Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fouled plug #7 cylinder 2 times, why????

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Fouled plug #7 cylinder 2 times, why????

Hey guys I just went out yesterday and ran the bottle for the first time this season and after the first run it started popping a lot so I got home pulled the plugs and #7 was shot the ground electrode was folded over touching the center electrode so I just swapped out all the plugs and went back out did another pull and had the same out come with #7 cylinder spark plug. I have them all gapped at .036, and they are the TR-6 sparkplugs. Last season the car ran just fine on the bottle no issues, the only thing I changed was got rid of my Trueduals with X-Pipe and went to some Dynatech Mufflers right off the headers then dumped. So what is causing this problem? Any Ideas?
Old 04-29-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a couple pics of the Sparkplug.
Attached Thumbnails Fouled plug #7 cylinder 2 times, why????-sparkplugs-002.jpg   Fouled plug #7 cylinder 2 times, why????-sparkplugs-005.jpg  
Old 04-29-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I am not the plug expert around here, but you may be getting them hot ie: timing, low octane ? Your on the right track though, finding the root cause and correcting. I am sure some of the plug guys will join in as soon as they see the thread. Don't wait for this to happen:

Robert
Old 04-29-2007, 06:11 PM
8 second mod

looks like heat,
is the fuel in the tank from last season??
if so, it may be bad gas.
number 7 is the oneto go alot of the times. i have my theory why, but i wont go there. lol
Old 04-29-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noyzee
looks like heat,
is the fuel in the tank from last season??
if so, it may be bad gas.
number 7 is the oneto go alot of the times. i have my theory why, but i wont go there. lol

Nope Fresh fuel I ran a full fresh tank before I sprayed the car. Maybe I should try a full tank of 104 or something to see if it cures the problem. I know about #7 also from 2 of my buddies with 200 shots Thats why I stayed 150 and hoped for the best!!

Any other opinions?
Old 04-29-2007, 07:08 PM
12 Second Club

when was the last time (if any) you had the injectors spray pattern flowtested? #7 cyl. seems to be the one that peeps always have issues with. could br clogged or maybe just to lean for spraying. this is what I would do, flowtest all injectors and the strongest flow install it in #7 cyl. sure there are more ways to go about it but, to detailed..............

fuerzaws6
Old 04-29-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cowboysfan
when was the last time (if any) you had the injectors spray pattern flowtested? #7 cyl. seems to be the one that peeps always have issues with. could br clogged or maybe just to lean for spraying. this is what I would do, flowtest all injectors and the strongest flow install it in #7 cyl. sure there are more ways to go about it but, to detailed..............

fuerzaws6
I will have to give that a shot but the injectors only have about 2000 miles on them but maybe there is something wrong with it who knows I just don't want the engine to blow!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:08 AM
8 second mod

yhea, run some injector cleaner threw it, see if that helps, i have seen new injectors go wrong with shitty fuel cloging the screens. and when i say shitty fuel i mean right from the gas pumps not from sitting ect.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

its lean or too much timing. might be tune, injectors or gas, but its something
Old 04-30-2007, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

i thought heat would just burn the tips not bend them. i thought something had to be in the cylinder to hit the plug and bend it... could be wrong????
Old 04-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Teching In

For my Goat the #7 was burned because there was a wire that was rubbing things together, not giving it enought clearance, and when more spark was needed, it wasnt there. Youre lucky not to get detonation.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Restricted User

Do you have any pics of the plugs, both would be best and untouched of course?

Any pics of your setup, or can you tell me how the nitrous gets fuel e.g. running -4 off the factory rail at the test port?

I haven't seen a GS (grounding strap) fold over with nitrous, only times I seen that was on severly boosted engines. I would think there is a cylinder pressure issue, timing, lean, low octane....I mean really most issues are from one of them right Anyway with a nice shot of the plugs I can get you a lot closer. Unless you simply bent the GS while installing, but likelihood, of that happening twice in a row is nil.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What does your tune up consist of?
Dave
Old 05-02-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAT3
Do you have any pics of the plugs, both would be best and untouched of course?

Any pics of your setup, or can you tell me how the nitrous gets fuel e.g. running -4 off the factory rail at the test port?

I haven't seen a GS (grounding strap) fold over with nitrous, only times I seen that was on severly boosted engines. I would think there is a cylinder pressure issue, timing, lean, low octane....I mean really most issues are from one of them right Anyway with a nice shot of the plugs I can get you a lot closer. Unless you simply bent the GS while installing, but likelihood, of that happening twice in a row is nil.
I will get pics of my setup and of the other spark plus tomorrow afternoon. Thanks a lot for the help bud!!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
What does your tune up consist of?
Dave
I just had a full tune when I did the cam install and the bottle, but I will get detailed info on the tune tomorrow as far as timing, A/F, etc.

Dan
Old 05-02-2007, 11:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok good deal..
Dave

Quick Reply: Fouled plug #7 cylinder 2 times, why????