Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW Plate, best out there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HSW Plate, best out there?

I see that it sprays in a full 360 degree pattern, which seems to be the best for atomization and not leaning out a cylinder. Do the other plates do this aswell? or is the HSW plate the only one. Cuz if so, looks like i'll be ordering one. 4 Nozzles was just a PITA
Old 09-26-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

give it a shot. im sure it will serve you well
Old 09-26-2007, 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might want to check out the plate from Nitrous Outlet for comparison purposes. They all work great.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Does it spray in a 360 degree pattern aswell?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Launching!

the HSW is priced really well. I think im going to go for that one unless someone can convince me another is better for a single stage.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

I Have The Hsw Plate. I Have Their System, And Had The Wet Single Nozzle Set-up. This Seems To Also Hit Harder Than The Nozzle Did. And It Looks Fricken Killer.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

I like mine alot. It has been fun.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

The 360* pattern can't be beat, no matter what spin the other vendors put on it. Maybe the best wet hit out there.
Robert
Old 09-27-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

I like the concept of Matts plate as well, although I am using Dave's Plate and it works great...Matt has come out with some cool stuff since I got started a couple years ago

I would wager a case of Shipyard Pumpkin Ale...that the NOS Plate, The HSW Plate, and the Nitrous Outlet Plate would be within a couple % HP of each other in a head to head test (same jetting same pressures etc). Just as in the Wet nozzle test, most nozzles were so close performance wise it was hard to say as to which is better...

Bottom line is the consumer has more choices now, so its a win-win situation
Old 09-28-2007, 12:16 AM
12 Second Club

Hmmm, yeah, but even distribution to all cylinders is NOT optimal with LSx style intakes. Carb style intakes improve cylinder distribution.

As far as limited to what you ask, 360 is better than not.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:22 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is another one of those threads where the **** will start flying again. Better duck and run now, cause the bombs will be coming.

PS: I kind of liked the quad nozzle setup. It was amusing.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Boodyrider
Hmmm, yeah, but even distribution to all cylinders is NOT optimal with LSx style intakes. Carb style intakes improve cylinder distribution.

As far as limited to what you ask, 360 is better than not.
I believe that Just because the HSW plate sprays in a 360 Deg pattern may not mean Its better than the others, but It sure looks promising that it could be though. With out doing some back to back testing with a WB on every primary, same bottle pressure, same engine, jetting, etc we can never really tell. JMHO
I have Daves plate and I'm very happy with it so far, It hits much harder than the dual nozzles I had.

Last edited by SmaknaSS; 09-28-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Veteran

IMO the spray pattern will have little to do with anything. You could easily make a case for HSW's pattern...or Daves pattern. And unless you checked via wideband or EGT in every primary...its all speculation. I dont see any advantage of one spray pattern over the other.

I bet they both work and both work great.

And as Beer said...HP will be directly related to nitrous flow. IOW they will be the same as far as power output.

So pick the one you like and go for it.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:27 AM
TECH Veteran

BTW I think ALL the plates are better than single nozzle setups.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
BTW I think ALL the plates are better than single nozzle setups.

Depends how you're tuning.... sometimes the cooling of the nozzle, directed at a specific point not quite dead on the MAF sensor, is used to tune, in which case you want a single....
Old 09-28-2007, 04:32 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Boodyrider
Depends how you're tuning.... sometimes the cooling of the nozzle, directed at a specific point not quite dead on the MAF sensor, is used to tune, in which case you want a single....

Apples to Oranges, your comparing Dry tuning to a Wet System. The plates in topic are all for wet systems.

Wet systems are easily tuned by swapping the fuel jet up or down to get the desired AFR.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:09 AM
Staging Lane

Nitrous delivery systems do what?

Deliver the product(s) right?

Just a means to emulsify nitrous and fuel (wet system) and introduce it to the air stream right?

Considering that it (nitrous) boils and turns to a gas almost immediately after hitting the high velocity intake charge I doubt it would matter much on how the spray pattern is.

The best way (only way in my opinion) to really conclusively tell the complete performance of each system is as described above. Side by side heads up tests with all parameters equalized.

But you must add one thing. EGT sensors to each exhaust port. This is going to tell you the real story behind how one plate distributes over another.

Be interesting to see how a fogger nozzle compares to a plate.

JMHO
Old 09-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Well im not gonig for the most power, but the 'safest' power. I would like my engine to last for a little while and a plate system seems much better than what i had. So i was trying to guage input on people that had them.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

I like the fact that the spray is after the Throttle body blade. Less chance for puddling around that spot.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
IMO the spray pattern will have little to do with anything. You could easily make a case for HSW's pattern...or Daves pattern. And unless you checked via wideband or EGT in every primary...its all speculation. I dont see any advantage of one spray pattern over the other.

I bet they both work and both work great.

And as Beer said...HP will be directly related to nitrous flow. IOW they will be the same as far as power output.

So pick the one you like and go for it.
Yes this is what is really needed. A motor with full EGTs. My bet is the 360* will allow a better distribution to all cylinders. Why, because of air dynamics, which cause one clyinder to run leaner (concerning spraying, and yes I know we have a lean issue per aft cylinders anywho cause of manifold design). We often see this air dynamics in affect on dry hits. It all depends on air path ie: filter, CAI style/type, total air stream lenght etc (this plays a role on certain cars concerning the nozzle(s) placement and whether it runs lean or not). What happens is the air stream can do funny things, meaning, like a jet stream it can move around and have different velocities/densities at differnt times in differnt areas. So, my speculation is because we have an exact even 360* spray pattern we will get the same distribution where ever the jet stream happens to be in the air path. Some of the plate kits claim to fame is spraying down at the front clinders, well this can create the same thing we see on dry hits, improper mix and a resulting lean condition in some cylinders (air stream somewhat bypasses the front cylinders getting all the spray, at least at times or on certain set-ups). Who's up for the plate shoot out, I have a brand new single EGT I will donate. Now I don't doubt the claim of close HP numbers, but rather a closer temp reading per cylinder with certain plate kits, and thus a safer more efficiant motor that last longer.
Robert

Edit: Even a DP will have varing EGTs, and must be tuned per cylinder to get them close. But from the testing that has been done (not by me) a dry hit before the MAF will in fact have closer EGTs than a tuned DP. My point, prob any wet hit will have variations, however, will this 360* pattern minimize the EGT flucuation and get it closer to a tuned DP, or maybe surpass it from the get go? Input?

Last edited by Robert56; 09-28-2007 at 10:26 PM.