Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 01:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Congrats on the new PB Joe. What was your previous PB?

Mike
thanks mike, my previous best was 12.9 at 110. so not the improvment i was looking for tonight but it will do for now. i think the new duals and torque arm might help me once i get them on. by the way how is your rearend coming?
Old 03-21-2010, 01:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll get there man. If you can get the 60' down to around 1.8x or so you'll really feel the difference. PIR doesn't exactly have the best track prep either lol..... especially this time of year with no real rubber down yet.

Car is coming along SLOW. I tried to work on it today but my back was telling me to **** off. Sucks because the weather has been so nice and I can't even enjoy that.

Mike
Old 03-21-2010, 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
You'll get there man. If you can get the 60' down to around 1.8x or so you'll really feel the difference. PIR doesn't exactly have the best track prep either lol..... especially this time of year with no real rubber down yet.

Car is coming along SLOW. I tried to work on it today but my back was telling me to **** off. Sucks because the weather has been so nice and I can't even enjoy that.

Mike
ya im kinda dissapointed with my 60 ft, i was really thinking i would do better but practice makes perfect. thats sucks about your back you should see a chiropractor, phil said he saw one for 100 bucks or something. well the good weather is coming to an end this week so at least there will be no nice weather to enjoy anyhow.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Joe, Mike is 100% right I have been to pir when it was a warm summer day and they prep'ed the track great and it hooked great and late last yr it was cooler w/shorter days and little to no prep and it was like it was Ice there... for example the night I speak of I ran a run of 13.1 @ 119mph.. so I know what your sayn about your numbers not adding up. so a bit more practice for you. BUT mainly you just need better conditions... just wait you'll see what we mean but hey a new pb is a new pb...
Did you check out the link I sent u?

Last edited by jsafe; 03-21-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsafe
Joe, Mike is 100% right I have been to pir when it was a warm summer day and they prep'ed the track great and it hooked great and late last yr it was cooler w/shorter days and little to no prep and it was like it was Ice there... for example the night I speak of I ran a run of 13.1 @ 119mph.. so I know what your sayn about your numbers not adding up. so a bit more practice for you. BUT mainly you just need better conditions... just wait you'll see what we mean but hey a new pb is a new pb...
Did you check out the link I sent u?
ya it was really cold lastnight. ill go again soon on a warmer day. it would be nice to go when there arent so many peeple. i checked out that n20 kit it loks like a pretty good deal. what other parts would i have to buy with it besides the window switch?
Old 03-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was there a lot of people at the track last night? I would think being early in the year there wouldn't be...all this talk of crappy track conditions is making me hold off running the car until late April early May.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Was there a lot of people at the track last night? I would think being early in the year there wouldn't be...all this talk of crappy track conditions is making me hold off running the car until late April early May.
id wait bro if you really wanna try and put a good time down i was having the same problems as slayer on friday night theres tons of people but it was chilly and the track sucked..i didnt even beat my PR from last september and that was before i had my LT's on... but im gonna wait till probably may to go again unless we get some warmer weather in april. i came back all pissed off rather than pumped btw whens our cruise anyways?
Old 03-21-2010, 02:17 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats Joe on the new PB! it was nice to meet you.

Ya there was a ton of people there, it was backed up to I5 when i got there took me a half hour to get to the ticket booth
Old 03-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Banned

That's crazy it was poppin' off so early in the season. Sometime in the next month or two we should all do another cruise/photo shoot like we did last year at my house.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

The track was full of junk *** cars all night!! I was only able to manage a 13.1 so im still just that nut hair away but wow I have never got sideways with my dr's till last night! I was gettin sideways on my 1-2 shift and still runnin ok but ya the track is definetly different then in the summer!!
Waiting isnt gonna help anybody so ya know practice is what gets ya there thats why mike can drive the **** out of his car!!!
Good job Joe!! I will probably go back in a couple of weeks and try again I dont give up

Cmon Im calling out a few people all in fun!! ls1whip,elliott94z, and ssteven come get some of the old lt1!!!!!

Here is one vid of joe and myself runnin I got sideways and chirpin 2nd so just cruised after that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1R0u6KZ9ls

Last edited by zlicious94; 03-21-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Banned

PIR usually = P.O.S. cars. Those douche bags need to park their piles at home and watch the Live Feed from PIR at home.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1
Congrats Joe on the new PB! it was nice to meet you.

Ya there was a ton of people there, it was backed up to I5 when i got there took me a half hour to get to the ticket booth
thanks tyler, it was good meeting you too. u need to get some dr's and we could both run, i think we would be about dead even.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zlicious94
The track was full of junk *** cars all night!! I was only able to manage a 13.1 so im still just that nut hair away but wow I have never got sideways with my dr's till last night! I was gettin sideways on my 1-2 shift and still runnin ok but ya the track is definetly different then in the summer!!
Waiting isnt gonna help anybody so ya know practice is what gets ya there thats why mike can drive the **** out of his car!!!
Good job Joe!! I will probably go back in a couple of weeks and try again I dont give up

Cmon Im calling out a few people all in fun!! ls1whip,elliott94z, and ssteven come get some of the old lt1!!!!!

Here is one vid of joe and myself runnin I got sideways and chirpin 2nd so just cruised after that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1R0u6KZ9ls

hahaahah ight im down i am hoping to snag a pair of dr's here in a month or so the new nittos are out too thoose look tempting..but yeah bro could i get like a 10mph roll? lol hahaha
Old 03-21-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cool well we will just all stay in touch on here and go back with a big group of fbodys maybe by mid april or so and get some good races cause im tired of racing 16 sec mazda m6's or whatever the hell that ricey **** is!!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool well we will just all stay in touch on here and go back with a big group of fbodys maybe by mid april or so and get some good races cause im tired of racing 16 sec mazda m6's or whatever the hell that ricey **** is!!
mid april would be cool. i hear you on racing all these stuipid cars, i raced a1989 cummins 4x4 lastnight wtf? i got to race a really nice 2nd gen lastnight though and a 3rd gen.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
mid april would be cool. i hear you on racing all these stuipid cars, i raced a1989 cummins 4x4 lastnight wtf? i got to race a really nice 2nd gen lastnight though and a 3rd gen.
yeah i here that..on friday it was like a civic hatch back and integra show from hillsboro...there was a sick red c6 zo6 some arab guy drove he and his buddys have this insane rat pack of fast *** cars there all from like the middle east he was trapping at 127mph he dumped his clutchto to do a burn out on one run and still had his taction control on...lol that could not have been good for his car...but yeah i raced a butt licker 91 5 ohhh mustang and a turbo civic some special edition new mustang gt convertable beat them all which isnt saying much but that at least was nice minus my personal runs..some white 4th gen firebird was out he had dr's and was running mid 13's and was like bouncing his car off the rev limiter between gears just racing like a mad man..lol
Old 03-22-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dam racing is like crack cocaine as soon as the high is done you want more
Im ready to go back this weekend lol!!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dam racing is like crack cocaine as soon as the high is done you want more
Im ready to go back this weekend lol!!
ya i need my fix lol. are you going back this weekend? im probly gonna wait a couple weeks myself. hey phil will u send me that vid today?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh no Im just talkin out my *** I will wait a couple weeks for sure! Want to take a nice cruise though soon! So Im not sure how to get that vid to your email without hosting it thru youtube,streetfire, or fquick so what should I do?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh no Im just talkin out my *** I will wait a couple weeks for sure! Want to take a nice cruise though soon! So Im not sure how to get that vid to your email without hosting it thru youtube,streetfire, or fquick so what should I do?
ya i wana cruise soon too and im on spring break so i would like to soon. well idk what u wana do about the vids. i just kinda wana see my run to see what i did right and wrong.

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?