TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bye bye PIR

Ok will our tracks be next????
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/orego...5969018141.xml
Old 03-13-2005, 01:41 PM
10 Second Club

So sad. How do the laws in this country ge so twisted that people are allowed to do **** like this?! Damn, we better close all the airports too.....
Old 03-13-2005, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

bastards!!! I hate people sometimes. Fine then they can hold the events on that ladies street. I will set up my lawn chairs on her front lawn.

Steven
Old 03-13-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder what this is going to do to the road racing community down there. PIR is host to the American Le Mans series in July. And those cars ARENT quiet and they run for hours on end. This article seems to be targeting drag racing but how far down is the road racing going to be on the chopping block. I hate to say it but its only a matter of time until PR goes through the same stuff.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
I wonder what this is going to do to the road racing community down there. PIR is host to the American Le Mans series in July. And those cars ARENT quiet and they run for hours on end. This article seems to be targeting drag racing but how far down is the road racing going to be on the chopping block. I hate to say it but its only a matter of time until PR goes through the same stuff.
PR has a clause in its contract that states that if it closes down for one season then IT CAN NOT be reopen.& the property must be sold for Housing. Thats why alot of us were sweating the fact of a new management coming in back in 2001 & Now we cant thank them enough. I also guess that Jason F has been at the track alot here lately & Russel *cough* ******* *cough* has been getting alot of help managing the track this year.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Veteran

PIR has been through this a number of times already - the compromise has been specific times they can run any race but I do miss the spring races that went well past 11pm...

When it first came up, the fans were there to battle the idiots that built around the track. This is how PIR has stayed where it is and been in use for so many different types of racing - kinda like "you bought it next to a track and knew it so we figure you are smart enough to know it will be noisy sometimes". The more fans stay quiet, the louder the people who build against the fence are.

You can bitch and moan all you want but if you aren't emailing your local rep then I'll have the candles lit for the pity party.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:31 PM
Launching!

what i am wondering is where will all the ricers race at low speeds? they keep closing down tracks then street racing is going to be even more out of hand. but as long as the liberals can enjoy their latte's without the sound of these horrible internal combustion engines... what next gona outlaw truckers even driving down the highway?
Old 03-13-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Unfortunately that's what happens when Democrats are in power. But l don't want to start a politics train here. Just my opinion. And just for the record, I'm not a republican either
Old 03-13-2005, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6freak
Just my opinion. And just for the record, I'm not a republican either
I am not republican or Democrap either.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So what are the liberals going to do when we start to see hybrid sports cars? They are almost here...and they will be plenty fast. Electric motors produce loads of torque. I'm guessing we'll be able to buy them at our local dealers within a decade.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PR has a clause in its contract that states that if it closes down for one season then IT CAN NOT be reopen.& the property must be sold for Housing. Thats why alot of us were sweating the fact of a new management coming in back in 2001 & Now we cant thank them enough. I also guess that Jason F has been at the track alot here lately & Russel *cough* ******* *cough* has been getting alot of help managing the track this year.
That's a hell of a clause to have in a contract... I'm surprised some spotted owl humper hasn't sabotaged the track in some way to force a season long closure.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same thing happened here in AZ. Arizona Motorsports Park was considered one of the best road courses in the US, but just for the 3 months it was open. They are still trying to open it again.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6freak
Unfortunately that's what happens when Democrats are in power. But l don't want to start a politics train here. Just my opinion. And just for the record, I'm not a republican either
WTF does this have to do with Democrats? Show me how this is the result of a Dem leadership and wouldnt be occuring if the Republicants were somehow in power in Multnomah County.

And "I dont want to start a political debate either".

And just for the record, Im not a republican either, either.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And how does this mean the track is going Bye-Bye???

The track asked for a no limit variance for drag racing (ie serious top fuel cars, etc) and didnt get it. Nowhere did it say that the current noise limits would be reduced, or otherwise enforced in ways they arent now.

I race their more frequently than... ANY of you? I have raced there with my 4" Mufflex wide open... no issues. I can race there with any big-block open header car until 10 or 11pm.

Also, I didnt see anywhere that they mentioned that the variances for the IMSA, ALMS, or whatever had not been approved.

As the only one here that races there all the time, I'm not worried.

I dont see the issue.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Regular

Visceral is right. Except he isn't the only one that races there on a regular bases. They are allowed to have 4 noise variances per year with out having to go through the noise board. They are trying to bring a NHRA Divisional race here and it would be the 5th race this season needing a variance. Besides they are appealing it to the city council. This decision was made by a community commitee. You show city council the $$$ it will bring to the city and they will change their mind more than likely. PIR is not going bye-bye
Old 03-19-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Visceral
WTF does this have to do with Democrats? Show me how this is the result of a Dem leadership and wouldnt be occuring if the Republicants were somehow in power in Multnomah County.

And "I dont want to start a political debate either".

And just for the record, Im not a republican either, either.
It WOULDN'T happen if Republicans were running the show. See, what the Republicans would do is figure out another way to drain more funds from Healthcare and Education to BUILD UP that track.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

An annual NHRA event would be great. I vote to close down one of the other events to let it in. What was real funny was the quote in the oregonian to the effect: 50 ft away from the car(noise) is damaging to peoples hearing... what the hell does this have to do with the friggin neighborhoods hundreds and thousands of feet away? Really the best thing that could happen here is for NASCAR to build a track in Scapoose. Then maybe a deal could be worked out to include a 1/4 mile strip. A national NHRA event brings money to the community in a bunch of different forms. As well as the NASCAR events... bring on the track baby, its the best thing that could happen around here.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:48 AM
TECH Veteran

If you are serious about a National event then email http://www.house.gov/inslee/ and let him know you race there, how much in fees you pay to race, how much you pay to see a race, how much you spend in gas to get there, how much you spend in the area on food for the day or weekend
and you will race up and down his street if they close PIR.!

Inslee is about the only person that will listen though CC http://www.house.gov/reichert/ since he is well aware of 'street racing' and how much he knows it is dangerous if there is no place to race with safety rules.

I'll draft one myself and shoot it off - if you are too lazy to make one up pm me and you can use it with your name on it.

The way politicans look at is this:
1 person = 50
5 people = 1,000
10 people = 5,000
there are enough members here to represent a minimum of 5,000 residents
Old 03-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GEARHED
If you are serious about a National event then email http://www.house.gov/inslee/ and let him know you race there, how much in fees you pay to race, how much you pay to see a race, how much you spend in gas to get there, how much you spend in the area on food for the day or weekend
and you will race up and down his street if they close PIR.!

Inslee is about the only person that will listen though CC http://www.house.gov/reichert/ since he is well aware of 'street racing' and how much he knows it is dangerous if there is no place to race with safety rules.

I'll draft one myself and shoot it off - if you are too lazy to make one up pm me and you can use it with your name on it.

The way politicans look at is this:
1 person = 50
5 people = 1,000
10 people = 5,000
there are enough members here to represent a minimum of 5,000 residents

draft up the letter and I'll copy it and emial it. I havent raced there yet(just got my car to where I thought it might be worht it) so I dont know what the fees are or how to articulate the letter. But I will sign and email. I'll also have a few friends around the area do the same for me. I know my friend buying an SRT-4 wants to run me so it wont be hard to get my friends to go along with it. You seem to know exactly what the letter should entale so please draft it up and leave it online here and I'll copy and email.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Banned

One question about the PNWCC. Why do you call it that name when all the club events are in the greater Seattle area? Shouldn’t it be the Seattle Metro CC. Just irked me when I saw the club, got excited and then realized all the club events are in the Seattle area. Its not really a Northwest Club as much as its a Seattle Metro. Maybe I'm wrong but when I looked at your calendar all the events are in a 40 mile or less radius of Seattle. 49th annual hot rod show and swap meet is not a PNWCC sponsored event. This isnt the only club mis-named in Seattle as well. It seems that every club in Seattle calls themselves a NW club but limits its activities to Seattle. All I'm saying is the name should reflect the true region of activity of the club. Not try and make it sound bigger than it is by encompassing states that it does not really include. Ya this is a trivial gripe but none the less an accurate one. Their SCCA site does the same thing. Its bunk if you ask me.