Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Tree Huggers, what do you think of them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 03:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tree Huggers, what do you think of them?

Personally I hate the B***ARDS, I watched the decline of one of Pacific NWs largest industrys go to the dump after those Azzholes came around and now it has got personal:

http://neighborgreen.blogspot.com/

That blog is about my sister that wants to remove two large trees on HER PROPERTY, the reason is that in a wind storm they could come down on her house. Not to mention the maintenance nightmare for her causing her to clean out clogged gutters and drains a couple times every year. Her house is tall so it requires hiring people to do it. She is a single mom on a elementary teachers salary so every dime counts. They not only posted this blog, but they also stapled posters about this BS on telephone poles all over our neighboorhood.

So what is your opinion of these kinds of jerk offs. Personally if we were not here in good old US of A, say in Indonesia, I would just give the Army colonel some cash under the table and the problem would go away
Old 09-16-2008, 03:51 PM
10 Second Club

I call them watermelons...

Green on the outside - Pink on the inside
Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 PM

I call them ******* idiots. I should go running around letting them know I leveled about 25ish trees on my property. They were in the way of where I wanted my shop so down they went. Also took out a few others to have a nice backyard for my daughter and dog to play in.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I think we should saw the trees down while they are hugging them.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love me some big ole pine trees...but **** if they're in your way chop those ******* down...since i bought my house i've had 6 trees come down in windstorms...the biggest was over 5 feet in diameter and it scares the **** out of me to think what would have happened had it hit my daughter's room, the left half of the master bed wouldn't have been so bad in retrospect...
Old 09-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Launching!

stoooopid. It's one thing to try and stop nuclear waste from being dumped in a river where people fish and kids swim. but a tree in a backyard? GTFO
Old 09-16-2008, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.MartyStone
the biggest was over 5 feet in diameter and it scares the **** out of me to think what would have happened had it hit my daughter's room, the left half of the master bed wouldn't have been so bad in retrospect...
I feel you on that one sometimes
Old 09-16-2008, 04:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MaxSpeed
I call them ******* idiots. I should go running around letting them know I leveled about 25ish trees on my property. They were in the way of where I wanted my shop so down they went. Also took out a few others to have a nice backyard for my daughter and dog to play in.
I took out 14 including a 80+ year old cedar.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

W etook out three truck loads before they even got a chance to bitch!

What do I think of those guttless *******? Good targets for "Death Race 2000"
Old 09-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

I left a comment

The owner of the blog has to approve it before it will be posted
Old 09-16-2008, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

Its your property, you pay the tax's on it, you should be able to do what you want with it...
Old 09-16-2008, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr.MartyStone
I love me some big ole pine trees...but **** if they're in your way chop those ******* down...since i bought my house i've had 6 trees come down in windstorms...the biggest was over 5 feet in diameter and it scares the **** out of me to think what would have happened had it hit my daughter's room, the left half of the master bed wouldn't have been so bad in retrospect...
Unfortunatly, there are no trees within fallin distance of my house... ha ha
Old 09-16-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can't believe people waste time being concerned about what other people do to their own property. Those people need to get a life.

Not to long ago some tree hugger group stopped a school from cutting down some trees because the school needed to move in some mobiles to make room for additional classes. These treehuggers got a court order for them to stop, and they'll go argue it in court. What really ticks me off about it is the fact that now this school has to go pay lawyers to defend them, spending tax payers money in the process. So thanks tree huggers for costing me money (not this was in a school district that I live in, but you get the point)
Old 09-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

They should , its not like she is out on a mission to destroy the neighborhood.
My buddy is a tree hugger, event goes to college to master the art of tree huggery, but even he isn't against this kind of stuff, he just yells at people fore putting beer cans in fires and lakes and what not.

BOttom line is people like that blogger make me want to And someone should inform them that trees don't have a voice for one reason... it is a ******* tree!

Last edited by j200pruf; 09-16-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Maybe those people are part of this group....Emotional Hippies
Old 09-16-2008, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by potac
Maybe those people are part of this group....Emotional Hippies
I DEMAND to 20 seconds of my life back I just wasted trying to watch that worthless crap!

WHY must they subject us to this why. I don't know if I should cry or clean my guns for hunting season
Old 09-16-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Trees...Grow...Back! Just tell her to offer to plant 3 times as many trees in another location and send a gerbil to Eric Stein at city hall so he can shove it where it makes him happy. Problem solved.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:58 AM
On The Tree

tree huggers rub me the wrong way... so do most of the anti-progress 'progressives' of all forms.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:06 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by AndreS
tree huggers rub me the wrong way... so do most of the anti-progress 'progressives' of all forms.
That is exactly the way I feel. I watched the Pulp and Paper industry that I spent 25 years in go into the dump because of these azzholes. Not to mention all the sawmills that went out of business putting hundreds of people out of work all for the sake of the damn spotted owl. They said that the little guy needed old growth to live in, and when they were discovered in second and third and so on, them bastards explanation was that they can live there but they don't like it .......idiots. It is like saying the family that collects welfare and lives in an dump apartment can but they should be in a mansion.

The big guns in the paper industry has made adjustments as well....instead of building new plants here in America, they go offshore....places like South America, and SE Asia where labor is cheap and enviromental restrictions are laxed. Here where it can cost millions just to do a damn enviromental impact statement, in other parts of the world they don't even know what it is. Here where these idiots are worried about trees in someones backyard, in SE Asia or South America they are mowing down the rain forests for $$$ that is where all those idiots should go and live in a cave. Let them try to stop the carnage there, and see what happens.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just go take the C6 Z06 out front of their place and lay a nice huge burnout. They will be busy screaming about the exhaust you just spewed in the air and ignore the trees long enough for your sister to cut them down.