Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator Dynos

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 10:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like you Scott, I'm very interested in the upcoming dyno tests. However, the only reasons that the Predator made the power it did was because it flowed more, and it more than likely changed the a/f. Albert even stated several times that it flowed more, and everyone knows (I hope) that more nitrous = more power. I don't think atomization has anything to do with it. In fact, I think the word atomization is highly over used, especially since know one has ever actually tested a nozzle for it. Everyone just throughs the word out there as a reason that a nozzle makes more power than another.

Honestly, I think the nozzle is a good design. However, I don't think those graphs should be used as a basis for saying that it is better than the others. This is because of three main reasons; a) the graphs show that the nozzle is very inconsistant. b) every single pull was done different. c) no a/f was given for any graph.

Not trying to knock it, but just stating facts based on the information given. Like I said, I think it's a good design and I really look forward to the next batch of tests. I don't doubt that it makes power, I just think the original claims were a little skewed.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I agree, maybe it was not ideal testing. However, when you make more power and earler in the rpm range, than five (was it five or four) well known nozzles, then that suggests that the preponderence of the evidence points to a better design (or a nation wide conspiracy). It doesn't really matter how the dyno tests are performed, if all's the same then it's ten minutes latter, someone will state that the barometric pressure has changed. In conclusion, I think Cold fusion is on to an engineering winner, regradless of the skeptics. I also agree, strip testing will be the best, and if Albert needs some Z06 testing to be performed, well...
Robert
Old 03-06-2006, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Again, Robert... 'earlier in the RPM range'?
You can't be serious, there was no window switch used

Originally Posted by Robert56
Well, I agree, maybe it was not ideal testing. However, when you make more power and earler in the rpm range, than five (was it five or four) well known nozzles, then that suggests that the preponderence of the evidence points to a better design (or a nation wide conspiracy). It doesn't really matter how the dyno tests are performed, if all's the same then it's ten minutes latter, someone will state that the barometric pressure has changed. In conclusion, I think Cold fusion is on to an engineering winner, regradless of the skeptics. I also agree, strip testing will be the best, and if Albert needs some Z06 testing to be performed, well...
Robert
Old 03-06-2006, 07:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Well I got plenty of canidates seeing as if its a major shop in Houston I'm friends with the owners LOL. Jayson @ MTI, Mike/Jay @ G-Force, Chuck @ HPE, etc...

I'd be willing to come home from school to see the test, I'm in San Marcos, just south of Austin.

Who will be installing the kits.. I've heard of a certain person, not mentioning any names, that actually has tried to cheat on tire things to race in a TT5 class..
That cheater was running a Cold Fusion kit...Orange Chevelle ring a bell...Our tech team at Kennedale busted him for it here in DFW. Ole dude has the sweetest mullet!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:00 AM
FormerVendor

Robert, I don't think anyone is doubting that the nozzle makes power. It does. However, people are just wanting to see some better tests done. Based on your latest post above you are basically saying that a car can be pulled three times, in three completely different ways, and the results are valid. That is simply not true at all. Again, we can all see that the nozzle made power, but the original claims were skewed a bit.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

So you guys are saying 8 out of 8 tested nozzles were skewed to make the new Predator nozzle appear superior? Please, that is ridiculous, there is something to this nozzle and it seems to work quite well. Conspiracy theory, I don't think so, less than desirable testing, yes. This is why more dyno pulls are going to be done, to tighten up comparisons, and not to worried about out come, unless it's beat by all 8 tested nozzles.
Robert
Old 03-07-2006, 11:54 AM
FormerVendor

There's no conspiracy going on Robert. I am only going off of the information that was given, which by the way, there are only three dyno graphs posted not 8. Going by the information that I saw on those three graphs (again, not a conspiracy, just looking at the information that was presented), I have come to several conclusions.
--Yes, the nozzle made good power (I don't think anyone is disputing this).
--Yes, all of the dyno pulls looked to be performed differently (inconsitency in a testing environment kind of negates the testing, wouldn't you agree?)
--Yes, from the three graphs that are posted I would have to say that the nozzle performs rather inconsistently, which may be attributed to the way the pulls were made differently.
--No, based on the given information the nozzle does not look to be "superior" to all of the other nozzles on the market.

Once more, for the 100th time, no one is disputing wether or not the nozzle makes power, because it does. The only thing people are wanting to see are more consistent tests done with more information regarding a/f to try and get a better understanding of why this nozzle made the power it did. That's it, there's no conspiracy going on by the other manufacturers or anyone else. When a company starts making claims like the one's made for the release of this nozzle, people (this includes customers, potential customers, and other manufacturers) are going to want to know the "how" and "why" of it. So far, that information has not been availible, and people will continue to ask questions until it is. This is why so many are looking forward to the new tests that Albert and the guys at CF are doing.

What is rediculous is that everytime anyone questions anything about CF there must be a conspiracy going on. There are lots of people on here that are going to try and find out as much information as possible about everything they can, and they are going to scutinize everything down to the smallest detail. I think this is good for the industry and we all should ask as many questions as we can to gain as much information about products as possible.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

This thread is getting so fracking old, is it better, is it worse, does it work, or does it not. Time will tell, but I am sure more dyno testing would not have taken this long to preform... So if the nozzle works and if it beat all other nozzles then great, but if it does not, I will be the first to call bull-****.
So lets just wait and see.
Ricky
Old 03-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Teching In

any word on when the testing is going to be done?
Old 03-10-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
There's no conspiracy going on Robert. I am only going off of the information that was given, which by the way, there are only three dyno graphs posted not 8. Going by the information that I saw on those three graphs (again, not a conspiracy, just looking at the information that was presented), I have come to several conclusions.
--Yes, the nozzle made good power (I don't think anyone is disputing this).
--Yes, all of the dyno pulls looked to be performed differently (inconsitency in a testing environment kind of negates the testing, wouldn't you agree?)
--Yes, from the three graphs that are posted I would have to say that the nozzle performs rather inconsistently, which may be attributed to the way the pulls were made differently.
--No, based on the given information the nozzle does not look to be "superior" to all of the other nozzles on the market.

Once more, for the 100th time, no one is disputing wether or not the nozzle makes power, because it does. The only thing people are wanting to see are more consistent tests done with more information regarding a/f to try and get a better understanding of why this nozzle made the power it did. That's it, there's no conspiracy going on by the other manufacturers or anyone else. When a company starts making claims like the one's made for the release of this nozzle, people (this includes customers, potential customers, and other manufacturers) are going to want to know the "how" and "why" of it. So far, that information has not been availible, and people will continue to ask questions until it is. This is why so many are looking forward to the new tests that Albert and the guys at CF are doing.
Earlier in this thread NXRicky said that the shark nozzle was the HP leader for the last 9-years? Where's the proof that this nozzle was anything more than equal to all other nozzles, like has been implied through out this thread?

What is rediculous is that everytime anyone questions anything about CF there must be a conspiracy going on. There are lots of people on here that are going to try and find out as much information as possible about everything they can, and they are going to scutinize everything down to the smallest detail. I think this is good for the industry and we all should ask as many questions as we can to gain as much information about products as possible.
NX Jeremy, you got it wrong. I was talking about a conspiracy by Cold Fusion to make up a bunch of bull to claim to beat 8-different nozzles? you really believe that? Conspiracy towards CF, by Who, NX? They and their assosiates are the only ones , and I see none of the other major companys saying anything, and believe by now they all know. Instead of all the by NX, just do a test that will make you happy.
Robert
Old 03-13-2006, 04:25 PM
FormerVendor

Once again you've missed the point Robert . Not everyone that supports/likes NX is an "associate" of NX, people will support who ever they want. No one is crying about the Predator nozzle. I have never once said that the data/results that were provided by Albert and Scott were fake or made up in a "conpsiracy". I have posted numerous times that the nozzle looks to make power, I don't think anyone is disputing this.

However, like I have said repeatedly, when a company publicly makes claims to drastically out perform NX I can guarantee you that people that like/support NX are going to want to see some valid data (I think this would be true of any company). So far, the data that has been presented is inconclusive at best. People just want to see some better testing done, that's all. I personally would much rather have independent studies performed when testing any products instead of the manufacturer's performing their own testing. That way the manufacturer's are less likely to be accused of inaccuracies for their own benefit.

ONCE AGAIN , no one is saying the nozzle sucks or that it doesn't work. I personally like the design and I think it makes good power.

On a side note, you might want to look over this thread again because no where in it does Ricky say anything about the Shark nozzle being the best for the last 9 years. I find it funny that the big claim for this nozzle was done against the Shark, and then you are shocked/angry when NX "associates" start asking questions about the tests and results. It's not crying, just questioning the data. When the next new product is released, regardless of manufacturer, I can guarantee there will be lots of questions then too. That's just how this industry is.

Albert, I'm still looking forward to the next batch of tests that you guys are doing. Please hurry so we can move on to scutinizing something else,

Robert, one of these days we'll all look back on this and have a laugh.....and maybe a
Old 03-28-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
Once again you've missed the point Robert . Not everyone that supports/likes NX is an "associate" of NX, people will support who ever they want. No one is crying about the Predator nozzle. I have never once said that the data/results that were provided by Albert and Scott were fake or made up in a "conpsiracy". I have posted numerous times that the nozzle looks to make power, I don't think anyone is disputing this.

However, like I have said repeatedly, when a company publicly makes claims to drastically out perform NX I can guarantee you that people that like/support NX are going to want to see some valid data (I think this would be true of any company). So far, the data that has been presented is inconclusive at best. People just want to see some better testing done, that's all. I personally would much rather have independent studies performed when testing any products instead of the manufacturer's performing their own testing. That way the manufacturer's are less likely to be accused of inaccuracies for their own benefit.

ONCE AGAIN , no one is saying the nozzle sucks or that it doesn't work. I personally like the design and I think it makes good power.

On a side note, you might want to look over this thread again because no where in it does Ricky say anything about the Shark nozzle being the best for the last 9 years. I find it funny that the big claim for this nozzle was done against the Shark, and then you are shocked/angry when NX "associates" start asking questions about the tests and results. It's not crying, just questioning the data. When the next new product is released, regardless of manufacturer, I can guarantee there will be lots of questions then too. That's just how this industry is.

Albert, I'm still looking forward to the next batch of tests that you guys are doing. Please hurry so we can move on to scutinizing something else,

Robert, one of these days we'll all look back on this and have a laugh.....and maybe a
Sorry, I just got my e-mail notice today that you replied. It's all good and I accept what you say.
Ask Ricky about the statement of top hp leader for 9-years. If it is not in this thread then it was in one of the challenge threads while this one was going. If you want (please don't make me), I will find it.
Oh and on the beer, I would sit down with any of you right now and have a good laugh/time, nothing personal in my book.
Robert
Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Being now that it's July 18th, and the last post was 3-28-2006...I guess the nozzle fell by the way side. Oh well, I was excited when I first heard about it, not any more.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Oh god, this is going to start some... not really, now that Nitrous Direct has joined up with NX, also, we now offer all the top nozzles, so now everyone is covered. Check the stickies for the nozzle shoot out.
Robert
Old 07-19-2006, 02:41 AM
TECH Addict

If NDirect had a shop like HSW maybe we could get some paper on the Predator...

...Nevermind

The nozzle shootout satisfied my curiousity anyway.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:12 AM
TECH Resident

LOL Beer no we dont have an in house dyno, but easily could if we wanted one. Not really worth it for what we do to be honest. There are atleast 10 of them right around us anyways. Regardless we got a kick out of the jaded tests and moved on.

Consumers can and do make their own choices every day. Whether they want CFN or NX we have them covered

But hey Beer nice to see your support.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the PM Scott

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
hahaha have you been paid off?
Here goes the conspiracy theory again...

No, I was not paid off; I am more a Master of the Obvious.

Scott I really have no beef with you, but product loyality and who I am willing to spend my money with is based on respect and trust.

I was amazed you sent this to me back in January, it just did not sit right with me:

This was an unsolicited PM from you when I gave Matt a compliment on a Billet Bracket he posted a pic of.

Once I saw I was not the only one that recieved these PM's (a few weeks ago, you know that thread that disappeared about someone from Nitrous Direct named Scott...) of you insulting and belittling your competition (where did that thread go???), it is very evidient you are more interested in a sale than conducting yourself in a professional positive manner, with the best interest of the consumer in mind.

Scott its just wrong sending unsoliticed PM's like you were doing about HSW to drum up business. Even if your kidding...After I recieved that PM, I decided to give Matt a try, and he was a great vendor, talked to him on the phone told him what I wanted and he hooked me up.

HSW disproved your theory by showing pictures of their well layed out shop and dyno, but you know, nobody has seen your shop...I am sure your aware of the rumors your being a totally drop ship outfit and you work at the house...nothing wrong with working at the house, but doesn't that make you a hyprocite with the PM's? Maybe you do have a shop, its kinda irrelevant, my point of this post is why you think I should show you support with the tactics you deploy.

Lets take a look at your some of your proactive sales efforts as the Nitrous Direct owner....
1. The above PM, appearantly not the only one of its kind...and sent to other newbies you are trying to lure in to buy from you...
2. The predator nozzle out performs yada yada...no proof, everyone gave ya a chance for the Dyno info, yet nothing (and there are 10 dyno's near you???)...the predator did not fair so well in the nozzle shoot out did it? I was interested in this for my smallblock 402 Mopar project as you know through my PM's, but not anymore...
3. Belittling the guy on the LS2 Nitrous board. I would never buy from you based on the way you treated him. Take that tone to PM's, you came off as being very unprofessional in that thread. One would think the third time you sent him something it would require his signature
4. Did you know my other ride is a 2004 Avalanche and I am a member of an Avalanche board or two also (and my user name is not Beer on those sites)??? Hmmm why is a particular AV board so anti-Nitrous Direct???

I learned something a few years back, you are either part of the problem or part of the solution...

I really think your business would increase ten fold if you layed off the drama and treated people with respect. You sure do make it hard for Robert56 and the guys that run your parts like Noyzee to want to be in your corner. You owe them big time for their loyalty, because I would not want to represent someone who practices the techniques I have seen you do over the month's (even if I recieved free products) I have been watching the dynamics here...Gotta be Hard for them to push your products when they have to do damage control and defend you and what you say.

I have no beef with you, but for the reasons I outlined above I do not trust or respect you...

Seems alot of people like my setup and because I did both wet and dry (and maybe because its a mix of and taste of something from all the vendors...well most of them anyway...), I get asked my opinion on various kit's and vendor's at least 3-4 times a week now.

You have seen my standard answer to public post; I do mention Nitrous Direct and Robert56 as someone to contact. Robert has earned my trust and respect through his passion for dry kits and offering advise to newbies like my self, it is too bad that if I send him a kit referall (I do think an NX based Pro Dry Kit would do very well), it lines your pockets more than his. I do send him referall's, anyone with a vararam I send to Robert, because of his working knowledge of the Dry/Vararam combination.

Your bad mouthing the other vendors and customers has had to have hurt you in the long run (the missing Sponsor thread you said LS1tech is only 1%-2% your overall business, if that is true the reasons should be OBVIOUS), because people are not as stupid as you seem to think, and see right through your drama.

So there apparently is a problem, so whats the solution???

Treat people with respect, and your business and will increase, guaranteed...but the best benefit would be people in turn would begin to respect you.

So go ahead and reply with "thanks for the interest Beer...our business is doing fine, Nitrous Direct does not need your input...we all know XXXX put you up to this yada yada..." "hahaha i was only kidding about HSW " and post more Drama so this thread gets deleted like the others.

But when your done typing your spin and damage control...think about what I said. You know I am right.

Last edited by Beer99C5; 07-20-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:50 AM
8 second mod

I really think your business would increase ten fold if you layed off the drama and treated people with respect. You sure do make it hard for Robert56 and the guys that run your parts like Noyzee to want to be in your corner. You owe them big time for their loyalty, because I would not want to represent someone who practices the techniques I have seen you do over the month's (even if I recieved free products) I have been watching the dynamics here...Gotta be Hard for them to push your products when they have to do damage control and defend you and what you say.

i didnt get free stuff, just deals.

i have had good servise from scott, he has followed threw with his promisis, so im ok. you cant please everyone. I own a bussines, so i know this for a fact!

ps, please leave me out of it, im a non biase guy, i have used nos, dyno tune, nx, CF ect ect, i consider dean from dyno tune a friend and a great Nitrous guy, as i feel the same way about Vinny from 860, friend and great Nitrous guy, hell Vinny was at my house the other day hanging out drinking beer, so im not sending people anyplace i dont think they should not go.
i run the CF setup, the sponsorship was good deals ect, so i took it, its not free, its accually still pretty expensive. but it was somthing worth trying, and 9.0, i think its working!
but for what its worth, id rather sit on the fence. thanks

Last edited by Noyzee; 07-20-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

Listen i personally call it as i see it.. if someone wants to post old things from 7 or so months ago, making their motives obvious then so be it. It's extremely obvious when someone gets free stuff or paid to post.. if you had been a little more subtle it might have worked,....

This doesn't get under my skin.. doesn't bother me at all.. it's really and truly amusing and entertaining.

I offered to make you a customer somehow beer, it's most likely some sort of a grudge because we wouldn't carry your switch panels.

But what you want to say, what ever you want to make it to be, and how ever low you want to stoop is fine with me. I'm a firm beliver in Karma and what goes around comes around.

I have decided not to participate in threads like these anymore, and will keep my opinions to myself as well.

There's alot that goes on behind the scenes here that most ls1tech readers wouldn't know like paid posts, free gear, drama, multiple accounts and postings by the same people, it's worse than a soap opera.

I don't recall ever posting something ILL about another company in Public attempting to hurt or slander them, you guys have taken the opposite route.. but that's fine..

enjoy your day

PS I'm really over this stuff , have way too much to do, and would rasther spend time on my business and customers than bickering like schoolgirls.. so don't expect me to reply.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:50 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
Listen i personally call it as i see it.. if someone wants to post old things from 7 or so months ago, making their motives obvious then so be it. It's extremely obvious when someone gets free stuff or paid to post.. if you had been a little more subtle it might have worked,....

This doesn't get under my skin.. doesn't bother me at all.. it's really and truly amusing and entertaining.

I offered to make you a customer somehow beer, it's most likely some sort of a grudge because we wouldn't carry your switch panels.

But what you want to say, what ever you want to make it to be, and how ever low you want to stoop is fine with me. I'm a firm beliver in Karma and what goes around comes around.

I have decided not to participate in threads like these anymore, and will keep my opinions to myself as well.

There's alot that goes on behind the scenes here that most ls1tech readers wouldn't know like paid posts, free gear, drama, multiple accounts and postings by the same people, it's worse than a soap opera.

I don't recall ever posting something ILL about another company in Public attempting to hurt or slander them, you guys have taken the opposite route.. but that's fine..

enjoy your day

PS I'm really over this stuff , have way too much to do, and would rasther spend time on my business and customers than bickering like schoolgirls.. so don't expect me to reply.
I have to agree on the pm thing. i hate when people do that! its called a personal message for a reason, its respectfull in one way that it isnt publicly hurting anyone.
i had a pm brought to the boards once, not a bad one, but it was an attemped to make me look bad. needless to say, i no longer speak to the person that did it, matter of fact he is no longer on tech, and i have run into him on the streets befor, and now he stands clear of me.
thats a low blow to attempt to make someone look bad, and in turn it looks bad on the person posting it.
i have no issue with beer, but its a shitty thing to do man. boo to you on that one