Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help, FJO nitrous mini controller

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help, FJO nitrous mini controller

I have a strange problem with a brand new FJO controller just purchased last week. I have it wired according to this schematic http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewga...wimg&id=120876 and the ground for the solenoids never activate. The light comes on when I hit the 3000 rpm mark and the orange light comes on at WOT.

The large ground is good.

Here are my current settings...
Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

One problem I see is that you have your FJO set to only open to 50%. Solenoids IMHO should ALWAYS start at a certain percentage and ramp to 100%.
For example if your using a 100HP, shot don't try and ramp to 50% for only a 50 HP shot. I hope this makes sense.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I only have it setup that way for testing. I understand what you're saying.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:07 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You would have to have a +12v on input #2 wire on the controller for the nitrous to come on with that configuration. The input #2 wire is not even on that diagram, but it should be on the FJO manual. Click the pulldown at the top and set it to ignore, should fix your problem.

It's a little hard to understand but it works like this. "Stage 1 will.......... :insert message selected in pulldown: ....." Right now, you have "Stage 1 will activate with 12 volts" So unless you've got the arming switch also sending some juice to the input #2 wire, it's not going to work.

The input #2 wire is used to select between, or activate the second stage using the pulldown menu. I have both "stages" of mine wired together and use the that pull down bar with a switch that sends power to "Input #2". Both of my stages look identical, but one has the 1st gear lockout box selected. I use my input #2 as an on/off 1st gear lockout switch.

Also, if you uncheck the RPM box, you can test the system out with the car not running with just the key on. You can hear the solenoids clicking from inside the car. Pull your fuel pump fuse and let the car run till it dies out, then turn the bottle off. This way you won't fill up the manifold with fuel.

Last edited by TheBlurLS1; 04-20-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

You also need to change your "Type" to RPM Based instead of Time Based
Old 04-20-2008, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Okay guys, thanks for the help. I have it working now. I would call it a software glitch. The controller will not work with the final setting at anything other than 100%. Here's my new settings that will pulse my test LED successfully. Now to try some funny gas.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

What controller is that? It looks pretty nice and simple to setup.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:18 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by Red Heartbeat
Okay guys, thanks for the help. I have it working now. I would call it a software glitch. The controller will not work with the final setting at anything other than 100%. Here's my new settings that will pulse my test LED successfully. Now to try some funny gas.
Haha, it looks like my suggestion was a bit off. I forgot about the input#2 box under type, that's the one that should be set to ignore. Also, the mandatory final value set to 100% sounds like a safety feature. You don't want those solenoids fluttering the whole time down the track.

Here's the controller transam.

http://nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/pro...product_id=952

Last edited by TheBlurLS1; 04-20-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cool, got it working. Now I need to figure out this DynotuneNitrous 02 controller. I have it connected to input #2 to kill the juice under lean mix conditions. I have a FAST wideband to hook to it but no data on how to hook it in.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:34 AM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by Red Heartbeat
Cool, got it working. Now I need to figure out this DynotuneNitrous 02 controller. I have it connected to input #2 to kill the juice under lean mix conditions. I have a FAST wideband to hook to it but no data on how to hook it in.
I will show you a screenshot of how I have my wideband configured and to work with my lean shutdown when I get home. I have an LC1, but I assume the FAST is probably programmable like the LC1.

I have my ground on the control side of my nitrous relay feeding into my shutdown switch to kill the system. I have my shutdown switch set up provide a ground until a lean condition, works like a charm. This leaves my input #2 set up so I can switch between 2 different FJO configurations on a single kit.