Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous illegal for street car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a ticket last year for having my bottle hooked up...the cop had to call in backup because he didnt even know the code to write me a ticket for...
Old 07-27-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i currently pay $5 a pound in VA. i can get it for $3 in NC..you dont need a complete refill station to fill bottles..just couple No. 6 lines and a valve..heat the main bottle very hot, freeze the 10 pounder and leave the valve open till you get 10lbs. in it..
Old 07-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=RsSean;9810903]
Originally Posted by CalEditor
The car I set up for a customer has run about 30 bottles through it on the street. He is paying $6 a pound. The system has been on just a few months.
This is on a 2003 Cadillac DHS. We are not to worried about the the bad guy's in the Black and White's.

I would really like to see a nitrous system on a Northstar motor. I too work at a Cadillac dealer. Never seen one before. I guess bus. is bus. I just can't see a service manager allowing that to happen, aleast not where I work.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/940197-nitrous-express-ls1-maf-kit-installed.html
Old 07-29-2008, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS2Camaro
LOL yeah that makes sense. Just waste money to have it uninstalled then reinstalled. Just because I have those cars doesnt mean I am rich. Alot of people have nice things because they dont waste it on things like uninstalling and reinstalling stuff. Instead they figure out ways around having to do that and manage the money well being able to afford Vipers and highly modified Camaros. Sorry but your logic is all wrong. BTW problem already solved without having to "waste" money. Thanks but no thanks for your advice.

oh!! look the rich guys is being a douche bag... lol just kidding. arent those HP numbers stock for a viper?? haha. why on earth would you move to an island with no race track?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ibex37
oh!! look the rich guys is being a douche bag... lol just kidding. arent those HP numbers stock for a viper?? haha. why on earth would you move to an island with no race track?
Well the offer I could not pass up, plus living in paradise makes it that much better. Hopefully they open a track soon or I may go crazy As it is I will not be shipping the Camaro out there, but the Viper will be my DD Was not trying to be an *** but was just saying there is always a way without having to give up. It is just stupid to close down the track because no track means people take it to the streets. Maybe they will get some sense and open it back up again.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

You can always hide the bottle in the spare tire area and then just have an extra 2-3foot line coming out of the carpet that leads to nowhere. Just shove the hose under the deck mat and make it look like it will hook up a bottle when installed. If they give you **** just tell them you took the bottle out of the car and only install it at the track.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cbra-klla
i currently pay $5 a pound in VA. i can get it for $3 in NC..you dont need a complete refill station to fill bottles..just couple No. 6 lines and a valve..heat the main bottle very hot, freeze the 10 pounder and leave the valve open till you get 10lbs. in it..

There was ( WAS ) a guy in Mobile AL who use to do this with a torch. He did it one time to many and killed himself and hurt other people around his shop.

Oxygen is an oxidizer which supports combustion, if it were flammable it would be listed as a flammable gas.
look under some HazMat information or the listing for the placards you see on over the road trucks
1 explosives
2 gas
3 flammable liquids
4 flammable solids
5 oxodizers
6 poisons
7 radiation
8 corrosives
9 misc

you can also download the 2008 Emergency Response Guidebook if you have any question aobut any other chemical, substance, etc..
Old 04-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1redta
There was ( WAS ) a guy in Mobile AL who use to do this with a torch. He did it one time to many and killed himself and hurt other people around his shop.

Oxygen is an oxidizer which supports combustion, if it were flammable it would be listed as a flammable gas.
look under some HazMat information or the listing for the placards you see on over the road trucks
1 explosives
2 gas
3 flammable liquids
4 flammable solids
5 oxodizers
6 poisons
7 radiation
8 corrosives
9 misc

you can also download the 2008 Emergency Response Guidebook if you have any question aobut any other chemical, substance, etc..
Right on. But I've gotta say, it would definitely make things interesting to fight a car fire if there's a 15lb N2O bottle in it. Especially if there's someone inside.

However, no hate here...I'm planning on a Dry Plate Kit for mine. Hopefully when it catches on fire there won't be anybody in it, and I won't be putting it out.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by daniel6718
anyone know about texas? i have no clue just leave it in ther hooked up al lthe time
in texas u can have it as long as the bottle is disconnected
Old 04-18-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

the trick is to use the n20 then you aint got to worry about tickets...atleast here in the country in good ol alabama.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:25 AM
TECH Addict

Hide the bottle. If the Police want to look under your hood or search your car ask them for a warrant or probable cause. If they have a warrant or probable cause the nitrous is probably the least of your worries. That's what I do in California, the CHP don't really like it but it's the law.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Teching In

the bottles are dot approved, just tell the cop to **** off the use the spray and get the hell out of there
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Teching In

No problems what-so-ever here in good ole Kentucky .
Old 04-29-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its good to know the cops out here. I was in a car show and had the bottles disconnected. Cop was next to me in a SRT Challenger and I asked the real deal on Nitrous in Hawaii. He said that first of all if you get pulled over they are not going to ask to look in the trunk or under the hood. If they do you are in more trouble than just having Nitrous. He said that as long as its not hooked up, like lines disconnected, etc then all will be good.

Quick Reply: nitrous illegal for street car?