Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

New addition to the family

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005 | 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

Default New addition to the family

Well after having some problems with my truck and with the employee pricing promotional, I traded off my truck. So I know longer own a LSx vehicle (still have my 95 Camaro). I now have a 2005 Duramax Silverado LT crew cab. I think I will really like this truck. You can really feel that turbo come on almost as if it shifts into another gear. I'll try to get some pics up in the next day or two.
Old 06-08-2005 | 03:41 PM
Launching!

congrats on the new truck. For some reason, I didn't think you could get the employee pricing deal on anything with a Duramax in it, or the Corvette. Guess I heard wrong.
Old 06-08-2005 | 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

gonna join the diesel truck drags???
Old 06-08-2005 | 06:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Congrats...nice job on getting in on the Employee Pricing timeline.
Old 06-08-2005 | 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome...Hope that truck works better for ya.Waiting inpatienly for them pics.
Old 06-08-2005 | 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

Congrats! That is the next addition i would like to make my self
Old 06-09-2005 | 08:52 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks everyone. I still miss my 8.1L There were no problems with the 8.1, first the heater core went south, and then the carrier bearing, and then the transfer case was starting to make some not so friendly noises.

It will see some drag time. Now to save for some mods. When I went to GM Buy Power, the employee pricing is not available on corvettes and midsize trucks (such as the Colorado and Canyon).

Here are a couple of pics, but for some reason the pics are a little blurry. Sorry about that.
Attached Thumbnails New addition to the family-pict1017.jpg   New addition to the family-pict1018.jpg   New addition to the family-pict1019.jpg  

Trending Topics

Old 06-09-2005 | 10:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
Thanks everyone. I still miss my 8.1L There were no problems with the 8.1, first the heater core went south, and then the carrier bearing, and then the transfer case was starting to make some not so friendly noises.

It will see some drag time. Now to save for some mods. When I went to GM Buy Power, the employee pricing is not available on corvettes and midsize trucks (such as the Colorado and Canyon).

Here are a couple of pics, but for some reason the pics are a little blurry. Sorry about that.
Holy That sucker is a beast!!! I Love it.
Old 06-09-2005 | 11:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Looks like an awesome truck, dude! If I could afford one like that, I'd totally go for the diesel like you did.

I'm hoping to add a truck before the end of this year... I'd like to get a 2002 or 2003 Avalanche. I've seen some out there for around $17k with decent mileage and in good condition, so that's probably the way I'll go...

And yes, I know the Avalanche is butt ugly... but I figure if its ugly enough, no one will steal it out of my driveway and I won't care if it gets dirty.
Old 06-09-2005 | 11:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Looks like an awesome truck, dude! If I could afford one like that, I'd totally go for the diesel like you did.

I'm hoping to add a truck before the end of this year... I'd like to get a 2002 or 2003 Avalanche. I've seen some out there for around $17k with decent mileage and in good condition, so that's probably the way I'll go...

And yes, I know the Avalanche is butt ugly... but I figure if its ugly enough, no one will steal it out of my driveway and I won't care if it gets dirty.
My Uncle has one and it is quite comfortable and useful.......4 of us drove from LA to Phoenix and back in it and it was a pleasant trip. No complaints.........I am sure you would like them.
Old 06-09-2005 | 11:51 AM
TECH Regular

I would actually preferred a 3/4 ton Avalanche, but I do have a fifth wheel to tow. My 2001 that I traded was actually (physically) bigger than this one. This one is pretty much the same exact thing except the diesel instead of the 8.1L and this doesn't have a lift (yet)

Quick Reply: New addition to the family