car bogging right when i spray

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 09:08 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car bogging right when i spray

well i went to the track today and im having a problem when i hit the spray

i launch and right when i hit 3 grand i go to spray and the car bogs and falls on its face for about a second or two, then it flys like a bat out of hell. i have a purge and i purged it every time i raced and the bottle pressure was at 950 so i dont know what the problem was.

when i was on the freeway i did a couple pulls, the first time i sprayed it bogged and then flew but i slowed down and did it again and it was fine.

the car feels like its getting all fuel and no n2o for a second on the initial spray.

any ideas because i have no idea
Old 09-03-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not really sure but mabe try next fuel jet down?
BTLFEDSS
Old 09-03-2006, 09:17 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

its just for a split second, i scan the o2s during my run and they look good, it never leans out and it doesnt run rich, but its hard to look at the gauge because right when i hit the spray, first gear goes bye bye after it bogs and all i see is shift light so i see it in third and fourth
Old 09-04-2006, 12:10 AM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

anybody have any ideas?
Old 09-04-2006, 01:17 AM
Restricted User

Log it if you cant look at it and tell. All guessing unless we have the info.

Bog from overly rich or overly lean. One or the other, both will cause a bog, but the tale will be in the reported AFR.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:53 AM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

well ill do a little pull tomorrow and see what the o2s read.

i scaned one run with my aeroforce gauge and i accidently didnt have it on the o2 readings. it was on knock and something else.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

I would put in on a dyno and get a A/F ratio all the way threw 4th gear.. And that will tell you whats going down.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:02 PM
12 Second Club

My car does the same thing. Check the length of you lines going from the solinoids to the nozzle. What is probably happening is that your N20 is getting to the nozzle first followed by the fuel. This is happening because your bottle pressure is at 950 or 1000 and your fuel pressure is only at like say 45 give or take. If your n2o line is shorter or the same length try getting a longer line. Ive been to lazy to do it, but this is what slowhawk has told me in the past.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:09 AM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

well im pretty sure the fuel lines and nitrous lines are the same length, its a harris speed works dual nozzle. but i dont know what could cause it
Old 09-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Restricted User

Dont worry about the line length, there have been "tests" done before concerning that and inconclusive as to AFR vs Nitrous getting there quicker. If you had a 2" N line and a 8' F line that would be different. But same length is not an issue, ppl been running them like that for decades anyway.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

maybe if you have just plain air in the feed line, maybe a purge would fix it
Old 09-05-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

Do you have a FPSS on your system?
Old 09-05-2006, 11:10 AM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hennytime
maybe if you have just plain air in the feed line, maybe a purge would fix it
i do have a purge.

i dont have a fpss yet, thats why i watch my o2s when i start pulling through the gear to see if it starts to lean out
Old 09-05-2006, 03:50 PM
FormerVendor

Do you have a window switch installed? Have you tried a different size shot? Same thing?

EDIT: Are you using a NOS bottle or the HSW one? What do they weight?

Matt

Last edited by Matt@HSW; 09-05-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:29 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

when i first put the kit on i had a 100 shot, im not sure what the bottle pressure was but it did bog. i had both the nos and hsw bottles in the car and they were both completely full. it bogs even if the n2o pressure is at 900 and it did it when it wa at about 700 too. it bogs the same each time, 100 shot, 150 shot, higher bottle and lower bottle pressure, it does the same thing.

i dont have a window switch yet, im waiting for my buddy to get one off my friend.
i have a microswitch and an arming switch.

what i do is launch the car with the arming switch off and right when i get to about 3250-3500 rpms (as long as i am hooked and going) i turn on the arming switch, and the car is already floored so it sprays, it bogs the car for a second or two, then it feels like God comes down and kicks the car because the bitch flies like hell and is fine after that through all of the gears
Old 09-05-2006, 05:00 PM
FormerVendor

Next time your at the track or you are on the dyno () try it with the arming switch on, then go WOT at 3k. Also check for a flakey connection somewhere. If you can log your O2s that would be even better. I assume stock fuel pump?

Matt

Originally Posted by JDP
when i first put the kit on i had a 100 shot, im not sure what the bottle pressure was but it did bog. i had both the nos and hsw bottles in the car and they were both completely full. it bogs even if the n2o pressure is at 900 and it did it when it wa at about 700 too. it bogs the same each time, 100 shot, 150 shot, higher bottle and lower bottle pressure, it does the same thing.

i dont have a window switch yet, im waiting for my buddy to get one off my friend.
i have a microswitch and an arming switch.

what i do is launch the car with the arming switch off and right when i get to about 3250-3500 rpms (as long as i am hooked and going) i turn on the arming switch, and the car is already floored so it sprays, it bogs the car for a second or two, then it feels like God comes down and kicks the car because the bitch flies like hell and is fine after that through all of the gears
Old 09-05-2006, 06:28 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

yes its stock fuel pump, you think it could be a loose connection? i dont know, its wet out side right now so ill have to wait untill it dries up to hit the "track"

but i cant see it being the connection because when i left the track, i went to spray it on the freeway, it bogged the first time, then i slowed down and did it the same exact way and it didnt bog.

i know hitting the arming switch isnt the best way of doing it but i figured it would be ok sice i dont have a window switch yet
Old 09-05-2006, 10:54 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

i dont see what the difference of having the arming switch on and flooring it at 3k or if the car is floored and then hit the arming switch. because each of them complete the circuit the same way.

can you shed some light on that so i know what im looking for. because im pretty lost on what it could be.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Restricted User

Does it Bog everytime? Make a run, short or not, make sure your spraying then stop and go immediately go again. Does it still bog on the second run? If NO, then you have a purge issue/ if YES then you can rule out the purge.
Could be stock fuel pump.regulator playing catch up and just making a microsecond of leanness, the NXL kit did this when it first hit the market, nothing to panic about.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:10 AM
FormerVendor

The below is what gets me, have you been getting your bottle filled by the same place? If you can log your O2 voltage along with watching your fuel pressure it would help immensely in diagnosing the issue.

BTW, what plugs and gap?

Matt

Originally Posted by JDP
when i was on the freeway i did a couple pulls, the first time i sprayed it bogged and then flew but i slowed down and did it again and it was fine.

Quick Reply: car bogging right when i spray