Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus autos are a tad heavier too right?

My SS is only 3400-3450 without me in it but the scales I use aren't big interstate scales.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by welldonecj7
Is that one they built? Are they going to take care of it?
Sure is, pan was full of grit and black crap, fluid was burnt, the car actually stopped moving. Worst thing is I don't know if the replacement will be any better, I'd prefer a refund, but when I asked about it the guy dodged the question, so we'll see what they do.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by musicman
Sure is, pan was full of grit and black crap, fluid was burnt, the car actually stopped moving. Worst thing is I don't know if the replacement will be any better, I'd prefer a refund, but when I asked about it the guy dodged the question, so we'll see what they do.
That sucks man. Were both the tranny and the convertor new? If the convertor was used I'll bet they won't warranty the trans.

Mike
Old 09-22-2011, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1
Plus autos are a tad heavier too right?

My SS is only 3400-3450 without me in it but the scales I use aren't big interstate scales.
Look who decided to grace us with his presence You married yet lover boy?
Old 09-22-2011, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
Look who decided to grace us with his presence You married yet lover boy?
Ha! Not married yet lol. Just been super busy, hoping to make it to the track before the end of the season, I'd like to get a 12.5
Old 09-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Teching In

I have been on the scale at love's in troutdale and i was 3,750. And then i went on the DOT scale on 224 near damascaus and i weighed in the 3,700 with my stock 10 bolt. All those scale's are pretty much dead on.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Ha! Not married yet lol. Just been super busy, hoping to make it to the track before the end of the season, I'd like to get a 12.5
well you should come out on friday
Old 09-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
That scale is off, unless you have porked out over the last few months since I've seen you. My bird was just over 3,600 with me in it and 3/4 full tank. I don't know if that was even correct. I don't trust those weigh station scales.
What scale did you go on??
Old 09-22-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Still seems a little on the heavy side.... but
Old 09-22-2011, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SalvageZ28
well you should come out on friday
I would come but I'm leaving for Spokane tonight, gonna hangout on the lake with some friends then my girl flys home from there on Sunday. I'm gonna try and go to the track in October.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
Still seems a little on the heavy side.... but
Yeah Dot scales dont lie man.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I guess u have a fat guy living in your glove box then
Old 09-23-2011, 07:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been busy too man. I doubt I'm going to have any time to track mine this year. Def next season though. G/L with that 12.5!
Old 09-23-2011, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

This will be my next SUV!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjWwHPHxfi0&sns=em
Old 09-23-2011, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

Alright, heres the v8 stereotype as per every other group of car people i have ever seen:

V8 owners, especially us fbody guys think that we have the most amazing platform of car ever.

We assume that nay 4 or 6 cyl is slow, even if it makes 700hp+ and runs 10's

we think that anything that isnt made by our big 3 or isnt a porsche, ferarri, etc is stupid

we think that 1/4 mile racing is the only measure of how good a car is (though there are a select few who actually road race, they arent included)

we dont pay attention to trends, we have no idea what is cool in any world outside of big motor, rwd

the only reason everyone can feel confident being such a dick is because GM made our cars pretty well from the factory, however they are getting older and new tech is making advances which make it harder for us to compete. i mean jesus my SS was $32,000 new, for that money now, you can get alot better vehicle

mostly v8 people are just ignorant and arrogant because we only focus on one aspect of cars/racing and we think that it is THE standard by which to measure all things. so thus, by default everything else sucks. i would love to see some of you actually make the attempt to learn about something new and then see how much you appreciate it. because all the ignorant bashing of everything is so pointless and it makes you look bad. i guess why its confined to the forum and v8 meets, because if you tried that attitude with the rest of the world, everyone would just hate you....more.

dont get me wrong, i love my car, and the fbody thing in general, but its the majority of the ignorant ******* owners which make it hard to avoid the stereotype. when i moved to salem 3 years ago all the people who are now my friends though i was just like that, but i actually put forth the effort to learn something about hondas, nissans, Mitsubishi's and whatnot and life is much easier when you dont run around thinking that you are gods gift to the road

and for those of you who dont like me, LS1tech has the ignore feature, it works great for me try it yourself

Last edited by Fury_786; 09-23-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

I wish I could write that much..lol..
I think alot of us have an open mind about othere types of racing out there and would like to maybe try to drift or road race. It's that the people who don't want to is cause they have a passion for 1/4 mile and that's what they want to stick to. Another thing is that we talk so much on 1/4 mile stuff some of us are to deep into it to even take there car to a road course or drift event. I mean, lol, can you see a drag set up trying to drift or go down a road course lol.. I'm glad I got to meet you and see what you do cause I wanna try those things, HELL! It would be badass to go from one track to the next.. I just would like people to keep there bad thoughts to them selves sometimes. Everybody has a soft spot for there car so let them do what ever they want to it.. Just my alot of .02..lol
Old 09-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

ugh, trying to take a car like mine that is setup for cornering and run a decent drag time is impossible even just the alignment plays a huge part in the whole thing.

every car forum that is big enough has a ton of people on it that thinks x car is the best car ever made and anyone not thinking that is stupid, it's the nature of the game
Old 09-23-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fury_786
Alright, heres the v8 stereotype as per every other group of car people i have ever seen:

V8 owners, especially us fbody guys think that we have the most amazing platform of car ever.

We assume that nay 4 or 6 cyl is slow, even if it makes 700hp+ and runs 10's

we think that anything that isnt made by our big 3 or isnt a porsche, ferarri, etc is stupid

we think that 1/4 mile racing is the only measure of how good a car is (though there are a select few who actually road race, they arent included)

we dont pay attention to trends, we have no idea what is cool in any world outside of big motor, rwd

the only reason everyone can feel confident being such a dick is because GM made our cars pretty well from the factory, however they are getting older and new tech is making advances which make it harder for us to compete. i mean jesus my SS was $42,000 new, for that money now, you can get alot better vehicle

mostly v8 people are just ignorant and arrogant because we only focus on one aspect of cars/racing and we think that it is THE standard by which to measure all things. so thus, by default everything else sucks. i would love to see some of you actually make the attempt to learn about something new and then see how much you appreciate it. because all the ignorant bashing of everything is so pointless and it makes you look bad. i guess why its confined to the forum and v8 meets, because if you tried that attitude with the rest of the world, everyone would just hate you....more.

dont get me wrong, i love my car, and the fbody thing in general, but its the majority of the ignorant ******* owners which make it hard to avoid the stereotype. when i moved to salem 3 years ago all the people who are now my friends though i was just like that, but i actually put forth the effort to learn something about hondas, nissans, Mitsubishi's and whatnot and life is much easier when you dont run around thinking that you are gods gift to the road

and for those of you who dont like me, LS1tech has the ignore feature, it works great for me try it yourself
im only gonna reply to a couple things you said.
#1- 4 cylinder cars such as hondas are not cool at all. the only thing they are good for is economy. i dont care if they have 700 hp they still suck.

#2- no one here thinks the f-body platform is the best car in the world, but its the platform we are all passionate about and one we love very much. camaros and trans-ams are cool...much cooler than any honda even if it is faster.

#3- 4 cylinders are stupid

#4 why is it a bad thing not to follow trends? i have no idea where you even came up with that thought.

#5 your SS did not cost $42,000 when it was new. a camaro with an SS package only runs about $32,000 and i have the window sticker from my 2002 SS to prove it. i again have no idea where you came up with that price)

last thing most people that drive imports dont know what a fast car is...most of the people that drive rice burning hondas think they'er stock honda is fast because of the fast and the furious.

that is all
Old 09-23-2011, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
im only gonna reply to a couple things you said.
#1- 4 cylinder cars such as hondas are not cool at all. the only thing they are good for is economy. i dont care if they have 700 hp they still suck.

#2- no one here thinks the f-body platform is the best car in the world, but its the platform we are all passionate about and one we love very much. camaros and trans-ams are cool...much cooler than any honda even if it is faster.

#3- 4 cylinders are stupid

#4 why is it a bad thing not to follow trends? i have no idea where you even came up with that thought.

last thing most people that drive imports dont know what a fast car is...most of the people that drive rice burning hondas think they'er stock honda is fast because of the fast and the furious.

that is all
you just proved my point
Old 09-24-2011, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

im sorry joe but any 4 cyl or 6 cyl throwin down 700 is pretty bad ***. i love f body's but i know this isn't going to be my "nice car" forever i may keep it once i pay it off this year or sell it and go the german route.. we will see i have learned alot about cars by just being open and talking to other guys about their rides cause they are just as crazy about their cars as we are. you miss out on meeting and knowing cool stuff about cars and even tuning when you just focus on your model or brand. its like a picky eater doesnt wanna try new food but once you taste it you found something new you like. alotta imports look bad and the drivers and scene get a bad rep and alot of it is justified what about us tho there is a reason people say "oh you drive a camaro" haha "it has t tops" like its still some 80's buttrock jock car cause muscle car guys are just as cocky and ignorant as the tuners just be open to everything dont be racist lol..

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?