Old 05-30-2005, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default car show hardware

Anybody win anything?
Old 05-30-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm also curious as to how the show went... post up guys!
Old 05-30-2005, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a GREAT time! Great show, lots of COOL cars, good friends to hang out with. But that's a tough show, with literally hundreds of killer cars. I never expect to win anything at Colby! What's depressing is that of the 50 or so trophys that were handed out, 1 went to a 95 Chevy pickup for best interior, and 1 went to a 99 Vette for most likely to get a ticket. (they obviously do NOT know me!)

I plan to write in & suggest they have classes, so all the tophys don't go to a 56 Chevy or a 31 Bucket T. Not to say those cars aren't cooler than ours, or if there was a catagory for our cars that any of us would have won, but it would be nice to feel like we had some chance. And I feel our cars should get some respect. Some of us have done a lot to our cars. As much as many of those "older cars". But that's the game we play.

That said, here are some pics of our cars.....
Attached Thumbnails car show hardware-colby1.jpg   car show hardware-colby2.jpg   car show hardware-colby3.jpg  
Old 05-30-2005, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

And a few of the other cars.....the last 2 are of a 7 sec Chevelle!
Attached Thumbnails car show hardware-colby5.jpg   car show hardware-colby6.jpg   car show hardware-colby7.jpg   car show hardware-colby8.jpg   car show hardware-colby9.jpg  

Old 05-30-2005, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

here are the pics i took from the show and a couple from the cruise last night. Should've had the camera out more though.

Uh oh mark... missing something?

Cruisin'

These girls had a thing for mark's t/a

And doug had me take this pic just for you Rick
Old 05-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

It was a perfect day and this is always a good show to hang out at with everyone. It was nice seeing a lot of you guys showing up who did not enter your cars.

This was really cool...I met the person who raced against me, the one time I went to the track, last year lol. We talked for 40 min., he had a 67' red Chevelle. He never was back to the track like me. I swear he beat me but said he had the slip and he lost by a nose. It was one of my 13.xx runs, and we had a great time talking about it and the mods on both of our cars, it was just to cool that he recognized me (my car) and remembered our race

Lots of nice cars there as usual. I agree with Mark, it is one of the few shows that is not organized with any classes\years for cars to fall into. The sponsors who buy the trophies pick a car they like randomly (Which I do like when the operators choose). But generally that means the roadsters and 60's muscle cars are recognized.

Funny, in the second set of pics Mark took that, 63' Chevy with the purple flames and yellow body, it took 2nd place against me in the 04' Seattle Roadster show it was a very nice car (frame off restored)...thought I would brag, sorry had to do it...the car gods were looking down on me that day...was one of my proudest car moments.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

More pics...

Steve...

Doug...

Mark...

Eric...

The new person I met and can not remember his name...
Old 05-31-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

Wow! Great pictures guys. Looks like a lot of fun. I wish I could have made it. It looks like my first show will be Greenwood (6/25) this year followed by Kirkland (7/24). I might be able to squeeze one or two in August.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

My biggest moment was seeing my old T/A, getting to hear it and look her over. Danny is taking damn good care of her. Now if I could only get him to join up.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Resident

Anyone see the grey 1933 Dodge w/ Betty Boop stuff all over it? That was my dad's incase anyone did
Old 05-31-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Looks like you guys had a great time! And that's great that you got to see your old car, Eric... especially since the new owner is taking good care of it!
Old 05-31-2005, 07:45 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
1 went to a 99 Vette for most likely to get a ticket. (they obviously do NOT know me!)

That 99 Vette was the Stars n Stripes Special, not sure it is fast enough to get a ticket.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Amorget
Anyone see the grey 1933 Dodge w/ Betty Boop stuff all over it? That was my dad's incase anyone did
I did....nice car. And I would not hesitate to brag about beating that Nova Todd. That is a SWEET car. I was glad to see the 7 sec Chevelle won. NASTY CAR!
Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
That 99 Vette was the Stars n Stripes Special, not sure it is fast enough to get a ticket.
You've GOT to be kidding me!? That guy couldn't get a ticket for anything! Well, maybe littering....his Vette does look like trash with those vinyl flag decals all over it. I would have figured the black Vette Shawn has been working on (the one with the supercharged 396 with nitrous) was the most likely to offend. But I guess that's an 02/03 huh? Oh well, glad he got his usual trophy.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
See vid in sig lol that's the vette I was racing during my 13.459 run.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:52 AM
10 Second Club

Oh, and here is a link to a new car show I am going to try to attend. It's in July at the Monroe Farigrounds. They will have national mags there, and you get to drive around the track 5 times....

http://www.italianstreetrodders.com/forms.html
Old 05-31-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I would have figured the black Vette Shawn has been working on (the one with the supercharged 396 with nitrous) was the most likely to offend. But I guess that's an 02/03 huh? Oh well, glad he got his usual trophy.
That supercharged 'Vette was there, huh? And yes, it is a 2002 Z06 I believe... they should have started it up, it would have definitely offended some of those people, I'm sure.

Funny thing is, if I were to get a bowling green metallic Corvette like I want, I would probably stand a decent chance of winning something at a show as long as I kept it clean and didn't visably mod it. They seem to dig a well maintained stock car at the shows... not a heavily modifed one.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

I had a flyer put in my car and it was for Aug 20 at the Casinio...90's up class! How nice.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
I had a flyer put in my car and it was for Aug 20 at the Casinio...90's up class! How nice.
LOL Todd I get handed flyers when I am passing out flyers for the All Chevy show lol. I also get flyers in the mail & these are shows I dont even go to lol....................Oh wait thats because I am the activites Director for PNWCC lol.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
That's right, I forgot about that one. I might actually go to that one.

As for Colby & Snohomish & the like, it's just wrong for Todd & the Vette & Saleen to be there & get nothing between them. I can't decide whether I should keep going until they add a class for us, or boycott them. Yeah, it's 'only a trophy', but you sure feel proud when they call your name!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:50 AM
10 Second Club

I've been talking to one of the guys at Seattle Rodtiques about what it takes to become a sponsor for the Colby Show & award your own trophy. Sounds like it might be a good opportunity for one of the websites (LS1tech or LS2.com) or maybe a company wanting some publicity with car people (Shawn or Ellis or ____). If they'd give the trophy to a "new era car", I'd even donate.....

Anyway, this is what he said:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your comments Mark. We have 2 ways of being a sponsor, one is what we call our major sponsor and that is for $600, the other is what we call our trophy sponsor and that is $150.

The major sponsor gets to pick the car of their choice, plus their company logo will be put on the back of our t-shirts and their company name will appear on all our flyers, and they also get a few other things. The trophy sponsor is just that. Their name will be placed on a trophy and they get to pick which ever car they would like. We as a club have nothing to do with the picking.

I know that there are alot of deserving cars that get looked over, but we have nothing to say about their sellections. I too, think that sometimes cars are over looked that should be awarded trophies. Maybe next year they'll get picked?

Anybody that wishes to sponsor a trophy can do so, just by filling out a trophy sponsorship form. We like getting different types of individuals involved in the process, hopefully that will give us a more diverse selection. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Thanks again for your input.

Lonnie Meadows