Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets talk Bottle Valves

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets talk Bottle Valves

since a search did not produce anything, i guess its time to *** the question.

Who or what company is making a good valve.

Also what do you think is more important, a -6 line or a high flow valve?

Reason why is because I was having a problem getting enough nitrous volume on my nitrous setup for a 300 shot on NOS Pro Shot solenoids with dual fogger setup. Car was bogging pig rich. Jets were the ones specified by almost all the nitrous calculators and NOS tech. I checked FP and everything was fine.

I came to the conclusion that it must be the old NOS bottle standard valve/-4 line combo.

Right now I have two bottles. A new 15lb ProFlow bottle from wilson manifold, and a NOS 10 lb bottle with superhighflow valve. I am upgraded to a -6 line.

I should be set. But I just wanted to know what people thought about other company's valves etc etc.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

bump anyone
Old 01-18-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

I would think that the -4an is your problem for flowing a 300 shot. If you search around here there was a good thread about max flow for -4an line and I do beleive it was under 300 hp.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

standard high flow valves can usually support up to 340HP, Super high flow valves in general can support up to 450hp and have a larger orifice and the piston lifts much higher allowing more flow. the super high flow also has a 1/2 siphon tube. Lastly, NX and Cold Fusion have a BALL VALVE style bottle valve that has a HUGE orifice and opens completely. Ours comes with a 5/8 siphon tube and can discharge a FULL 10lb bottle in less than 5 seconds! NOW thats some serious flow and can support just about any kit. I'm pretty sure NX's ball valve flows the same! I'll look up our test results that compaired the 2.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:13 AM
FormerVendor

The maximum flow that we've found on a -4 line is 440rwhp on a single stage.

Concerning bottle valves, we only have two types. Our standard valve will support 500rwhp easily given the correct matching parts for those hp levels (hoses, solenoids, plate/nozzles, etc.). Our other valve is the DF5, which is a straight through ball valve that we use on our 1200rwhp systems. To the best of my knowledge, the DF5 valve is the highest flowing valve on the market.

I don't know the hp ratings on the the other companies valves though, so I don't have any comparitive data to share.

Last edited by NXJeremy; 01-18-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Veteran

On a good -4 line you can get some flow...no doubt.

My old NOS -4 that came with a 5177 kit though topped out right at 300 hp with me jacking up the pressure.

SO it also depends on who made the line...what fittings where used, crimps, smallest ID, etc.
The -6 line should take care of your problem I would think.

I have sprayed 405 rwhp through an NOS superhighflow valve. I have never used the Wilson bottle valve so I dont know.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

I agree there are quite a few limiting factors. I've seen -4 system flow 250 maxc and seen them flow alot more as well. 383 said it right depends on connectors, routes, crimps, valves, nozzles etc

If you want to spray more than 200/250 i'd go -6 why not make it easier to get there? The last thing you want to do is have bottlenecks when going the extra mile to make performance
Old 01-19-2006, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Off the ProFlow site:

The Nitrous Pro-Flow bottle with its patent pending valve and tube assembly flows 360 lb/hr more than the leading high flow valve and tube brand!

Well hopefully i should be fine... thanx guys