Old 05-06-2006, 01:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default When god made police officers

Screw the anti-cop mentality.

When the Lord was creating police officers, he was into his sixth
day of overtime when an Angel appeared and said,
"You're doing a lot of fiddling around on this one."
And the Lord said, "Have you read the spec on this order?
A police officer has to be able to run five miles through alleys in the dark.
Scale walls, enter homes the health inspector wouldn't touch,
and not wrinkle his uniform.
He has to be able to sit in an undercover car all day on a stakeout,
cover a homicide scene that night, canvass the neighborhood for witnesses,
and testify in court the next day.
He has to be in top physical condition at all times,
running on black coffee and half-eaten meals.
And he has to have six pairs of hands."
The Angel shook her head slowly and said "Six pairs of hands... no way."
"Its not the hands that are causing me problems." Said the Lord,
"its the three pairs of eyes an officer has to have."
"That's on the standard model?", asked the Angel.
The Lord nodded. "One pair that sees through a bulge in a pocket
before he asks, "May I see what's in there,Sir?"
(When he already knows and wishes he'd taken that accounting job.)
Another pair here in the side of his head for his partner's safety.
And another pair of eyes here in front that can
look reassuringly at a bleeding victim and say, "You'll be all right ma'am,
when he knows it isn't so."
"Lord." said the Angel, touching his sleeve,
"Rest and work on this Tomorrow."
"I Can't."said the Lord, "I already have a model that can talk a 250 pound
drunk into a patrol car without incident, and,
feed a family of five on a civil service paycheck."
The Angel circled the model of the police officer very slowly,
"Can it think?" she asked.
"You Bet" said the Lord, "It can tell you the elements in a hundred crimes;
recite Miranda warnings in its sleep, detail, investigate, search
and arrest a gang member on the street in less time that it takes five
learned judges to debate the legality of the stop...
and still keeps its sense of humor."

"This officer also has phenomenal personal control.
He can deal with crime scenes painted in Hell,
coax a confession from a child abuser,
comfort a murder victim's family, and then read in the Daily Paper how
law enforcement isn't sensitive to the rights of criminal suspects."

Finally, the Angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek of the
Police Officer. "There's a Leak."she pronounced.
"I told you that you were trying to put too much into this model."
"That's not a leak," said theLord, "It's a tear."
"What's the tear for?" asked the Angel.
"It's for bottled up emotions, for fallen comrads,
for commitment to that funny piece of cloth called
the American Flag, for Justice."

"You're a genius" said the Angel.
The Lord looked somber. "I didn't put it there." he said.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks man, I had seen that before but it is always nice to not be the brunt of (sometimes well deserved) verbal abuse.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

I actually have a lot of respect for cops. It's just the ones with personal vendettas against younger guys that I get pissed off at.

My age group (early 20's) catches a lot of flak (as do the officers). Maybe this is a common ground we can stand on?
Old 05-06-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Veteran

I think the term "personal vendetta" might be stretching things a bit much, but yeah, there are cops out there who have no patience for kids........my pet peeve was white trash........just depends on each individual. But you gotta remember, you live in Edmonds, a higher rent area (not cheap to live) that is NOT primarily populated by kids, so it would seem like the cops there have a thing against younger folks since y'all will be the ones breaking the law more often........not gonna see grandma & grandpa doing smoky burnouts near the fountain anytime soon.

Edmonds is also a fairly low crime area (overall) so there will be more emphasis on traffic stops then a lot of other things as you don't see a lot of rapists & murderers running around the streets of downtown Edmonds these days.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

Ya know i've been pulled over in edmonds a lot less with the WS6 now... hmmm lol

and the fountain is for practicing drifting around not burnouts lol
Old 05-06-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rookiels1
Ya know i've been pulled over in edmonds a lot less with the WS6 now... hmmm lol

and the fountain is for practicing drifting around not burnouts lol
That surprises me considering how much louder that beast is then your old NBM TA.....and I thought the fountain was for half-assed suicide attempts?

And it ain't cuz they know my car, I am rarely ever IN Edmonds.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Like I said, I have nothing against cops. It's just that I was actually pulled over for 'looking suspicious' one time when I wasn't doing a THING. 25MPH in a 25 zone, seat-belt on, middle of the day, Dad in the passenger's seat. Black car with a black top (back when I was driving the IROC) and they assume it's trouble? Bah.

I've just had a number of bad experiences with police officers stopping me for NO reason (and I mean LITERALLY no reason) to harrass me. . . saying they were following me when I was speeding (I was going 62MPH on the freeway for about half an hour, but apparently he saw me going 70?) etc. I've also met a number of GREAT police officers, some of whom are good friends of mine.

It's unfortunate that there are a few bad cops out there giving a bad name to an otherwise good establishment. . . although I did laugh cuz one time I was stopped and the officer just wanted to tell me nice IROC that was about the funniest thing EVER! :p
Old 05-06-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dafriezez28
Like I said, I have nothing against cops. It's just that I was actually pulled over for 'looking suspicious' one time when I wasn't doing a THING. 25MPH in a 25 zone, seat-belt on, middle of the day, Dad in the passenger's seat. Black car with a black top (back when I was driving the IROC) and they assume it's trouble? Bah.
Wasn't there but I can't tell you the number of times we would get a "general" description of a car/person/etc in an area that was wanted for something and we would stop literally dozens of cars looking for the right one. So "looking suspicious" could mean a lot of things. :shrug:
I've just had a number of bad experiences with police officers stopping me for NO reason (and I mean LITERALLY no reason) to harrass me. . . saying they were following me when I was speeding (I was going 62MPH on the freeway for about half an hour, but apparently he saw me going 70?) etc. I've also met a number of GREAT police officers, some of whom are good friends of mine.

It's unfortunate that there are a few bad cops out there giving a bad name to an otherwise good establishment. . . although I did laugh cuz one time I was stopped and the officer just wanted to tell me nice IROC that was about the funniest thing EVER! :p
Of all those times you were "harassed" was your car 100% legal? No lights out, had a front plate, exhaust was stock, etc etc etc? I could find a legal reason to stop just about ANY car out there, pretty much right after it drove off the new car lot if I tried hard enough. And this time you were doing 62 for 30 minutes, was the officer following you the entire 30 minutes? And have you ever had your speedometer professionaly calibrated? Over time (and even new from the factory) they can be way off. We had our patrol cars calibrated every 6 months and it was spooky to see how far off some of them were, even the newer ones. Which is why they were calibrated regularly.

Not trying to fight or argue, I met ya at Hooters a couple weeks ago & u seem like a nice guy, just trying to point out that for every story, there are 2 sides and you may have NOOOOO idea what the other side is. And there will be times when you get stopped "just because" (according to many young people)
Old 05-06-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dafriezez28

Dude, coming from a 22 year old that's been driving a red "sports car" since I was 16 I've heard every reason in the book for why they're pulling me over. I've had breathalyzers when I was 100% sober, I've had off duty cops call up on duty cops saying I was "suspicious". It's all part of the territory. I've gotten off a lot but it seems like I've gotten harrassed a lot. I don't like it but regardless of how badly they're doing it, they are at least doing their job. For every 10 of me that's 90% innocent that they'll pull over I'm sure they'll get at least one that's loaded to the belt with drugs/alky and driving without proper tags/paperwork.

I hate it, but it's a neccesary evil. Besides, when I was 16 I did deserve to get yanked and ticketed with all the stupid crap I did.

I'm sure the "IANSANE" license plate doesn't help.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

Cops are people too just like us. Some of us are Cocky, some are not...And with all the crime that goes on now-a-days, can you really blame them for bieng suspicious of certain cars or young drivers?

I give them a BIG for doing a job the rest of us don't want to do..
Old 05-06-2006, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by iansane
Dude, coming from a 22 year old that's been driving a red "sports car" since I was 16 I've heard every reason in the book for why they're pulling me over. I've had breathalyzers when I was 100% sober, I've had off duty cops call up on duty cops saying I was "suspicious". It's all part of the territory. I've gotten off a lot but it seems like I've gotten harrassed a lot. I don't like it but regardless of how badly they're doing it, they are at least doing their job. For every 10 of me that's 90% innocent that they'll pull over I'm sure they'll get at least one that's loaded to the belt with drugs/alky and driving without proper tags/paperwork.

I hate it, but it's a neccesary evil. Besides, when I was 16 I did deserve to get yanked and ticketed with all the stupid crap I did.

I'm sure the "IANSANE" license plate doesn't help.
I hear ya. . . and I guess I just feel like I am sometimes unfairly victimized because of my age-group. For example, the police officer who gave me a ticket for driving too fast to avoid collision without investigating the road-debris that caused me to spin out. . .

Like I said, nothing against police-officers. Most do a great job and I respect them a LOT . It's just that most of the times I HAVE been stopped, my car WAS 100% legal (spent a LOT of money getting it that way ) and it seems like there have been a few police officers who just enjoy getting me scared--It's like 99.9 % of cops are just good guys out to keep people safe, and then the .1% are ex high-school bullys who no longer have anyone to bully. They go into law-enforcement to take out their sick, wacked-out power trip fantasies on people.

I guess there can always be reasons to pull people over, and there have been a few times when I haven't had a front plate on, or I was goofing off, or whatever. . . but there have been quite a few times where I just get stopped to be stopped.

This is a moot point, anyway. . . I'm not trying to bag on law enforcement because I have nothing but the utmost respect for the force and for the people who work hard to protect us day-to-day. I know that a lot of the time, police have their reasons for their stops. I'm in no way trying to discount the job that these brave men and women do. I was just making an observation that there are some police officers who really don't desserve to wear the badge or claim the title, and I've run into a few of them.

My point is more that it's unfortunate that a few bad ones give a bad name to a wonderful group of men and women who serve and protect people who normally have no appreciation for them.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
Cops are people too just like us. Some of us are Cocky, some are not...And with all the crime that goes on now-a-days, can you really blame them for bieng suspicious of certain cars or young drivers?

I give them a BIG for doing a job the rest of us don't want to do..
Agreed.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rottluver
and I thought the fountain was for half-assed suicide attempts?
lol that too... I mean **** if I was gonna do somethin like that it'd be straight down main right off the ferry dock... hmmm taking down hill approach and lenght of straight... you could get a damn good launch off that thing save for the railroad tracks just before it lol.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rookiels1
lol that too... I mean **** if I was gonna do somethin like that it'd be straight down main right off the ferry dock... hmmm taking down hill approach and lenght of straight... you could get a damn good launch off that thing save for the railroad tracks just before it lol.
AWESOME!

That's where my first two cars went. . . :p
Old 05-07-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks for posting that, Josh.

Its a good reminder that when the **** hits the fan you can dial three numbers (only confusing to polacks because there is no "11" on the phone) and get the help no one else would do.

With the husband being deployed and off drilling for a month or more at least twice a year when the kids decide to venture onto our property in the middle of the night, they are *the* only ones to help me figure out if there is any reason to be loading up mah lil' 6 shooter. They are the only things that stand between me and a possible prison sentence over the years.

As for getting pulled over in the cars - yeah, at any age I've been pulled over so many times I lost count the first few years having the Z28. Everything legal. Just to check my license and registration. Never got a ticket, they were curious mostly and more surprised to see it wasn't a guy nor owned by a guy (car or metaphoric). They have been pretty chatty once they run my license to see it come up squeeky clean and so what? they like the car and not being blonde and pretty kinda makes it speshul

Its not to say I haven't come across some real hyper jerks in a uniform that wouldn't be fit to do mall security but they typically end up falling to the back of the pack pretty quickly. At least there is that to count on...