Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Here Chebby Chebby

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racehead
As opposed to posting a C5 article from say ... a Ford mag ? The car either ran the time or it didn't, I'm not sure what being biased has to do with it ? Do you think that the 11.97 is just an "opinion" ? Or is it an undeniable "fact" that was witnessed that day by everyone who happened to be there ? If it had been written about by an unbiased Ford lover would it then have been only a 12.02 or something ?

Sure we can ! Can we go with a stock Cobra running an 11 as an "impossibility" even with god at the wheel ?!

Are we done here ?

Do you drive a Honda ?

OK now I know you've got a honda in that stable somewhere ? As long as that 18K includes moving the engine back to where the driver sits to help out the extreme nose heavy condition that Cobra's suffer from, and replace that crappy stock IRS that Cobra's have with something a little better .... like from a C5, and also you'll need to drop about 700 lbs from the total weight of that pig !

It's been fun !

Racehead, welcome and thanks for clueless comments.

Let me respond to your post.

1. Yes it matters a lot, they are clearly loyal and could have zip tied it or whatever you guys call the STOCK mods...

2. I agree, I don't see a COBRA running 11's stock.

3. Are you done here, only if you wanna..

4. I don't drive a honda, I ride one. There is a difference.

5. No need to move the Mighty modular, and we will just make more HP to compensate for the 700 pounds, deal with it.

6. It's been fun, absolutely, and will continue to be.

7. Now answer my damn question..with a simple yes or no if you are capable of that.

Do you or do you not think that with 18K leftover at my disposal I can make my COBRA run circles around a STOCK c5 z, both on a road course and the 1/4?

Remember, a simple yes or no is all that is required here.

And I am sure others will jump in as well.

Also, would you please share with me what you are rolling in? Because clearly you are a very very jealous individual.

Ken

and yes, we are still having fun
Old 03-07-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kens03cobra
Do you or do you not think that with 18K leftover at my disposal I can make my COBRA run circles around a STOCK c5 z, both on a road course and the 1/4?

And I am sure others will jump in as well.

Also, would you please share with me what you are rolling in? Because clearly you are a very very jealous individual.

Ken

Yeah, Racehead knows nothing about racing, especially not road racing, good fight to pick

*cough* http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...amaro_feature/

You can add as much power as you want, but it won't let you go through a corner any faster.

And that "If I spent $18k on my car it would be faster than a Corvette" argument is the most ricer thing you have ever said on this site thus far. Of ******* course you could, but it will still be a lard *** Cobra! You could buy a 1989 Civic CRX and dump $51k into it, and it would run all sorts of circles around the Corvette, but it's still a POS Honda! Actually, you could buy a 1989 Civic CRX and dump just $18k into it, and it would run circles around a bone stock vette, but wtf, why would you?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Exactly my point poik,

First off, not starting/picking fights...as much as you want to think that.

Ricer comment, get real...

We are not talking civics here

why are you all bent out of shape over 600 lbs?

Sure, you could dump 51k in a yugo and beat a lot of things, thats not my point.

When comparing a 52K car to a 34K car I am stating it is very very ******* close, and in no way worth 18K for the diff.

Now, putting 18K in a COBRA is diff than putting 51K in a civic, I agree with you on that.

No **** more power does not make it corner better, good call ACE.

Being I only need about $500 in HP mods to spank the vette, that leaves me 17.5K to tweak the suspension.. I think that would be enough, how bout YOU??

With that said, I could easily take one on the curves or the 1/4. Understand?

Thank you for atleast answering my question with a YES! Your a good man.

We are just having fun here, no need to be rude and get your g-string wadded up

So, bottom line is this last discussion between Robert and I was based around stock c5 and that a stock COBRA is close to the same performance.

I simply noted there is an 18K diff in the stickers, to me the c5 does not out perform the TERMINATOR to warrant 18K.

Seriously, we are just poking each other and having fun, don't take it personnal. I have agreed with you folks on the facts and I have not said anything that is not true.

Love you guys,

Ken
Old 03-07-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

And also, I think that if it were between your Cobra with $18k in mods and you driving, and Bill driving a stock Z06, I think he would still kick your *** around a road course.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Poik
And also, I think that if it were between your Cobra with $18k in mods and you driving, and Bill driving a stock Z06, I think he would still kick your *** around a road course.

I think not, but you entitled to your own opinion.

OH, POIK, what is the link for?

To show me that the slim racing gm machine weighs in at 3750?

And you call my car a lard ***

Ken
Old 03-07-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'd be better off spending 500.00 for a driving school. And 18K would be scratching the surface to get a car prepped for road course duty. I dont think you realize how nimble the Z06 actually is. Couple that with 405hp and a driver that has his head screwed on straight and you'll have a hard time keeping up even with 18K sunk into a Cobra.

I agree with Poik, saying a heavily modded cobra could run circles around a stock C5 is a ricer arguement.

Its common knowlege that a Stock C5 can run into the 11's. It may not go deep into the 11's but a 11.99 is still an 11 second pass. The right environmental conditions, the right driver (biggest part of the equation), proper track prep and it will happen.

Its was like when the Camaros were trying to get into the 12's bone stock. My car bone stock went 13.01 @109 and a 1.98 '60. Could it have gone faster, yes but not much. Could it have gone into the 12's, yes, but not with me behind the wheel, the '60 still had some breathing room.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ken
You ever built an ORR car? You wouldnt believe how heavy they are with everything that you need in them to run at speeds north of 160mph.

Richard Hilles 218mph 95 Z28 breaks the scales at 4200lbs and can still run a corner north of 200mph.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
Sounds good, we should do a ls1tech bike day and get everyone out there?
Robert
That would be something worth mentioning later in the year when the weather gets nice.

Eric, is that a GSXR 1K in your pic you posted? Cody on here (Rockin C Racing) has a stretched wheelbase 05' Gixxer 1K that he runs at the track regularly. It's umm,,,,, slow.

Mike
Old 03-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
You'd be better off spending 500.00 for a driving school. And 18K would be scratching the surface to get a car prepped for road course duty. I dont think you realize how nimble the Z06 actually is. Couple that with 405hp and a driver that has his head screwed on straight and you'll have a hard time keeping up even with 18K sunk into a Cobra.

I agree with Poik, saying a heavily modded cobra could run circles around a stock C5 is a ricer arguement.

Its common knowlege that a Stock C5 can run into the 11's. It may not go deep into the 11's but a 11.99 is still an 11 second pass. The right environmental conditions, the right driver (biggest part of the equation), proper track prep and it will happen.

Its was like when the Camaros were trying to get into the 12's bone stock. My car bone stock went 13.01 @109 and a 1.98 '60. Could it have gone faster, yes but not much. Could it have gone into the 12's, yes, but not with me behind the wheel, the '60 still had some breathing room.

Nata, you made some valid points.

School is already scheduled, should be a good time and I am sure I will learn a lot. I am lucky enough to live about 5 miles from Summit Point, and had some beers with one of the lead trainers at the local 340 pub.

True, the z's are nimble, no doubt.

Lets put it this way, if FORD would have put 18K more into it prior to release we would not be having this conversation as they would not even be close in performance.

Stop with the ricer comments gents, geesh.

If I said that a FORD GT spanks a stock c5 z, you would bring up the price diff...

that is all

Ken
Old 03-07-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

I think not, but you entitled to your own opinion.

OH, POIK, what is the link for?

Ken
That is Racehead and NataSS Inc, keep talking.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lets put it this way, if FORD would have put 18K more into it prior to release we would not be having this conversation as they would not even be close in performance.
But they didnt so its a moot point

If I said that a FORD GT spanks a stock c5 z, you would bring up the price diff...

Ken
No I wouldnt becuase I would never spend that kind of money on a car that had more recalls than a pinto. J/K

The GT and C5 are 2 totally different cars. The GT has been thrown into the "exotic" catagory, which in my mid says "over powered, under preforms but looks really neato".

Now if we wanted to compare the GT to the C6 Z06, I would be saying the "for the price difference I COULD make a Z06 run circles around a GT". Here I'll show you what it looks like......
Attached Thumbnails Here Chebby Chebby-picture006.jpg  
Old 03-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
But they didnt so its a moot point

No I wouldnt becuase I would never spend that kind of money on a car that had more recalls than a pinto. J/K

The GT and C5 are 2 totally different cars. The GT has been thrown into the "exotic" catagory, which in my mid says "over powered, under preforms but looks really neato".

Now if we wanted to compare the GT to the C6 Z06, I would be saying the "for the price difference I COULD make a Z06 run circles around a GT". Here I'll show you what it looks like......

Nata, again some good points and thanks for being civil.

Yes you could take the $ diff and make the c6 run circles around a stock GT, my point exactly.

There will always be someone faster, just takes money, we all know that.

We all love our cars and appear to be somewhat loyal, which is good for all and helps these lil rival conversations exist, which is also healthy.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the vettes and how they run, just found it not to be common knowledge that a c5 runs 11's stock. I have played with a few and they certainly did not have the driver mod I guess. But then again you guys think I can't drive either

Ken
Old 03-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Poik
That is Racehead and NataSS Inc, keep talking.

Huh??
Old 03-07-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
That would be something worth mentioning later in the year when the weather gets nice.

Eric, is that a GSXR 1K in your pic you posted? Cody on here (Rockin C Racing) has a stretched wheelbase 05' Gixxer 1K that he runs at the track regularly. It's umm,,,,, slow.

Mike
His is an '05 1000 and you betcha it is sloooooow.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6

Mike

Like he said, mine is an '05 1000. I have straps and powering links for the drag strip. It blows your skirt back pretty good when you hit the unit (~200 rwhp @ 640 lbs w/ rider).
Old 03-07-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

Racehead, welcome and thanks for clueless comments.

Let me respond to your post.

1. Yes it matters a lot, they are clearly loyal and could have zip tied it or whatever you guys call the STOCK mods...
discounting all these 11 second times because the owners/testers actually like C5's and therefore are biased is an excellent strategy on your part. It allows you to ignore reality while still appearing to have valid reasons for your opinions ..... oh wait, no it doesn't actually do that. It just makes you look like a fanboy is all

2. I agree, I don't see a COBRA running 11's stock.
Nor do you see a Cobra even remotely comparing to a Z06 in handling.

4. I don't drive a honda, I ride one. There is a difference.
Between the machines yes, between the owners ? Not so much I'm sorry ! That was a joke, you gave me an opening I could park a Z06 in and so I did

5. No need to move the Mighty modular, and we will just make more HP to compensate for the 700 pounds, deal with it.
And you actually think you can make up for all the shortcomings of a Cobra mearly by adding hp ? Or make up for weight with hp in general? We're not talking about drag racing here. One day you might make it on a race track and then you'll have a clue. Right now your flying without one believe me.

6. It's been fun, absolutely, and will continue to be.
I agree

7. Now answer my damn question..with a simple yes or no if you are capable of that.

Yes, the answer is yes, because with nothing more than the addition of road racing slicks a Cobra ( or fbody, or maybe even a lowly GT ) will go around most road courses more quickly than the Z06. This simply points out the differance between street and race tires and in NO way indicates that any of these cars are very close in performance to a Z06. And with the addition of a $1k nitrous kit and some QTP's it will beat it in the quarter mile. Having said that I will also say that if you put that same tires on the Z06 then you could add several hundred hp to your Cobra and you would be no closer to beating it around a road course. Maybe one day you'll make it on a road course and only then will anything I'm saying make any sense to you.

Uhh no I won't tell you, it's much more entertaining to me to have you believe that I'm jealous of your car.

PS My wife and I made a deal about a year ago. If I bought her a new house, she would let me buy a new Z06. We've been in our new house for about 6 weeks now. I'm not going to buy a new Z06, but you're idea that I would be jealous of your Cobra ( which BTW I spanked every one I ever saw on a road course in an fbody) is worth major laughs. Thanks for that

Ken

Of course we are
Old 03-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Yo Race head, perhaps you can actually help me out besides telling me how poor of a driver I am.

I am in the market for an RC boat..

I am looking for an electric, mid size (3ft or so) and ready to run out of the box deal. I have shopped a few but have no experience what so ever with them. Do you?

Something 200 dolla or less is preferred, as it will be used while intoxicated on the pontoon boat this summer. Not trying to win any competitions, just ease of use and quality... speed would be cool too, just not a chebby

Thanks,

Ken
Old 03-07-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Yo Race head, perhaps you can actually help me out besides telling me how poor of a driver I am.

I am in the market for an RC boat..

I am looking for an electric, mid size (3ft or so) and ready to run out of the box deal. I have shopped a few but have no experience what so ever with them. Do you?

Something 200 dolla or less is preferred, as it will be used while intoxicated on the pontoon boat this summer. Not trying to win any competitions, just ease of use and quality... speed would be cool too, just not a chebby

Thanks,

Ken
The fact is I've never owned an electric boat, they've all been glow engine powered. I prefer the Catamaran style airboats now. They use the cheaper airplane engines, easier to start and maintain, lot's of speed etc. I've had a few electric cars, and they were ok Sorry I can't help you .
Old 03-07-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ken, maybe you missed this in the article on the Z06: "SuperCar Killer". I remember one shoot out against the Enzo, yes the Enzo won the day, but barely. Now if I put the difference in dollars-$600,000.00-into the Z06 then I could make up the micro seconds that the Enzo had over the Z06 (see my point, how ridiculous).

Why is it we see no Cobras winning any road racing titles? But, we see the Vette taking mucho titles, hmmmmm...

Now here is some advice, instead of pumping $18 into a Cobra, sell the Cobra and add the $18k and go buy a "SuperCar Killer." That way you would have the real deal instead of a wanna be supercar killer.

Yea, guys lets do a bike day this Summer. Now, don't expect my old Iron Head to be running close to the GSX'er crowd, but we can still have some fun.
Robert
Old 03-07-2007, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
Yea, guys lets do a bike day this Summer. Now, don't expect my old Iron Head to be running close to the GSX'er crowd, but we can still have some fun.
Robert
Cool man. And don't feel bad Robert, my Fizzer won't hang with the newer liter-class bikes either,,,,,, at least not until the corners show up anyway.

Mike

Quick Reply: Here Chebby Chebby