Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike I went to Michigan for a big family reunion. We also went to the woodward dream car cruise in Pontiac, It's a huge domestic cruise on like a 15 mile stretch of road were everyone races and does burnout's. Largest gathering of classic cars you will probably ever see and they werent all trailor queens. I am intersted in getting a cage soon but how are you going to run the harness with the factory seat? The Trans Am seats don't have adjustable headrests not sure about the camaros.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
Mike I went to Michigan for a big family reunion. We also went to the woodward dream car cruise in Pontiac, It's a huge domestic cruise on like a 15 mile stretch of road were everyone races and does burnout's. Largest gathering of classic cars you will probably ever see and they werent all trailor queens. I am intersted in getting a cage soon but how are you going to run the harness with the factory seat? The Trans Am seats don't have adjustable headrests not sure about the camaros.
I'm just going to run the harness over the top outer edges and mount the shoulder belts to the crossmember on the rollbar. The Camaro seats are tapered at the top so my shoulders stick out at the top sides. I'm going to use the factory stud locations for the lap belts. Then I'll probably fabricate a crossmember between the front seat mounts for the submarine belt.

Woodward dream cruise sounds like fun. I've heard of that cruise quite a bit over the years in magazines etc. Did you get any good pics for us?

Mike
Old 08-20-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
J/K
Old 08-20-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I only got a few, the cars were hard to take pics of because they were cruising and we were sitting.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

So did anyone make it out to PIR last night? If I can't make it to the track,,,,, I'd at least like to hear about the people who went LOL....

Mike
Old 08-22-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

I dont think anyone went But ya that should be a rule if you go to the track you must have pics and vids lol!
Old 08-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I made a few nice plays on Madden 10 last night

But I'm finaly going to paint the engine bay today, or at least put it in primer then scuff it in a few days and seal and paint it. The transmission is finished and will ship on Monday and that was the last piece of the puzzle so it's time to motivate and put in the work and git er done.

Don't have room in the garage to drop the K so its going in from the top. I dont have any working space with all this customer stuff here now so top man ( 3 stooger line) it is.

then I'll be ready for a few runs..after some tuning. Hopefully I get it done before seasons end but if so I'll meet anyone at Woodburn

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 08-22-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
I made a few nice plays on Madden 10 last night

But I'm finaly going to paint the engine bay today, or at least put it in primer then scuff it in a few days and seal and paint it. The transmission is finished and will ship on Monday and that was the last piece of the puzzle so it's time to motivate and put in the work and git er done.

Don't have room in the garage to drop the K so its going in from the top. I dont have any working space with all this customer stuff here now so top man ( 3 stooger line) it is.

then I'll be ready for a few runs..after some tuning. Hopefully I get it done before seasons end but if so I'll meet anyone at Woodburn
Woodburn? Dam you must love to drive far to race lol! Why not pir?
Old 08-22-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went last night, no pics or vids but there was a good looking teal 99 z28 A4 with exhaust, lid, 3.73, DR's and a 100 shot and he went 12.2. There were some other fast cars there, One was an Rrev supra went 8.7 and spun on the launch.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Banned

PIR is strict and not quite as friendly from my experience. Little bit looser at Woodburn, safe, but looser and less people. You can get as many runs as you want. Hot lapping is not an issue Then they all toss in like $20 for a little bracket racing before they close. Or at least at the test and tunes I was at they did and it was during the street legal Friday night drags.

And you mess up at PIR and a lot more people see it. Plus they wont let Mikey back on the track and he only went like what 11.48? 11.49 is the limit so that's kind of harsh. I can see if he ran a 11.05 or something.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

PIR is strict and not quite as friendly from my experience. Little bit looser at Woodburn, safe, but looser and less people. You can get as many runs as you want. Hot lapping is not an issue Then they all toss in like $20 for a little bracket racing before they close. Or at least at the test and tunes I was at they did and it was during the street legal Friday night drags.

And you mess up at PIR and a lot more people see it. Plus they wont let Mikey back on the track and he only went like what 11.48? 11.49 is the limit so that's kind of harsh. I can see if he ran a 11.05 or something.
Woodburn rocks! and I only live 15 mins from it! You gotta come down sometime Phil, I think you'd like it. Like Blanco said, Its not crowed and hot lapping is not a issue! lol

So, did you guys hear? my bro finally sold his Acura Inturda lol and got a 00' WS6 6 speed. We did a little friendly racing yesterday
Old 08-22-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pat-ls101
Woodburn rocks! and I only live 15 mins from it! You gotta come down sometime Phil, I think you'd like it. Like Blanco said, Its not crowed and hot lapping is not a issue! lol

So, did you guys hear? my bro finally sold his Acura Inturda lol and got a 00' WS6 6 speed. We did a little friendly racing yesterday
Oh I want to because now that u guys say that I am sick of waiting in line at pir for a ****** vw rabbit or minivan to run Pat what was the outcome of those friendly races? I always tell my friends if we dont race and film it then it never happened lol!!
Old 08-22-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

So if you run under a 11.49 at woodburn you dont need a roll cage? Cause my 396 build is gonna put me well into the low 11's and maybe high 10's but I dont dig roll cages at all!! How are these guys with 10 sec lsx builds racing all the time with no cage?? Or is it a texas rule or something lol
Old 08-22-2009, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

It was 11.43 at 124.6 mph, so almost a 1/10th of a second under the limit. But yeah, 11.50 is the cutoff for a rollbar. The mph plays a factor also. If I were only trapping at 116mph or so they might have let me slide for the night. For every 5mph increase in trap speed, the danger factor increases exponentially. <sp?> You gotta figure, by the time I'm letting off the gas pedal, I'm probably closer to 130mph. That's no joke if something happened at that speed.

Originally Posted by zlicious94
So if you run under a 11.49 at woodburn you dont need a roll cage? Cause my 396 build is gonna put me well into the low 11's and maybe high 10's but I dont dig roll cages at all!! How are these guys with 10 sec lsx builds racing all the time with no cage?? Or is it a texas rule or something lol
11.499 or faster and NHRA requires a rollbar, not a rollcage. Big difference between the two. I'm currently installing a 6 point rollbar with removable sidebars. This will make my car legal to race on any NHRA track until it gets quicker than a 10.00. At that point I'll need a rollcage (forward hoop and bars coming down through the dash) to be legal.

Rollbars aren't that bad with the removable sidebars. i'll post up some pics of mine later if you want. With the sidebars gone, you can barely see the main hoop behind the seats.

I used to prefer Woodburn, but PIR is much closer to where I live and PIR's track prep is better than it used to be in years past. The idea of something breaking on the car in Woodburn is not very appealing to me without a car trailer as a backup.

Mike
Old 08-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned

Yep the 11.49 is standard, its just if you break it they will warn you before kicking you. Respect them and they will respect you but I totally undertand about the mph factor. Its just if your going to keep it over that then I think they should cut you a break, but if your constantly flirting with it and being under I can understand the ban.
It's a matter of safety and I understand.

I also almost sponsored at Woodburn this year as well, I think I will next season though for sure. You get some tuner cars down there but no where near as many as PIR. IT is a long drive though and if something does break your hurting... unless you've got premium membership AAA then it's a free ride home.. or $25 or something cheap like that... which I have AAA is a good investment or it has been for me
Old 08-22-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh... ok thanks for clearing up the rollbar,rollcage thing for me Mike! So I guess a rollbar wouldnt be that bad I dont know why I was thinking rollcage lol. Ya tow truck bill from woodburn would hurt the wallet!
Old 08-22-2009, 05:25 PM
12 Second Club

Oh... ok thanks for clearing up the rollbar,rollcage thing for me Mike! So I guess a rollbar wouldnt be that bad I dont know why I was thinking rollcage lol. Ya tow truck bill from woodburn would hurt the wallet!
Ya but you got the sweeet hook ups in case something happens cause I got a trk and trl!!
Old 08-22-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pat-ls101
Ya but you got the sweeet hook ups in case something happens cause I got a trk and trl!!
Alrighty then 5k clutch dumps on the 10bolt it is lol!!
Old 08-22-2009, 08:10 PM
11 Second Club

Alrighty then 5k clutch dumps on the 10bolt it is lol!!
Haha,,,, good luck with that man. I have a spare 3.42 10 bolt sitting here, 200.00 and it's yours.

Mike
Old 08-22-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Haha,,,, good luck with that man. I have a spare 3.42 10 bolt sitting here, 200.00 and it's yours.

Mike
LOL ya if I did that I would be at your house with the money! No still have only lauched at 2800 maybe 3000 and its like your almost waiting for it to snap every launch especially hookin up on the dr's

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?