Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Solenoid Bottle Opener

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: Solenoid Bottle Opener

Just got this from Nitrous Direct. I had one on my system for several months and was having problems with it. I sent it in to Cold Fusion and they replaced mine however I'm not going to use it. I bought a mechanical opener. It is NOT a fuel or n2o activation solenoid. It is a bottle opener. It is made to stay on for long periods of time, and flow after it equalizes pressure in the line. Comes with the two fittings to hook it up.. as shown.
$75 + shipping.
Attached Thumbnails FS: Solenoid Bottle Opener-dscf4148.jpg  
Old 07-25-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

how does it open the bottle....
Old 07-25-2007, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

think of it as a remote valve.
it doesn't open the bottle. you keep the bottle open and the "opener" closed - nitrous then flows from the bottle to the opener (which is not very far if you mount the opener onto the bottle). when you open the opener, nitrous flows freely.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

ic....thanks for the explanation
Old 07-25-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why these are different from standard noids lies in a couple areas. First, we can think of them as a dual plunger, a small one that opens first and lets the bottle pressure to both sides of the noid. the reason is wear and tear, it'll work much better/longer this way. Another benifit of this style, because of the equal pressure, it takes very few amps to operate and thus able to stay on, 1.5 continuse amp draw. The only real down fall to these is the orifice size which can become a restriction, but said to handle upto a 200 shot. I have used NOS's and an industrial style, and they work fine. Going as big as I am, and being able to open bottle from drivers seat, I pulled em off. One other nice thing about these openers, leave it on and have it work through the switched ign and any time you start your car, the bottle is open, the heater is and the system is armed, you'll allways be ready and that was my motto. No more thinking, is this on or that on, or hot, so just some ideas and options.
Robert
Old 07-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Robert56 I thought about doing the ignition=on route as well until I remembered my traction control still defaults to "on" when I start the car. I just recently got the NOS opener and the switch it comes with would lead me to believe that you press the switch until the noid is open and likewise press and hold the switch the other way to close the noid. Please correct me if I am wrong because I don't want to install it with a momentary switch only to find out I should have used a rocker switch.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeMama's GTO
Robert56 I thought about doing the ignition=on route as well until I remembered my traction control still defaults to "on" when I start the car. I just recently got the NOS opener and the switch it comes with would lead me to believe that you press the switch until the noid is open and likewise press and hold the switch the other way to close the noid. Please correct me if I am wrong because I don't want to install it with a momentary switch only to find out I should have used a rocker switch.
Get a laptrax, it will automatically shut the traction control down when ever starting car, and can be over riden by the button if ya still need it for rain/snow. Correct on the NOS sw your talking about, it's a open/closed two way type sw, not a power on open/power off closed type. In other words yes you have tohit the button on that type, been ther done that.
Robert
Old 07-26-2007, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I may look into this opener more. I am sick of my remote bottle opener not opening sometimes.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:41 AM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
Get a laptrax, it will automatically shut the traction control down when ever starting car, and can be over riden by the button if ya still need it for rain/snow. Correct on the NOS sw your talking about, it's a open/closed two way type sw, not a power on open/power off closed type. In other words yes you have tohit the button on that type, been ther done that.
Robert
Thanks man, I guess I got confused when you said that it takes 1.5 Amps for the soleoind to stay open which lead me to believe that power has to be continuously supplied. Free bump for the guy selling the opener, even though I don't think you are supposed to post for sale stuff here...it looks like a really good deal as these things go for around $200 new.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Banned

Thanks. I posted it here because it would mean absolutely nothing to anyone else on this board.
Now, quit yackin about it... and buy it! I want to clear off my work bench and this is one of the things that's taking up space.