7.30%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Who you voting for?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
H. Make abortions illegal, except when the physical survival of the mother is threatened, to be determined by three medical doctors.

I. Close all houses of sex and massage

Ah...No,

I If I want to get a hooker. I want to get a hooker. None of the Governments business.
Really does anyone here or should anyone care if I have sex with a hooker? If my wife, girlfriend wathever gets an abortion should anyone but my God care?
That is too much regulation for me.
Both of those are Jesus stuff right there.
I have my own beliefs on those subjects and yes I believe in God and Jesus. However they will be the final judge on that stuff.
Not the President or our lie telling cheating dirty *** Congress and Senate.
Oh, I thought when you said you didn't care about that stuff you actually meant it. nvm.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I do mean it, I don't want the Govt to do anything with it.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wabmorgan
I support John McCain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Joe the plummer!!!!!!!!

Seriously... though... you don't want to raise taxes in a rescission.

Raising taxes is the sure fire way to turn change a rescission into a depression.
Originally Posted by esoteric
So why are you voting for McCain, then? It's Obama whose plane is to cut taxes for you -unless you make more than 250K a year.

If you are referring to corporations, US corps already pay the second lowest effective rates in the world at 4.8% -second lowest to that industrial powerhouse, and now bankrupt state, Iceland.

Or maybe you prefer trickle down economics...
Let me let John McCain answer that for you.... and any other Obama supporters as well....

Originally Posted by John McCain
Why don't we not raise anyones taxes during this economic down turn.
What you and the Obama supporters don't realize is..... You raise taxes on corporations... and small bussnesses..... who do you think will pay the increased taxes???? The corporations???? No.... you will. It's called trickle down taxes!!!!!!!!!! In other words.... the increased taxes will simply result in more inflation and you will simply be paying it everytime you buy anything.

There is no such thing as trickle up economics... no matter what Obama may be telling you.

Last edited by wabmorgan; 10-20-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Third Party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_yjImzwuIU
Old 10-20-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
Okay, but you need to provide #s to substantiate your statement. Where did you get the 4.8%?

Effective rate = tax paid / income

That doesn't mean Reich is not a hack, does it? He still has a political agenda.
That is true of the producers of the your graph as well. In fact, there are at least five different ways to compute the effective tax rates, each method produces a different result. After finding this information, and knowing we could offer each other opposing statistics indefinitely, I decided to ask an expert: an economist, who had several books published including an economics text. I asked if he could give a ballpark estimate of the effective tax rate of most big companies. His response was "5-10 percent, but some companies pay nothing." I doubt there are any big companies in the US that pay the 35% tax rate you espoused (and I doubt you believe it either). That may be the rate on their tax schedule, but with tax lawyers, lobbyists, and accountants dedicated to reducing those rates, the companies pay nowhere near that percent. While huge companies have recorded the largest profit margins in the history of US business, the real income of the working class fell since the 70's, and the gap between rich and poor has grown. So I am not bleeding for the big companies, and I don't think any American should be. To be wealthy in the US today, you need a net worth of 4 million bucks. If you have at least that much, and want to vote your self interest, you should vote Republican. If you have less, vote Democrat.

Last edited by esoteric; 10-20-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Let me let John McCain answer that for you.... and any other Obama supporters as well....

What you and the Obama supporters don't realize is..... You raise taxes on corporations... and small bussnesses..... who do you think will pay the increased taxes???? The corporations???? No.... you will. It's called trickle down taxes!!!!!!!!!! In other words.... the increased taxes will simply result in more inflation and you will simply be paying it everytime you buy anything.

There is no such thing as trickle up economics... no matter what Obama may be telling you.
My statement referred to effective tax rates not cutting taxes or raising taxes.

But since you brought it up: The effective corporate tax rate was much higher in the 60's and the economy was stronger and the standard of living was higher -and that refutes your contention. When Reagan sold his "trickle down" economics that said "cut the taxes on the wealthy and all Americans will benefit" it was strikingly similar to the polices of Andrew Mellon during the 1920s. We had a depression at the end of that decade because US consumers didn't have the purchasing power to maintain demand for consumer goods. Half of America lived at or below the poverty level. Is that what you want?

When we talk of marginal tax rates and effective tax rates we are referring to a tax on profits, not on the product. Having said that, the most compelling argument conservatives make is that cutting corporate tax rates will result in more hiring, and that is true, to an extent. But if the corporations are using the tax payer provided infrastructure of highways, bridges, sewers, water, fire and police protection, etc, shouldn't the corporations pay their fair share?

Last edited by esoteric; 10-20-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

To add to the above, I was told that places like Boeing get a $25K tax deduction for each job they ship overseas (outsource). Obama says he will stop that, McCain sees no problem with it. I haven't been able to verify the amount but it is happening and that is their position....
Old 10-20-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
To add to the above, I was told that places like Boeing get a $25K tax deduction for each job they ship overseas (outsource). Obama says he will stop that, McCain sees no problem with it. I haven't been able to verify the amount but it is happening and that is their position....

Mark when have you ever known someone in the govm. to tell the truth? & to do what they said they were going to.

I may only be a Child in most of your guys eyes but I know enough to know that the gov lies ALOT!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 04:55 PM
10 Second Club

That is true of the producers of the your graph as well. In fact, there are at least five different ways to compute the effective tax rates, each method produces a different result. After finding this information, and knowing we could offer each other opposing statistics indefinitely, I decided to ask an expert: an economist, who had several books published including an economics text. I asked if he could give a ballpark estimate of the effective tax rate of most big companies. His response was "5-10 percent, but some companies pay nothing." I doubt there are any big companies in the US that pay the 35% tax rate you espoused (and I doubt you believe it either). That may be the rate on their tax schedule, but with tax lawyers, lobbyists, and accountants dedicated to reducing those rates, the companies pay nowhere near that percent. While huge companies have recorded the largest profit margins in the history of US business, the real income of the working class fell since the 70's, and the gap between rich and poor has grown. So I am not bleeding for the big companies, and I don't think any American should be. To be wealthy in the US today, you need a net worth of 4 million bucks. If you have at least that much, and want to vote your self interest, you should vote Republican. If you have less, vote Democrat.
Well, as a small business owner I can tell you my personal experience has been MUCH different. In my very best year my PAID tax rate was over 35% using my forumula - tax paid / gross income.

Besides, Mr. Obama defines the rich as > $250K / year and that includes 50% of the income that small business report.

Perhaps the formula should be...

If you work for a company that has more than $250K per year in income then you should vote Rebublican. If you don't work or work for a company that takes in less than $250K (income) then you should vote for a Democrat.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Mark, I have to ask if the source of that information had a vested interest in the outcome of the election? It wasn't someone associated with a union was it?
Old 10-20-2008, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, as a small business owner I can tell you my personal experience has been MUCH different. In my very best year my PAID tax rate was over 35% using my forumula - tax paid / gross income.

Besides, Mr. Obama defines the rich as > $250K / year and that includes 50% of the income that small business report.

Perhaps the formula should be...

If you work for a company that has more than $250K per year in income then you should vote Rebublican. If you don't work or work for a company that takes in less than $250K (income) then you should vote for a Democrat.
I don't know how we can reconcile this. My friend at Progressive Automotive says his effective rate is >10%. He's a one man show...?

C'mon Don, don't you have a myriad of deductions? The whole tax structure is set-up for businesses. It's certainly not set-up for wage earners. There's nowhere for those folks to hide discretionary money, even if they're earning it.
You need to manage a hedge fund: your top tax rate would be 15% and you'd probably make millions.

Last edited by esoteric; 10-20-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:35 PM
TECH Regular

I'm also voting for McCain also. I'm former Military also 10 years. People are forgetting we are voting for a Commander in Chief also and he is the clear choice. Have you seen the video on youtube of Obama talking about the cuts he will make in the military and Nuke weapons. He will leave us a sitting duck. That is why he is receiving all the foreign support. I do not trust him at all. Just look at his background. The press refuses to address all of his past problems and contacts.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Clinton weakened our military as well.

Btw....

.....if you are voting for McCain... vote before or on November 4th.

.... if you are voting for Obama.... vote after November 5th!!!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...to-suppor.html

Joe Biden: "Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

he claims Russia, or the middle east as origins.... I claim: that's where they'll place the blame.... it may be a lie, which makes the story very chilling if you follow any of the far out conspiracy theories.

Last edited by AndreS; 10-21-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

My statement referred to effective tax rates not cutting taxes or raising taxes.

But since you brought it up: The effective corporate tax rate was much higher in the 60's and the economy was stronger and the standard of living was higher -and that refutes your contention. When Reagan sold his "trickle down" economics that said "cut the taxes on the wealthy and all Americans will benefit" it was strikingly similar to the polices of Andrew Mellon during the 1920s. We had a depression at the end of that decade because US consumers didn't have the purchasing power to maintain demand for consumer goods. Half of America lived at or below the poverty level. Is that what you want?

When we talk of marginal tax rates and effective tax rates we are referring to a tax on profits, not on the product. Having said that, the most compelling argument conservatives make is that cutting corporate tax rates will result in more hiring, and that is true, to an extent. But if the corporations are using the tax payer provided infrastructure of highways, bridges, sewers, water, fire and police protection, etc, shouldn't the corporations pay their fair share?
The proposed Obama middle income tax cuts are minimalistic tax cuts. They will not benefit anyone very much.

So.... you are saying... let's make minor tax cuts for middle income people and then stick it to the corporations and small businesses that CREATE jobs?????

As for paying their fair share.... are the corporations and small businesses not already paying their fair share via job creation????

I was not referring to the taxes on a product.....my point was that businesses will pass their increased taxes on to their customers in the form of higher prices.... so in the end... the very people you want tax cuts for wind up paying them anyway in the form of inflation.

Inflation=Jimmy Carter=Obama

You can not tax the country out of a recession.

Last edited by wabmorgan; 10-21-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:29 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Michael Savage references explain everything. How anyone could listen to that blowhard and call someone else ignorant is beyond me.

Once again, better get used to saying "President Obama".
Old 10-21-2008, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

Mark, I have to ask if the source of that information had a vested interest in the outcome of the election? It wasn't someone associated with a union was it?
Yeah, you know me Don, I believe whatever anyone tells me....you insult me.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Default LEtter

Copy of a great letter I got from a friend of a friend....

Dear Jack,

I want to respect your privacy, and I am hoping that you will forgive, tolerate, or maybe even welcome this note. I understand that voting is a personal matter. However, I have decided that I must say something about the current presidential campaign.

I am very concerned that this election will be determined by great oratory, presence, smoke and mirrors. In my mind celebrity status, and great speaking skills absolutely do not equate to being ready or able to be the President of the United States.

I know John McCain personally. We spent 5 years in the same prisons in Hanoi. I lived in the same cell with him one time for six weeks. He was also one of my instructors in flight training. I can speak from personal knowledge.

The POW experience and his life since then have molded John into a man of character and integrity worthy of our trust and confidence. That experience also solidified his commitment to serving the greatest nation that has ever existed on the face of the earth. John McCain has been in harm's way. He knows what it means to "fight" for, and at the bidding of, his country.

There is a world of difference between electioneering / campaigning and working over time to actually accomplish things.

John has a lengthy and proven record of thinking for himself and trying to do what he thinks is the right thing for our country. (I don't always agree with him, but I know that is his motivation.) He has repeatedly worked across the aisle, opposing not only the other party, but often his own party; and he has often opposed presidents of both parties. AND BELIEVE ME, John is no George Bush!

The record is loaded with examples of John's ability to work with others toward common objectives and moving issues forward. One example is particularly illustrative right now. In '05 John co-sponsored a bill, the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act, to impose tighter oversight and regulation on Fannie May and Freddie Mac. Sadly the Democrats who controlled Congress never let that bill out of committee... and here we are today. Go to youtube and search "democrats and fannie mae."

"Affordable housing" is the politically correct mantra that is at the heart of our current financial mess. "Affordable housing" was the darling of community organizers - picture a younger Senator Obama. Google "Obama and Acorn."

Senator Obama has no record to speak of, and absolutely no record of opposing his own party - on anything. What Senator Obama does have is the most liberal record in the US Senate. His running mate has the 3rd most liberal record. It is inconceivable that they would be elected to lead this country. I believe they WILL work to "redistribute the wealth" i.e. our money.

This presidential election is going to be absolutely critical for the future of our country. John possesses an incredible amount of wisdom, maturity and experience. Without any reservation I urge you to vote for John McCain. His qualifications to lead our country and his qualifications to be our Commander in Chief are without equal. We are at war and there is an idealogy in the world directly opposed to the freedoms we enjoy.

Thank you for reading this, for your patience and for your thoughtful consideration as this election draws near. I have posted this on a blog at DaveCareyBlog. I would enjoy discussing this election with you at any length. You can respond on the blog, via email to me or, via telephone 512-819-9481.

Sandy joins me in urging you to vote for John. Please feel free to pass this on to any of your family or friends.

God bless you and our country. Very best regards,

Dave Carey
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Motivational Speaker - Member, National Speaker's Assoc.
Consultant & Trainer - Certified SYMLOG Consultant
Coach - Member, International Coach Federation
Author - The Ways We Choose:
lessons for life from a POW's experience
---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.davecarey.com dave@davecarey.com
(O) 512-819-9481 (F) 512-819-9482
402 Dawson Trail • Georgetown, TX 78633
Old 10-22-2008, 12:32 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, you know me Don, I believe whatever anyone tells me....you insult me.
Mark, My sincere appologies for insulting you.

I know you are your own man, but your words say "...I was told that places like Boeing get a $25K tax deduction for each job they ship overseas (outsource)."

Did you have any luck in your research? I looked for an hour this morning and could not find anything regarding this.

Last edited by NWDragRacer; 10-22-2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 10-22-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Post #178

Good Letter!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dave Carey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Who you voting for?