Old 03-01-2005, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default saturday racing

Sat at pacific anyone?
Old 03-01-2005, 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I really have no interest until I get my converter in.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:30 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm gonna be helping Jason with his intake swap.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:44 PM
12 Second Club

It's saturday not sunday?
Old 03-01-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah I don't want to race until I install a line-lock and a shift light and get my car tuned nicely by Ellis. Probably end of March or early April will be the next time out for me..
Old 03-01-2005, 02:49 PM
12 Second Club

I may be there... hopefully I can hook up a lil better this time.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:54 PM
teh PuRpL3z

I actually don't think I'm going to be doing any pre-season racing this year... My car is going into the body shop in a few days, and after that I'll be getting it ready for the 2700 mile trek to Atlanta for the F-Body Gathering.

Can't risk screwing anything up by pounding on it.. I need it in top shape for the long haul to G9.

The next time anyone sees my Formula it's gonna be looking SWEET.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have to work plus Hubby is out of the country until late Next week playing in the sand with the spiders & other things you dont want to see in your bed in a tent.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I actually don't think I'm going to be doing any pre-season racing this year... My car is going into the body shop in a few days, and after that I'll be getting it ready for the 2700 mile trek to Atlanta for the F-Body Gathering.

Can't risk screwing anything up by pounding on it.. I need it in top shape for the long haul to G9.

The next time anyone sees my Formula it's gonna be looking SWEET.
You're gonna drive your Formy down there this year? That would be SWEET Zeke! How many cars were there last year?

Although having driven my car to Omaha, I'm not sure I'd want to go all the way to Atlanta. I'd need a trunk-load of 222s for my back. Maybe up for that distance in the GTO some day.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:17 AM
12 Second Club

I will be working on my car as usual. I hope to get it ready sometime shortly after I get back from sea the end of May begining of June.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:35 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
You're gonna drive your Formy down there this year? That would be SWEET Zeke! How many cars were there last year?

Although having driven my car to Omaha, I'm not sure I'd want to go all the way to Atlanta. I'd need a trunk-load of 222s for my back. Maybe up for that distance in the GTO some day.
Yes, I am driving the Formula to Atlanta for the gathering this year... so I've been busting my *** cleaning it and fixing stuff.. gonna get a new coat of Zaino every day for like the last 2 weeks before the show... it's gonna look like a totally different car the next time you see it.

I'm gonna do it a lot like my road trip in 2001, and set up a website that I update in semi-real time (once a day) so people can follow the trip as I go. I'm going to spend a day in Omaha and visit the places I grew up, take pics of old houses, etc... also going to spend some time in Unadilla.

Last year there was close to 350 cars, expecting more this year. Both Zed and I are driving 2500+ miles to get there.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

That sounds like a kick. I'd like to go rub elbows with that crowd. Maybe someday if I feel my car can compete on a national level. Sounds like your car is coming along nicely! But you didn't actually clean the engine bay did you?

So are you entering the show? Or is it that kind of an event? I'll bet there are some cars to die for there. You should be in contention for the long distance award Dr Evyl. I hear it pays one million, billion, kazillion.....
Old 03-02-2005, 09:18 AM
12 Second Club

Sounds like a blast.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

josh, please bring your camrea if you would, should be a good day for racing
Old 03-02-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've put in for the day off, but have no idea if I'll actually get it. Also, I need a helmet...anyone know where to get helmets in King/Pierce Counties?
Old 03-02-2005, 10:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Crisisman
I've put in for the day off, but have no idea if I'll actually get it. Also, I need a helmet...anyone know where to get helmets in King/Pierce Counties?
Look for motorcycle shops. Or if you want to spend the money, i got mine online from saferacer.com
Old 03-02-2005, 11:20 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
That sounds like a kick. I'd like to go rub elbows with that crowd. Maybe someday if I feel my car can compete on a national level. Sounds like your car is coming along nicely! But you didn't actually clean the engine bay did you?

So are you entering the show? Or is it that kind of an event? I'll bet there are some cars to die for there. You should be in contention for the long distance award Dr Evyl. I hear it pays one million, billion, kazillion.....
Yes, I am entering the show. I'm not planning on winning... but I couldn't bring myself to drive the car 2700 miles and not show it. I wouldn't be in contention for the long distance award, I'd be guaranteed it pretty much... unless someone else from up here decided that they wanted to join me on the trek. Only someone from farther west in Washington could beat me on distance.

I'm getting to the point now where I'm removing the wheels when I wash it and scrubbing out the wheel wells, cleaning out crevices with a toothbrush, etc. I spent probably 8 straight hours detailing the car on Sunday to get it prepped for the body shop. I've already taken the entire interior out of the car and scrubbed the carpetting. I took out the taillights and spent an entire evening with a bottle of plastic polish buffing all of the scratches out of them.

I haven't cleaned my engine bay yet, but it's the first thing that is going to happen once it comes back from the body shop. I figured it would make more sense to do that after it gets painted so I can clean up any overspray or whatnot that might occur when it gets fixed.

That engine compartment will be clean enough you could eat off it when I am finished, though. In fact, like I said... you would be surprised at how much better the car looks after just what I did this weekend. The next time you see it, it will look more like my Trans Am did when it was fixed up... clean up and down, blindingly shiny, and not a scratch to be found on it anywhere.

Your car could compete just fine... they break it down in class by year and model, so you would only be competing against other '99 Firebirds. You could even enter in the category for "race prepped" cars, and you'd probably do pretty well there.

I'm only competing against other '98s... and I have the advantage of having a rare car... so I'm hoping I fare well.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

For helmets got to helmetcity.com. Fast & free shipping. Ask for Kyle (the owner) and let him know Jason Plourd sent you and he'll probably hook you up. Just bought my girl a HJC helmet that was $160 at a local store for $119 shipped!!

Jason
Old 03-02-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

either that or EBAY I got my helmet there last year & only spent $60 including shipping from Oregon & its a Snell 2000
Old 03-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Yes, I am entering the show. I'm not planning on winning... but I couldn't bring myself to drive the car 2700 miles and not show it. I wouldn't be in contention for the long distance award, I'd be guaranteed it pretty much... unless someone else from up here decided that they wanted to join me on the trek. Only someone from farther west in Washington could beat me on distance.

I'm getting to the point now where I'm removing the wheels when I wash it and scrubbing out the wheel wells, cleaning out crevices with a toothbrush, etc. I spent probably 8 straight hours detailing the car on Sunday to get it prepped for the body shop. I've already taken the entire interior out of the car and scrubbed the carpetting. I took out the taillights and spent an entire evening with a bottle of plastic polish buffing all of the scratches out of them.

I haven't cleaned my engine bay yet, but it's the first thing that is going to happen once it comes back from the body shop. I figured it would make more sense to do that after it gets painted so I can clean up any overspray or whatnot that might occur when it gets fixed.

That engine compartment will be clean enough you could eat off it when I am finished, though. In fact, like I said... you would be surprised at how much better the car looks after just what I did this weekend. The next time you see it, it will look more like my Trans Am did when it was fixed up... clean up and down, blindingly shiny, and not a scratch to be found on it anywhere.

Your car could compete just fine... they break it down in class by year and model, so you would only be competing against other '99 Firebirds. You could even enter in the category for "race prepped" cars, and you'd probably do pretty well there.

I'm only competing against other '98s... and I have the advantage of having a rare car... so I'm hoping I fare well.
Since most are not racing we can change the topic a little...

So your re-painting your car? Purple? (I am sure) If I may ask what does that cost these days?

Just from talking to you at the track you are the detailer who knows his stuff!

You are going all out. I remember when we talked you were like my god I would have to basically tear everything off the car to get it in show condition etc., and look your doing it!

Right on!