Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

BBQ For Sun 11th, called off (unless someone else?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 07:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BBQ For Sun 11th, called off (unless someone else?)

Guess if I'm going to do something might as well go all the way...

Eating my morning OATMEAL, something a little crunchy, hmmm, probably part of a husk, another crunchy, spit out, go to brush teeth and notice *2* teeth are missing half each.
wooo, fun fun
Calling my dentist in about an hour (so he won't kill me), hoping he is in town to do the work today but its going to leave me really sore and swollen - can't use novacaine. Just gotta tough it out. Either way I'll need to see a dentist and get it done before the other halves break off which would be even worse.

OATMEAL?! sheesh

If anyone else wants to host it feel free though the weather went from "sunny this weekend" to now "possible thunder storms Sunday". Post up if you want to do this, otherwise we'll stick to the 25th when the weather is nicer.

Hopping mad - Amy
Old 06-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

oh ****, that sucks Amy. why no novacaine?

if this happened 10 years ago i'd have a bunch of the other 'caine to numb those teeth up.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Veteran

HOLY **** Amy, are you ok? (Obviously not) but I am SOOOOOOO sorry to hear about this. If there is anything I can do, leave me a TEXT msg on my cell phone cuz I never listen to voice mail with the stalker on the loose........let me know what I can do PLEASE!!!!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Oh wow, that's terrible .. I send my condolences to your teeth and you !
Guess I won't eat anymore oatmeal, gonna show this to my wife as proof eating oatmeal is Evil .
I will say a small prayer for you that this all works out easily and as painlessly as possible.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

i thought current dentistry used Lidocaine?
Old 06-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate dental pain. You have my deepest sympathy and empathy.
They do have other forms of pain killing, hopefully you can use one of those. I'm cringing just thinking about it. Very best of luck to you.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry about the teeth, Amy. Get that taken care of and MAKE them give you something you can have ... like demeral, nitrous oxide, etc. (j/k).

We could have it here IF someone (GEARHED) had helped me clean this place up a bit when we had planned (not naming any names GEARHED) .
Old 06-10-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by howierd42
Sorry about the teeth, Amy. Get that taken care of and MAKE them give you something you can have ... like demeral, nitrous oxide, etc. (j/k).

We could have it here IF someone (GEARHED) had helped me clean this place up a bit when we had planned (not naming any names GEARHED) .
You need a ****** maid to clean your place or you just too lazy (like me) to do it yourself?
Old 06-10-2006, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

It's moments like this that make me wish I had snuck that bottle of Dillotid (sp?) out of the hospital when I had my pancreatic attack ( they left one on the sideboard for 2 hrs ( a refill)... my honesty got the better of me I bet it would be in beeg Demand now
Old 06-10-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rottluver
You need a ****** maid to clean your place or you just too lazy (like me) to do it yourself?
I am still doing clean up from my mom's estate so yes, I need all the help I can get with it. But once it is ready it will make for the killer partying and gathering spot.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

well sorry to hear that amy!!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 02:00 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GEARHED

If anyone else wants to host it feel free though the weather went from "sunny this weekend" to now "possible thunder storms Sunday". Post up if you want to do this, otherwise we'll stick to the 25th when the weather is nicer.

Hopping mad - Amy
Hey, my wife's out of town - Let's party here!

Let's make it early, like 11:00, because I made plans to see Cars again (yes it's that good - no, great) with my daughter at 4:00.

PM me if you need directions. I have burgers. Just need buns and the rest...

Last edited by NWDragRacer; 06-11-2006 at 02:56 AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks ya'll but I feel bad for bailing like this. You have to know tomorrow will probably be sunny all day because I had to deal with... cooked OATMEAL

I am sore as a ricer getting pwned but we can't finish the crowns until next week. Round two, I'll need both teeth crowned. I can't even pay attention let alone pay the bill.

Rokko - heh, *everyone* had some very numbing times a decade ago. Some were so good they can't remember them

Rott - I don't do text. Never did upgrade my phone. Hells bells, if I ever come close to the maximum mintues per month it would be Ubu sneaking it away to call "1-966-Doggy Style"

T-TopToy - I am *not* taking the blame for that one! Tell your wife pancakes are just as bad, but you'll still take the whip cream

Nathan - Allergic to the 'cain' family (epinephrine) of which most all the drugs mentioned can have the same effect. Novacaine, Lidocane, Marcaine...bad drugs! bad drugs!

99whiteSS - I'm still awake because Ibuprofen just doesn't do much but thanks for the thoughts.
drills. smell of burnt tooth dust. got bleach?

Howeird: My stoopid allergic to everything crap sucks
We'll get the rest of the pink stuff - its just going to be interesting to word a garage sale as "Everything/Anything Pink Goes" I still need to get those left-to-me pink chairs in it too. Gonna have to make money to pay for eating OATMEAL

B-RAD - we'll get you to a BBQ yet! The next one will be the 25th. I'll lay off the oatmeal before then

Oh. It got better as the day went on....cat was finally diagnosed. She has lupus and isn't going to be around much longer Just been trying to make her comfortable, she's getting weaker by the day.
I hate this part, never gets easier.

Went to pull the T/A out of the garage and wash it for distraction. These stupid lights won't go off:
Brake! (its not on, I rarely use the e-brake at all)
TCS off (it is but won't go on)
ABS inop (wtf?)
No ses, just those. No problem taking it for a short drive as far as handling but something is twitchy now with that. No rats, I checked.
ppppppfffffffffftttttttttt
Too tired, too beat and too broke to care right now but anyone got any ideas all three at once lit up? The TCS does feel loose/mushy, like it may not be getting full connection. Dammit! I really need the interior from Don's car.

Ah well, tomorrow is another day and seems like a lot of folks got some good runs in at PR. There is always that to look forward to!
Old 06-11-2006, 03:15 AM
TECH Veteran

EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

PARTY AT DON'S!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 03:29 AM
10 Second Club

EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

PARTY AT DON'S!!!

Oh, BTW - I have stogies - ROMEO Y JULIETA Cedro Delux #2s
Old 06-11-2006, 05:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey how do i get there don??? i live on 128th. i will be there at 11 as long as i'm not hungover. cause it's 3:57a.m. now and i'm just getting home.

Brad
Old 06-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Holy smokes, are we doing this?
Old 06-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks ya'll but I feel bad for bailing like this. You have to know tomorrow will probably be sunny all day because I had to deal with... cooked OATMEAL

I am sore as a ricer getting pwned but we can't finish the crowns until next week. Round two, I'll need both teeth crowned. I can't even pay attention let alone pay the bill.

Rokko - heh, *everyone* had some very numbing times a decade ago. Some were so good they can't remember them

Damn Amy, when it rains it pours eh? Gotta put an animal down now. Cripes, that's the hardest damn thing to do in the world for me. I'm sure it is for you too. I've had Elkhounds that my folks got when I was born and my senior year in HS is when we had to put em down. I can't imagine a life without dogs. My folks never go under having 6 dogs at any point in time, My Mom is Mother Nature, hands down. Anyway, enough babble, yadda yadda yadda.

When you're feeling better let us know, we'll have the get together and a wake for the kitty.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
Oh, BTW - I have stogies - ROMEO Y JULIETA Cedro Delux #2s
1:30am!! whatchu doing up that late?

Oh yeah, you went to the track last night. How'd it go??
Old 06-11-2006, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rokko
1:30am!! whatchu doing up that late?

Oh yeah, you went to the track last night. How'd it go??
I got tree'e in the third round.

Quick Reply: BBQ For Sun 11th, called off (unless someone else?)