Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Hot water heater flooded my basement

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot water heater flooded my basement

Been going on two weeks now with a fucked up basement. One of my renters called me at work on Friday two and a half weeks ago and said the basement was flooding due to the waterheater leaking.

I worked with a shop vac for 13 hours straight getting the carpet unsoaked enough to cut up and tear out.

Service Master was here the next day with all their fans and dehumidifiers.

I replaced the water heater that day too, it was fun jockeying for position with them and trying to get the old one out and the new one installed.

The first week I had to stay at Embassy Suites due to all the drying equipment and my furkids were at the folks ranch up in Marysville. Got them back last Thursday.

Found a great deal on solid bamboo hardwood so the entire basement is getting bamboo. Except the bathroom, it'll get ceramic or marble tile.

Got rid of the stupid waterbed I've had since I was 15. I slept well on it but it was time. Bought a California King fat assed pillow top. Those aren't cheap!

Painting the basement while I'm at it. Already painted my room and sealed the concrete and sheetrock with Kilz paint.

So no mods for a bit. But the house needs the work and it'll be so sweet when I'm done.

I got a good insurance adjuster and can't say a bad thing about the process.

So there's my last two and a half weeks.

Last edited by Rokko; 03-17-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: speling end gramer
Old 03-17-2008, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Wow man that sucks....

I grew up on a waterbed. lol. I loved that thing. Now I have a California King as well. And yes they are not cheap. It sucks, when I go underway, and try to sleep in a coffin rack onboard a ship, It takes a few weeks to get use to it. ha ha.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

I can imagine what a pita that is, you looked well over 6ft too when I met you at Don's casa de garage.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:04 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah I am 6' 3" about 225.. So 3 inches to big for the racks on the ship. lol. But you learn to cope with it, and infact, after living on a ship for 4+ years, before I was married. I liked it.. And its funny cause now that I sleep in a big ole bed, I sleep in the same position, as what I fell asleep in... I don't move around when I sleep. ha ha.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:10 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, Rick that sucks ***... at least you were insured, though. Having just gone through my own water heater disaster, I can certainly feel your pain. Hope everything works out for the better.

Originally Posted by crazylane
Yeah I am 6' 3" about 225.. So 3 inches to big for the racks on the ship. lol. But you learn to cope with it, and infact, after living on a ship for 4+ years, before I was married. I liked it.. And its funny cause now that I sleep in a big ole bed, I sleep in the same position, as what I fell asleep in... I don't move around when I sleep. ha ha.
Funny that the Navy did that to me, also... In boot camp I got used to sleeping so I barely moved and I didn't disturb the sheets very much, and I could make my rack to inspection standards in about 30 seconds. That was almost 25 years ago and to this day I still sleep like that. LOL
Old 03-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Damn, Rick that sucks ***... at least you were insured, though. Having just gone through my own water heater disaster, I can certainly feel your pain. Hope everything works out for the better.
It will be much better, my basement was in need of an update and some major spring cleaning. Unfortunately this water heater forced the issue right now, but such is life. Another two weeks from now and it'll be looking sweet.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

^^^Party in Rokko's basement...... BROB though!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Hell yeah!! After I'm done I'd be all for a bbq byob and sides. I'll supply the fat NY steaks.

Quick Reply: Hot water heater flooded my basement