Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The New HSW Interface Air to Fuel & Timing Controller

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't recommend extending the main harness.

Matt

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
Matt, would it be possible to elongate the wiring harness so you could stick the controller box in the glove box? I have my FJO controller in the glove box and would love to be able to stick this in there with it. It'd clean up the engine bay nicely to not have another controller box mounted in there, as my Timing Tuner (which the Interface is going to replace) is located.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Crap. I thought you'd say that. I'd imagine the signal diminshes with a longer wire.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

so as far as cons of interface, would still need a window switch right?
Old 01-08-2008, 02:19 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would think u really dont NEED a window switch by it couldnt hurt...
I'm gonna run a cheapy style MSD rpm pilled activated one to turn on and off
Old 01-08-2008, 02:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MxWickedZ28
so as far as cons of interface, would still need a window switch right?
I really wouldnt say thats a con, but no it doesnt act as a window switch.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JS
I would think u really dont NEED a window switch by it couldnt hurt...
I'm gonna run a cheapy style MSD rpm pilled activated one to turn on and off
If you have a 6 speed, you need a window switch. If you're bangin gears and miss a shift you will hit the rev limiter. That makes for a bad situation when the car is still spraying. With an auto, it's a little less necessary, but still a good piece of cheap insurance
Old 01-08-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
I wouldn't recommend extending the main harness.

Matt
how long is the harness?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:57 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to put this in here since I think it's much more relevant than the other thread.

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
If you are running a 3 wire MAF you will want the LTX/LS1 version. If the MAF is a 5 wire version you will want the LS6/LS2 version, unless it is a LS7, then you will want the LS7 version. The hardware is all the same, you'll just tell the Interface the MAF you are running, it's the wire harness that is different between the years.

Matt
What about the aftermarket 100mm mafs? I'm not sure of the wire setup on those. I checked lingenfelter's site and it said....

This MAF sensor uses a unique connector. A new connector with wires is included for hard wiring the MAF sensor into your vehicle. If you don’t want to have to rewire the connector, plug-and-play adapter harnesses are available also from LPE for most applications.

I couldn't find any info on the Halltech's. I have this picture of the TSP one. It says it has a wiring adapter harness, but I'll let you tell me.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:50 AM
10 Second Club

Default changes in altitude

I live on the coast and occationally (6+ times a year) drive up to the mountains (MAX elevation is 3500ft +/-). I'll be putting a 150 shot on my car and it'll be tuned down here. Would I be safe to spray it at (up to) 3500ft without adjusting timing and or the AFR? Or would I need to get some kind of AFR reader?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:42 AM
FormerVendor

It varies by application. Which one would you need?

Matt

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
how long is the harness?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:43 AM
FormerVendor

Responded to the other thread too:

The wire harness in the pic is a 5 pin to 3 pin MAF, along with a 2 pin IAT. I assume you would be using the adapter harness? If you are you will want the LS1 version of The Interface, as it has a 3 pin MAF harness. If you are going to re-wire your vehicle for the 5 pin MAF you can use the LS6/LS2 version of The Interface.

Matt

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I'm going to put this in here since I think it's much more relevant than the other thread.

What about the aftermarket 100mm mafs? I'm not sure of the wire setup on those. I checked lingenfelter's site and it said....

This MAF sensor uses a unique connector. A new connector with wires is included for hard wiring the MAF sensor into your vehicle. If you don’t want to have to rewire the connector, plug-and-play adapter harnesses are available also from LPE for most applications.

I couldn't find any info on the Halltech's. I have this picture of the TSP one. It says it has a wiring adapter harness, but I'll let you tell me.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:44 AM
FormerVendor

Yes you will be okay. If you have the budget for a wideband O2 system I would reccomend it, wet or dry kit it never hurts to know what the A/F is.

Matt

Originally Posted by junior28570
I live on the coast and occationally (6+ times a year) drive up to the mountains (MAX elevation is 3500ft +/-). I'll be putting a 150 shot on my car and it'll be tuned down here. Would I be safe to spray it at (up to) 3500ft without adjusting timing and or the AFR? Or would I need to get some kind of AFR reader?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

ive been very interested in Nx new kit but i have a tight budget and a hevy foot. dont we all... but the reason i like the nx kit is the ease of install and adjustments.
i want a 150 dry hit what would your ideal kit for me include? the plate? dual nozzles? of corse the interface, right?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:42 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bad6as
ive been very interested in Nx new kit but i have a tight budget and a hevy foot. dont we all... but the reason i like the nx kit is the ease of install and adjustments.
i want a 150 dry hit what would your ideal kit for me include? the plate? dual nozzles? of corse the interface, right?
The interface is the easiest and one of the safest ways of controlling your A/F ratio on a dry shot. It enables you to run a dry plate which has NEVER been done before. you can still put single or dual nozzles before the MAF or after it if you would like. for a budget oriented guy i would just go with our Sudden impact single nozzle dry kit.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=365&page=1

Great kit for the price.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

i guess i still dont understand how the interface works
Old 01-10-2008, 04:49 PM
FormerVendor

i guess i still dont understand how the interface works
its pretty simple when it comes down to it. Rather then going through your vehicles computer with tuning software to add more fuel or pull timing, the interface does it for you. there are switches inside that allow you to set the size of the shot you are running. if you jet it for a 100 shot, then you set the interface for a 100 shot and via your pcm adds more fuel. if you find yourself lean due to nozzle placement, then you simple adjust the switch a few increments to add more fuel and bring your A/F ratio back down.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

so you spray the maf, maf picks up the spary tries to send info to the coumputer, the interface picks it up, changes are made (that i set?) then the interface sends info to the coumputer to add or send less fuel and timing?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:50 PM
FormerVendor

One of the best parts about it is that it allows you to have two different tunes. you can have your car tuned to run all out NA for street use or whatever you want. Then when the nitrous is activated the interface will add the fuel and pull timing for you.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

so you programed the interface to add X amount of fuel for x amout of n20
Old 01-10-2008, 04:53 PM
FormerVendor

so you spray the maf, maf picks up the spary tries to send info to the coumputer, the interface picks it up, changes are made (that i set?) then the interface sends info to the coumputer to add or send less fuel and timing?
that would be one way of doing it. for instance say you had poor nozzle placement and as a result you were running lean, well via switches in the interface you can add more fuel. Honestly if you purchase the interface you dont even have to put the nozzle before the MAF, you can put it after and completely allow the interface to add fuel and pull timing. This product is the ONLY reason you are able to run a dry plate.

Quick Reply: The New HSW Interface Air to Fuel & Timing Controller