Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Muscle Car Show in Centralia at Classic Chevy Parts, Saturday, May 28th.. Need Info!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muscle Car Show in Centralia at Classic Chevy Parts, Saturday, May 28th.. Need Info!

Anyone have any information on this show? I few of us are going down to it and we want to know if there is a age limit on which cars can enter, since most of us have 4th Gen Camaros. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-27-2005, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

No mike there is no limit on the year Just dont expect to get anything most of the trophies go to the OLDER cars. the show starts at 10 & runs until 2pm, There will be several guys from PNWCC down there as well since He is one of our sponsors, & we helped him set this show up last year.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Was that the show at that year one parts place where you parked on the grass?
Old 05-27-2005, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeppers Todd that was the show that everyone complained about having to park in the damn uneven grass. but it was a good time.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

That was a good show. There were the best looking Nova's I had ever seen in one place. A six cyl, I believe took first in that class. Very very nice car...goes to show you big hp does not always win.

It was a blast judging. They choose volunteers in groups of 2 or 3 maybe 4 and they got to judge other cars not in your class. Our group judged the Chevelle's which is one of my favorite muscle cars.

The grass was a little bumpy. If you are lovered it could cause problems.

since most of us have 4th Gen Camaros. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Basically you were judged against all of the Camaros. Makes it tuff because most are old school folks judging. I would say if you have nothing going on to go. There were lots of 4th gen Firebirds there and it all made for good company.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I showed up at the last few mins because I had a little league game that day with mike. But this year I cant go at all.

Hey todd you doing this show? if so we are meeting up in Renton at Full Throttle Cafe' for our monthly meeting after wards
Old 05-27-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the help and we will see some of you down there on Saturday.

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
That was a good show. There were the best looking Nova's I had ever seen in one place. A six cyl, I believe took first in that class. Very very nice car...goes to show you big hp does not always win.

It was a blast judging. They choose volunteers in groups of 2 or 3 maybe 4 and they got to judge other cars not in your class. Our group judged the Chevelle's which is one of my favorite muscle cars.

The grass was a little bumpy. If you are lovered it could cause problems.

Basically you were judged against all of the Camaros. Makes it tuff because most are old school folks judging. I would say if you have nothing going on to go. There were lots of 4th gen Firebirds there and it all made for good company.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the help. I heard about that show and I heard that not to expect anything if you have a newer Camaro, but, oh well. There are about three us us coming down for it and it should be cool to see some classic muscle cars.

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
No mike there is no limit on the year Just dont expect to get anything most of the trophies go to the OLDER cars. the show starts at 10 & runs until 2pm, There will be several guys from PNWCC down there as well since He is one of our sponsors, & we helped him set this show up last year.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

I will not be able to make it, only one show this weekend and the rest of the time with the kids on the Waverunners and biking.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am not making it either. I just got home from the track & is heading off to bed have to be up at 5am to go to work in the morning.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Went to the show yesterday and it was cool. Even though it was a free show though, you get the impression that the newer musclecars (1975 and newer) are really not wanted there. It was cool to see the rides and some differetn cars that you normally don't see at some of these show though and it was worth the trip down there.

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
I am not making it either. I just got home from the track & is heading off to bed have to be up at 5am to go to work in the morning.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you see that ridiculous Chevelle on 22 inch WIRE wheels. Man I'm all for having your own taste but keep the 22's on the Escalades. I didn't make the show but I was there at the Olympia club. We were all like damn there are alot of nice cars cruising for a small town then I remembered there is a show there
Old 05-29-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrPongoSS
Went to the show yesterday and it was cool. Even though it was a free show though, you get the impression that the newer musclecars (1975 and newer) are really not wanted there. It was cool to see the rides and some differetn cars that you normally don't see at some of these show though and it was worth the trip down there.
Mike Classic Chevy parts Inc sells parts mainly for anything older then 73 But he is a pretty kewl guy. Thats why we like dealing with him.

Shows like that that are put on by places or clubs that are CLASSIC normally thats where the trophies run to. I might even make the 4th of july Fort lewis show this year with my husbands car but I dont know yet.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I didn't see that car, but I have seen a few car up here in Tacoma, like the '70 Malibu with 20's and gold spokes, the '94 Mustang GT with the most horrible green heavy metallic flake paint job (makes Maaco look like Chip Foose) that I have ever seen, and so on. Why can't they just do that to the Imports and the late '70s Cutlasses??? Why do they have to ruin a perfectly good muscle car?

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Did you see that ridiculous Chevelle on 22 inch WIRE wheels. Man I'm all for having your own taste but keep the 22's on the Escalades. I didn't make the show but I was there at the Olympia club. We were all like damn there are alot of nice cars cruising for a small town then I remembered there is a show there

Quick Reply: Muscle Car Show in Centralia at Classic Chevy Parts, Saturday, May 28th.. Need Info!