Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Too late, I already voted for Obama.
FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 02:13 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by *98TransAm*
lol.....so you believe everything you see on the internet especially from google? hell i could type in DrEvyl likes hardcore butt sex and **** pops up but it doesnt mean its true.
So what, you're saying what I posted about G. Gordon Liddy isn't true? I'm sorry, but all of that is quite well documented.

Lets just assume ALL that stuff they have on obama is false
Most of it is either complete falsehood, or seriously overhyped nonsense. Like that whole ACORN business. I'm constantly amazed at how little people who rant about it actually know about what went down there.

and we should trust him for his awesome change bullshit.
I simply said I believe him to be a better choice than McCain...

I wonder why Oprah backed out of supporting him? hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......
Must be more alternate reality news, because in this reality she didn't.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 10-25-2008 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:19 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by OSUBraden
Zeke, I'm not sure why more republican's didn't exploit the hand-over-heart issue.
Probably because it's really retarded.

I remember seeing the video earlier on in the campaign, and watched in amazement as he looked around at his fellow Dem's but still didn't salute the country, more or less, as they were.

This was around the same time he was refusing to wear an American flag pin.
Oh no, not wearing an American flag pin? Whatever will we do. What a horrible person.

What are we... *****?

So, whatever message Barack was trying to send when he refused to do both of these things...it's been effective, because there is no way in hell I will be voting for him.

Wow, what a great reason.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:24 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by wabmorgan
FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, that's exactly what the McCain campaign is doing. 11 more days until I get to laugh at you for believing he would win. Do yourself a favor...turn off Michael Savage and come back to reality.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zeke, my point was that Obama made it a campaigning point NOT TO do/wear these things. It's the fact that he stood and did it with purpose, to make a point about how he is not proud or satisfied with his country. I find there to be no appropriate reason to do such things, and I also find it very offensive that he did these things while running to be the next leader of the free world.

Aside from that...

I don't want anymore gun control.
I don't want to pay higher taxes.
I don't want to see anymore "separation of Church and State."
I don't want the (un)Fairness doctrine.
I don't want a 25% reduction in military spending.
I don't want socialized medicine/health care.
I don't want anymore "global warming" legislation.
I don't want homosexual marriage.
I don't want to run away from the middle east.
I don't want anymore liberal appointments to the Supreme Court.

I don't know if this makes me a Neo-Con, but I do know that I just can't afford these changes, morally or financially. While John McCain may not be the most favorable Republican for the job, for me Barack Obama would be a four-year long nightmare...
Old 10-25-2008, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, that's exactly what the McCain campaign is doing. 11 more days until I get to laugh at you for believing he would win. Do yourself a favor...turn off Michael Savage and come back to reality.
If Obama is elected he wil surely FAIL us all!!!!!!!!

In 11 days I will be laughing at you.

There is no way Obama is going to win.

Last edited by wabmorgan; 10-25-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

What I REALLY don't understand is how ANYONE can vote for Obama given his tax plans.

You don't raise taxes during a recession.
You don't raise taxes on the companies and corporations that create jobs.
You don't raise taxes period!!!!!!!! On ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama's tax plans will divert trillions of $$$$$$$$ from the private sector, where they would have be used to create jobs, into the goverments hands where they will only be WASTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way out of our economic problems is to cut spending!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by wabmorgan; 10-25-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Banned

I'm Voting For Obama At Least He Knows How Many Houses He Has!
Old 10-25-2008, 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Very interesting thread.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why the government,state, local or federal, Should need to EVER raise my tax's?

My Family and my Business live a off a budget. If we make more money we pay more tax's and the gov. gets more. I can live with that.

BUT as I make less money they want to RAISE my tax's so I have even less of a budget to live on?

I for years can not seem to justify one single GOOD reason to raise taxes and I have voted against them and will continue Every chance I get!

Our Government needs to find a damn Budget and LIVE BY IT!!!

Oh yeah and I can't stand that Freak who refuses to honer the Country that gave him the chance at every thing he has today!

Put your hand up or get the **** out of the country No-Bama!
Old 10-25-2008, 10:53 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by OSUBraden
Zeke, my point was that Obama made it a campaigning point NOT TO do/wear these things. It's the fact that he stood and did it with purpose, to make a point about how he is not proud or satisfied with his country.
That's a load of crap. Here's some pictures of him doing it both ways.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

I find there to be no appropriate reason to do such things, and I also find it very offensive that he did these things while running to be the next leader of the free world.
I find the idea that someone would need to wear an American flag pin to be considered "patriotic" to be ludicrous, and somewhat fascist.

Aside from that...

I don't want anymore gun control.
I don't want to pay higher taxes.
I don't want to see anymore "separation of Church and State."
I don't want the (un)Fairness doctrine.
I don't want a 25% reduction in military spending.
I don't want socialized medicine/health care.
I don't want anymore "global warming" legislation.
I don't want homosexual marriage.
I don't want to run away from the middle east.
I don't want anymore liberal appointments to the Supreme Court.
- I don't want any more gun control, and am not afraid of it under Obama.
- I don't want to pay higher taxes, and am not afraid of that under Obama.
- I DO want to see more separation of church and state.
- I don't want the "Fairness Doctrine" either and Obama doesn't support it.
- I do want a reduction in miltary spending, namely ENDING the war in Iraq.
- Obama has no intention of socializing medicine.
- Whether you vote for Obama or McCain, you're getting more global warming legislation.
- I could not care less if homosexuals get married. BFD.
- Ending the war in Iraq is not "running away". We need to be in Afghanistan.
- I don't want more conservative appointments to the SCOTUS.

Not to mention...

- I don't want to be held to laws based on a religion I don't follow.
- I don't want to see Roe v Wade overturned.
- I don't want to have a President who makes knee jerk decisions that are more often then not wrong like some of you do, and Mcain does.
- I don't want Sarah Palin anywhere near the oval office. She makes Bush look like Einstein.
- I want to get rid of this ignorant "for us or against us" cowboy mentality.
- I want us to be respected by the rest of the world again.

I don't know if this makes me a Neo-Con, but I do know that I just can't afford these changes, morally or financially.
I'm sure by your definitions my beliefs make me a "liberal", which personally I think is laughable... but I know that most conservatives term anything that disagrees with them as "liberal" regardless if it is or not. I personally can't afford 4 more years of the same George Bush crap we've endured, and there's little doubt in my mind that McCain would continue to "stay the course". That in itself gets him the gong as far as I'm concerned.

While John McCain may not be the most favorable Republican for the job, for me Barack Obama would be a four-year long nightmare...
I think he's going to do a lot better job than you guys claim he will. In fact, a lot of the claims made in this thread about Obama are really uninformed and even kinda ignorant. This is the 8 year long nightmare of Bush support that the other 80% of the country that can't stand the guy has endured. Most of us don't want to keep it going, and the ideals in this thread are becoming a larger and larger minority every day. The days of the hard core right winger are over.

So you better get ready for your 4-year nightmare. It's coming in 11 days.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 10-25-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:00 AM
teh PuRpL3z

If Obama is elected he wil surely FAIL us all!!!!!!!!

In 11 days I will be laughing at you.

There is no way Obama is going to win.
I'm laughing at you already... LOL

I'm not sure how you could possibly be so delusional to believe Obama has no chance.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Teching In

We'll see.

Hell...Obama has even refused to pride proof of eligibility to be POTUS!

...but I guess that doesn't matter to the Kool-Aid drinkers either! (sigh)
Old 10-25-2008, 11:16 AM
teh PuRpL3z

What I REALLY don't understand is how ANYONE can vote for Obama given his tax plans.

You don't raise taxes during a recession.
You don't raise taxes on the companies and corporations that create jobs.
You don't raise taxes period!!!!!!!! On ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama's tax plans will divert trillions of $$$$$$$$ from the private sector, where they would have be used to create jobs, into the goverments hands where they will only be WASTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way out of our economic problems is to cut spending!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, yeah, yeah, same old tired argument we heard when George Bush presented it to us.. Same John McCain talking points that aren't getting any traction. I guess the idea is that if we scare people enough they'll reach out from under the covers and vote for McCain with a trembling hand.

Under George Bush taxes the upper class received a tax cut twice as large as the middle and lower classes... it didn't "trickle down"... and it didn't create jobs. Didn't help the economy. It just made rich people richer, and poor people poorer.

The main problem here is that a capitalism is based on consumerism.. and the less money that the middle class people have to spend on the items made by all those companies, the less demand their is for their products, and the less money they make, which ends up meaning they make less product and therefore employ less people. And it's a viscious circle, and if the "golden shower" isn't trickling down.. it breaks the system as well.

If you want to get the economy going again, you have to somehow put more money in the hands of the people on the bottom, not the people on the top. Capitalism isn't about SAVING money, it's about SPENDING money, and if people don't have money to spend, the system grinds to a halt.

As far as I see it.. Obama's plan would even out the tax cuts that Bush enacted (and McCain was against at the time but is now in favor of... flip... flop... flip... flop.. I could write a thesis on his flip flops over the years) and make it a little more fair. Trickle down economics has been tried, and proven to be a broken idea. No more.

Not to mention that there's no way John McCain could even understand what a middle class family goes through. He's stinking rich.. he can't remember how many houses he has... he has his own plane. Obama has 1 house, 1 car, and a bicycle. I'd say he represents me far better than McCain.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 10-25-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Funnay.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:18 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Patriotpa
We'll see.

Hell...Obama has even refused to pride proof of eligibility to be POTUS!
FALSE.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...ertificate.asp

Once again... DO YOU SERIOUSLY BELIEVE that the Republican party is so completely inept that they would not exploit such an obvious and easy target to take out their opponent in the next election?

Seriously? How delusional do you have to be to believe this stuff?

...but I guess that doesn't matter to the Kool-Aid drinkers either! (sigh)
It's pretty obvious to me who's drinking the kool-aid... and it's the ones who are falling for all of this obviously bogus crap, simply because they're scared of a black guy with a funny Arab-sounding name that won't wear an American Flag pin.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

" The Constitution guarantees everyone freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. Not only is the public and private practice of religion a Constitutional right, it is, as our Founding Fathers believed, absolutely necessary for a successful society. "

Why this still is confusing to many Im not sure

Also ..

"The founder of a group that's been accused of promoting teen-adult homosexual relationships is the Obama campaign's fundraising co-chair for the "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender" (LGBT) community.
Kevin Jennings is the outgoing head of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), a group known for its efforts to establish so-called "Gay-Straight Alliance" clubs in public schools across the country. The longtime homosexual activist is also playing a prominent role in Barack Obama's White House bid.

From my house, thats disgusting. Who Nonabama hangs out with will always be an issue for me.

On the gay marrigae issue, I would agrre with this statement:

"What will happen sociologically if marriage becomes anything or everything or nothing? The short answer is that the State will lose its compelling interest in marital relationships altogether. After marriage has been redefined, divorces will be obtained instantly, will not involve a court, and will take on the status of a driver’s license or a hunting permit. With the family out of the way, all rights and privileges of marriage will accrue to gay and lesbian partners without the legal entanglements and commitments heretofore associated with it.

Whats next ...we we be able to marry our dog? lol
Old 10-25-2008, 11:41 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by 2008 GXP
" The Constitution guarantees everyone freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. Not only is the public and private practice of religion a Constitutional right, it is, as our Founding Fathers believed, absolutely necessary for a successful society. "

Why this still is confusing to many Im not sure
Keeping religion out of the government in no way infringes on the rights of anyone to practice it privately or publicly, not to mention that it prevents those of one religion from enforcing their beliefs on those of another - thereby TAKING AWAY their right to freedom of religion.

NEWSFLASH: There is more than ONE religion, and the word "religion" in the constituion does not equal "Christianity".

Also ..

"The founder of a group that's been accused of promoting teen-adult homosexual relationships is the Obama campaign's fundraising co-chair for the "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender" (LGBT) community.
Kevin Jennings is the outgoing head of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), a group known for its efforts to establish so-called "Gay-Straight Alliance" clubs in public schools across the country. The longtime homosexual activist is also playing a prominent role in Barack Obama's White House bid.

From my house, thats disgusting. Who Nonabama hangs out with will always be an issue for me.

On the gay marrigae issue, I would agrre with this statement:

"What will happen sociologically if marriage becomes anything or everything or nothing? The short answer is that the State will lose its compelling interest in marital relationships altogether. After marriage has been redefined, divorces will be obtained instantly, will not involve a court, and will take on the status of a driver’s license or a hunting permit. With the family out of the way, all rights and privileges of marriage will accrue to gay and lesbian partners without the legal entanglements and commitments heretofore associated with it.
That is such horseshit. Allowing gays to be married would simply change the existing processes to allow same sex as well as opposite sex, and I dunno if you noticed, but it's pretty much that way for same sex couples already.

I really don't understand why so many people exhibit such fear and disdain for gays, but I guess since I live in Capitol Hill I'm a lot more exposed to it, and realize that they are no different than any of the rest of us... not to mention that I know gay couples that have stronger and longer lasting relationships than some of the heterosexual couples I know.

I can see no LOGICAL reason why if they are currently living like a married couple would, that they should not be able to BE a married couple.

Whats next ...we we be able to marry our dog? lol
Ignoring that his is an obviously ludicrous statement, I'd have to ask..

Why do you care who someone else marries or has sex with? Isn't it THEIR life?

Why do you think it's so important that the goverment be the one to dictate our morality?

What... do you think the government is supposed to play "mom & dad" for adults?
Old 10-25-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

FALSE.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...ertificate.asp

Once again... DO YOU SERIOUSLY BELIEVE that the Republican party is so completely inept that they would not exploit such an obvious and easy target to take out their opponent in the next election?

Seriously? How delusional do you have to be to believe this stuff?

It's pretty obvious to me who's drinking the kool-aid... and it's the ones who are falling for all of this obviously bogus crap, simply because they're scared of a black guy with a funny Arab-sounding name that won't wear an American Flag pin.

The judge simply dismissed the complaint.... Obama still did not produce the document as requested by Mr. Berg. Berg can still appeal the ruling.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, yeah, yeah, same old tired argument we heard when George Bush presented it to us.. Same John McCain talking points that aren't getting any traction. I guess the idea is that if we scare people enough they'll reach out from under the covers and vote for McCain with a trembling hand.

Under George Bush taxes the upper class received a tax cut twice as large as the middle and lower classes... it didn't "trickle down"... and it didn't create jobs. Didn't help the economy. It just made rich people richer, and poor people poorer.

The main problem here is that a capitalism is based on consumerism.. and the less money that the middle class people have to spend on the items made by all those companies, the less demand their is for their products, and the less money they make, which ends up meaning they make less product and therefore employ less people. And it's a viscious circle, and if the "golden shower" isn't trickling down.. it breaks the system as well.

If you want to get the economy going again, you have to somehow put more money in the hands of the people on the bottom, not the people on the top. Capitalism isn't about SAVING money, it's about SPENDING money, and if people don't have money to spend, the system grinds to a halt.

As far as I see it.. Obama's plan would even out the tax cuts that Bush enacted (and McCain was against at the time but is now in favor of... flip... flop... flip... flop.. I could write a thesis on his flip flops over the years) and make it a little more fair. Trickle down economics has been tried, and proven to be a broken idea. No more.

Not to mention that there's no way John McCain could even understand what a middle class family goes through. He's stinking rich.. he can't remember how many houses he has... he has his own plane. Obama has 1 house, 1 car, and a bicycle. I'd say he represents me far better than McCain.
Belive what you want.... but Obama tax plan will cause the resession to only be worse.

What YOU and Obama DON"T understand is that ANY taxes are ultimately passed DOWN for others to pay in the form of higher prices.

Obama=Inflation=Worse recession, more jobs losses

I'm not going to worry about it.... since Obama will lose anyway.

There is no such thing as trickle up economics.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:14 PM
teh PuRpL3z

The judge simply dismissed the complaint.... Obama still did not produce the document as requested by Mr. Berg. Berg can still appeal the ruling.
Wow. You really want to believe it THAT BAD, huh?

So what you're saying is that everyone in the Republican party is too inept to exploit such an obvious injustice, and that some ambulance chasing lawyer... the same lawyer, in fact that sued George Bush for allowing 9/11 to happen... somehow is coming to their rescue?

LOL.

Holy ****. Unbelievable. No wonder you believe Obama has no chance.

Quick Reply: Who you voting for?