3 different lids nad it isnt even close. Looks like not much fore thought went into this thing. YOu add 3 inches of material to a thing that barely fits together the way it is. Why didnt they just make it with the bellows on it already and cut to work properly? Oh and he tech line at TNT said to put the stock lid back on and use it that way. Yeah Ill get right on that.

Man, im sorry your having so much trouble.. The old ring only adds right at 3/4 of an inch to the total intake track, which isnt great but it sure as hell beats sticking the nozzle in a rubber boot.. They are a tight fit, but its not like theres a lot of room to work with in the first place either.. We have felt everyones pain, and the new ring effective of this month is shorter, exactly 1/2inch shorter than the standard ring we have had for years.. Installing the old ring can be a pain in the *** I will agree, but its not the end of the world either.. Maybe my oppinion is bias after installing longtubes on a on a 4.6 mustang We are going to have a custom TNT intake bellow made, that can be an option when buying a kit, so cutting the air lid will be a thing of the past..
Old 04-18-2005, 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Geez about time you guys did something about it . Or is that a way of making more money
Old 04-18-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
Geez about time you guys did something about it . Or is that a way of making more money
Wow, wasent really expecting a responce like that.. We can just keep making the old style if you think that would be better..
Old 04-18-2005, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Man, im sorry your having so much trouble.. The old ring only adds right at 3/4 of an inch to the total intake track, which isnt great but it sure as hell beats sticking the nozzle in a rubber boot.. They are a tight fit, but its not like theres a lot of room to work with in the first place either.. We have felt everyones pain, and the new ring effective of this month is shorter, exactly 1/2inch shorter than the standard ring we have had for years.. Installing the old ring can be a pain in the *** I will agree, but its not the end of the world either.. Maybe my oppinion is bias after installing longtubes on a on a 4.6 mustang We are going to have a custom TNT intake bellow made, that can be an option when buying a kit, so cutting the air lid will be a thing of the past..

Wow glad to hear that, it has been one big pain in my *** putting this on. Wish I could have gottne one of the new ones with the bellows.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Wow, wasent really expecting a responce like that.. We can just keep making the old style if you think that would be better..
Yeah, that was an unexpected response. (if I may) I think his point was that it took a long time to fix a known problem (having to cut lids/bellows, etc).

Now that the problem is being fixed, I'm sure everyone will be happy going forward, but the guys that went through the pain may still be a little bitter.

I have to say that I am happy to hear about the new ring/bellows. The current ring is *the* reason I haven't bought a TNT kit, because I didn't want to hack on/switch my MTI clear lid.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry David I didnt mean to come off as a Dick but it has been a few years since that particular product has been out. Thats all I was basically trying to say. I know you hate me now.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

David@TNT sent you a PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
Sorry David I didnt mean to come off as a Dick but it has been a few years since that particular product has been out. Thats all I was basically trying to say. I know you hate me now.
Man I dont hate ya!! You were just venting, no harm in that at all in my book .. I just wish I could have made these changes earlier, but we were not able to.. All we can do is make the product better in the future, and I do as much as possible to make things right for the guys that are not happy.. But I can assure you that we have not and will not intentionally put product out just so we can upgrade it to sell more.. We dont run that kind of operation here.. We have a good rep for nice product and take more pride in that than what we make off of it.. I promise you we are 1 of the few down to earth companys out there.. Thanks 4 your input David@TNT..