Titus-Will Chevrolet Parkland are crooks

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Titus-Will Chevrolet Parkland are crooks

They charged me over $50 for a ******* cabin air filter

(GM # 92234714) (Delco CF178).

I went to the dealer to get one, since mine was filthy, and they had to get it from the warehouse (no problem.)

Get there the next day, filter is sitting waiting for me with warehouse invoice on it. Dealer cost? $21.98 plan as day on the invoice.

My cost? $46.16, or $50.50 with tax. Over 100% markup and even more then GM list price if you'd believe it ($43.96).

I'm all for supporting your local dealer but it's ******* highway robbery. One bad thing after another with that damn dealership, never again.

Last edited by DietCoke; 06-08-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It isn't just them. When I lived in Idaho and had a jobber account with the local dealer, I needed to replace the spin on filter on my Allison transmission in my truck. The dealer retail on it was $36 for a little spin on oil filter, my jobber cost was $18. When I moved out here there is a local Allison dealer and they sell the exact same filter for $5 retail. Now that is mark up, most likely GM purchase at $3 or $4 and by the time it got to the end retail customer $36. You do the math.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it is a stealership!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

When I delivered parts for a gm dealer we had three prices. Cost, wholesale, retail and the ******* price (retail plus 10%). I hear you though. I buy alot of parts from a dealership my wife worked at. If I have the service manager get it for me, I get the hook up but the parts guys wont move on the prices for me. I just bought a vette power steering pulley, it was about $30. I bought the same one off gmpartsdirect for $16.00. (It was a large order so it was worth it). The only thing good the parts manager did for me was let me ship a motor there to save me a lot on shipping.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 AM
12 Second Club

I always bring a big bottle of lube before I go to the dealership.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I ask them to put some lipstick on cuz I like a kiss before I get fucked!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:48 PM
wpe
Teching In

What do you think the mark up is in Wal Mart? Or Nordstroms, how do you think they can afford to give 50% discount sales. My neighbor who owns the auto repair shop next to my shop charges those kind of mark ups on all their parts plus $110/hour labor rate. The 32oz coke you buy for 2 bux costs less than 25 cents, is that fair? Not justifying their mark ups but as a business owner, you have to make a decent profit to keep the doors open. And these days with ever increasing costs its tough.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

I look at my options before I buy from a dealership. Most places have good prices, but shipping, handling and the wait time make it not worth it. example. gmpartsdirect.com. If you spend upwards of $400 or above their usually worth it because of the added handling. Its a minimum of $12ish or 25% which ever is greater. I use my dealership a lot because when my wife worked their and after she left we got great service and prices from the service department. Look at the reality of it, if everything was made in the USA we most likely would not be albe to afford a lot given the unions and wages. I know, im a union worker.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:32 AM
wpe
Teching In

Originally Posted by mcdonald77
I look at my options before I buy from a dealership. Most places have good prices, but shipping, handling and the wait time make it not worth it. example. gmpartsdirect.com. If you spend upwards of $400 or above their usually worth it because of the added handling. Its a minimum of $12ish or 25% which ever is greater. I use my dealership a lot because when my wife worked their and after she left we got great service and prices from the service department. Look at the reality of it, if everything was made in the USA we most likely would not be albe to afford a lot given the unions and wages. I know, im a union worker.
What do you think happened to the Kimberly Clark paper mill in Everett? KC basically said enough was enough, closed the plant after years and years. Same thing happening all across the country, pulp, paper and lumber was the main stay of our economy here in the PNW. Its all but dead now, when the existing plants close down, there will be no new ones built to replace them.

I had always thought my engineering job was safe, I always thought that we would always need paper to wipe our butts with, write on the print on. I never thought I would see the day that I would be wiping my **** with foreign made **** wipe. My last jobs in PP was spent in southern Brazil, SE Asia and China, you can even buy copy paper from the plants I was involved in at the local Office Depot stores. The reason, labor costs, **** environmental BS regulations caused our big industry leaders to take their businesses else where in the world where they can make a decent profit. No wonder this country is going into the dump. Excuse the rant please....
Old 06-16-2012, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Not to get off topic but, Im a part owner of company that makes chipper knives for the saw mills. The industry did take a crap and I almost lost my job due to it. But for to say its all but dead is not true. It will take some time for it to really pick back up, hell, it's actually looking pretty good. Mills are opening back up all over the U.S and in Canada.
But for the mark up at dealerships, that's a give or take situation. Some people like it cause it's under warranty and if they have a problem they can take it right back and not worry about having to work I there car themselves.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can respect that dealerships are in business to make a profit (obviously)...but disagree with the outright price-gouging tactics. As an example....dash cover/cap for my Fbody is $347.00! We're talking about abs plastic...and it's not even the main dash. $347.00 for a 1/16 thick piece of injection molded abs is laughable. But ya know what....I HAVE to have it. You can bet that stealership cost is in the area of $100.00.

For the price I pay for the parts that I purchase from them, I'd AT LEAST like to have expedient service (something else that a dealership does not provide with the ***-raping).

Quick Reply: Titus-Will Chevrolet Parkland are crooks