Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

South Dakota members. Planing another meet, Oct. 18th!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default South Dakota members. Planing another meet, Oct. 18th!!!

We are still trying to figure out a meeting spot. We would like to do this like a Cars and Coffee style of meet. So that would be like 9am or so to 11 or 12 then a drive. The cruise route this time will be longer and in and out of town driving. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Like I told a few we would like to do a monthly type of meet. Hopefully the weather holds for one more this year. And probably starting in April or May next year.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:32 PM
12 Second Club

So far this is what we are thinking. I know its early but this event is mostly kind of a dry run to see what we can get. If we dont get a good turn out we will change it next year.

We are thinking we will probably try to turn this into a day long event. Cruise til noon meet at a restaurant then go out separate ways then come back for the Z'Kota Meet. If anyone wants to skip out on the morning cruise and meet later or do a cruise later after the Z'Kota thing PM me and I will give you my number.

Anyway this is what we are thinking so far:

date - 10/18/2008
time - 8-9am (will be leaving at 9am)
location - sunshine foods on E. 10th st. (use north west end of parking lot)

We will be going for a nice drive through the country side, and back into town for lunch. any and all vehicles welcome! cruise route is still T.B.D. I am open to suggestions, and i will hopefully have not only directions, but maps as well this time.

suggestions for cruise rout, as well as where every one would like to eat at, so i can call and tell them we are coming would be great, since not every one was happy with it last time.

we do not condone any street racing, burn outs, etc. nice mellow cruising.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't make it to the 1st one. The SS is put up for the year. Time to tear it down and start over for next year.

How did the 1st one turn out? 18th is another Saturday work day for me

David
Old 10-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Launching!

what is the Z'Kota meet?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by night ryder
what is the Z'Kota meet?
I think what he means is "met at Zkotas" -- every Saturday the have 'cruise night' that usually ends up just to be a mini car show. Alot of really nice cars usually show up.

David
Old 10-02-2008, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
Couldn't make it to the 1st one. The SS is put up for the year. Time to tear it down and start over for next year.

How did the 1st one turn out? 18th is another Saturday work day for me

David
First one was ok(better than I expected worse than I was hoping). I think a few people got lost on the cruise though or got stuck at a light. There was about 3 cars in front of me and about 8-10 behind me most of the time and there was probably 50-75 cars at Sportsmans Warehouse.

Next year we will have to make sure to set one up on a non race weekend/non work weekend for you. haha Probably not going to happen like that though after the racing season starts.

what is the Z'Kota meet?
Just a mini show every Saturday starting around 7pm at Z'kota on MN Ave. in Sioux Falls.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:47 AM
Launching!

im going to try and make it, but 9am is really early for me
Old 10-13-2008, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

im going to try and make it, but 9am is really early for me
Ok we look forward to seeing your there. I may actually not make it now. I may have a new PT job to start. But Hopefully I can make it.

Just an FYI the cruise will start around 9am(if you think you may be a little late let me know we can try to wait a little bit). Also the cruise route would be leaving from the east side Sunshine and head down to Newton Hills. It wont be a short cruise but it should be a fun one.

This will be a Cars and Coffee type of event seen in many larger cities. Next year it will probably be a weekly or bi weekly event. Then a monthly mid day event like the last one we did.

Quick Reply: South Dakota members. Planing another meet, Oct. 18th!!!