Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Pressure Dedicated Fuel System Build-Up

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Pressure Dedicated Fuel System Build-Up

Hello everyone,
I am new here and I have a few questions about building my own Dedicated Fuel System. I was looking around on HarrisSpeedWorks.com, NitrousOulet.com and I find that the kits they sell are very expensive. I was looking to built my own system. I noticed that nobody sell just the Fuel cell with the intank pump. I have no problem finding cell but none with intank pump capabilities. I would not mind mounting a fuel pump on the outside but I dont have to much space in my engine bay so I was searching online for a vendor that would sell me a 1 gallon or smaller cell that accepts a intank pump that I could put together myself. Reason I want to go that route is because I already have Braided lines, Fittings, Fuel regulator and a walbro 255lph Intank.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a slightly different way. an inline dedicated fuel system activated with n2o and on a ws. watch my web site for the full write up how-to. Hope to get it on there in the next couple days. it's an option for anyone adding/wanting a dedicated fuel system, and cam be cheaper also esp if you have the stuff you have and no extra tank needed.
Robert
Old 01-31-2008, 07:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We are actually the company that designed this set up.

Anyways. In order to build a unit similiar is going to add up pretty fast. We can sell you a premade tank minus pump,regulater,fittings and hoses. However unless you already have those items sitting on the shelf it will not add up to be any cheaper.
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 01-31-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:22 PM

I just recheck and I have everything except the Tank and Intank pump that isnt to expensive anyways.
What are the dimensions for the F-body Cell which is 1 gallon correct?
I would be interested in the Fuel cell and the intank fuel pump.
Let me know about the dimensions, I am going to measure my avaliable space, I may need a custom cell made.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:26 PM
FormerVendor

Our Battery relocate one is the same demisions as your battery.It holds a gallon of fuel. Your stock battery hold down clamps hold it in.
Dave
Old 01-31-2008, 09:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Gordata
I just recheck and I have everything except the Tank and Intank pump that isnt to expensive anyways.
What are the dimensions for the F-body Cell which is 1 gallon correct?
I would be interested in the Fuel cell and the intank fuel pump.
Let me know about the dimensions, I am going to measure my avaliable space, I may need a custom cell made.
no sense in purchasing a whole kit if you already have most of the parts. we can sell you the intank pump with the fuel cell. were you interested in a battery side or fuse panel side? i prefer the battery side since you end up shifting ballast to the rear of the vehicle.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:47 PM

Guys, I still need the Dimensions because this isnt for a f-Body, its going into a Honda and out of all the kits available, the F-body is the only one that looks Square, the rest have specific space for each car.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:51 PM
FormerVendor

Ill have to look tommorow. I dont remember of the top of my head. We can custom build any unit to your specific needs. We custom build units all the time.
Dave
Old 01-31-2008, 09:55 PM
FormerVendor

pm replied
Old 01-31-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

we build these all the time with rci 1 gallon fuel cell, aeromotive regulator and either holley or msd pumps depending on application. We build these for less than 400.00.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by heavy6.0
we build these all the time with rci 1 gallon fuel cell, aeromotive regulator and either holley or msd pumps depending on application. We build these for less than 400.00.
We use to use a Jaz JR dragster fuel cell with either the aeromotive street rod pump and regulater or a Holley pump and regulater. We designed the all in one units simply because they looked so much better and worked so well for both high or low fuel pressures.
Dave
Old 01-31-2008, 10:06 PM

Heavy6.0-Do you have any pictures of the kit you have put together?? My Problem is that I don't have to much space to play with and my hood clearance is killing me. I am going to relocate the battery.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:07 PM

Those Jaz Fuel cell are too tall for my application.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:10 PM
FormerVendor

Wow that is a tiny area. I dont thank our standard Battery dedicated will fiot in that area. Ofcourse we can build one that does. Do you have a full engine bay shot.. A plastic RCI or Jaz tank will be cheaper than one of our allumin built tanks. If they will work for you check out there site. They make a buch of different sizes as well.
Dave
Old 01-31-2008, 10:18 PM

I am removing the battery, My problem with most 1 gallon fuel cell is that they are too tall.
Here is a shot of the battery area.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

why is the engine facing the wrong way? no im just kidding...what setup are you running as far as nitrous goes on the little guy?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:53 AM

I am going to run a 4 Cylinder Piranha Nozzle System with anywhere from 100-150 Shot on FJO Mini Progressive Controller, Headers, 3inch Exhaust,Cold Air Intake, Stage 3 All-Motor Cams, Valve springs & Retainers, 3 angle Valve Job, Port and Polish.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:08 AM

I am shooting on making over 300hp to the wheels.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

If the last pic is your engine bay...our Battery relocate tank will fit. But there are alot of differences between the 2 pictures.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:38 AM

Well the first picture is of the battery relocated further into the engine bay by the transmission on the Frame Rail(In that picture the battery is already relocated),moving the battery from that top view you see in the second picture, So I would have about the same size of where the yellow battery is located to work with.
Here is picture from further back.

That is the ecu on the left on top of the frame rail but its not bolted down which move it closer to the top of the picture. So I should have no problem bolting in your F-body Tank but I still wanted to get the dimension to make sure.

Quick Reply: High Pressure Dedicated Fuel System Build-Up