Not voting
7.30%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Who you voting for?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

McCain's wonderful economic ideas like another stimulus package (because the first one worked so well) and the idea of buying back all the bad loans from lenders, who will essentially make money off dealing in bad paper. (Doesn't sound like "small government" to me) are both horrible ideas. don't even get me started on freezing all spending, i mean, who needs money on education? I really dont feel like using our tax bucks to continue to bail out these ***** who weren't smart enough to get a proper loan to begin with. I have not once heard McCain mention Net Neutrality, which is huge to me. Obama will also name the first ever Chief of Technology. Along with the fact the McCain/Palin administration is against my social issues point of view. And whats all this silly talk of Obama making us a sitting duck? Unlike mccain, obama approves of unilateral strikes on pakistan where we have intelligence of al qaeda locations. mccain wants to sit down and talk with pakistan and let them handle it. which they're obviously not ****** doing. just because he put a timetable on an iraq withdrawal doesnt mean he's some wuss. he wants to expand efforts in Afghanistan, where we're not doin too well, as gen patreus can confirm. anyway, that's why I like Obama. Had Romney been on the ticket, i woulda gone all red. o and Dino for gov.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this poll is any kind of barometer..... John McCain is going to WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5SiX1
McCain's wonderful economic ideas like another stimulus package (because the first one worked so well)
ok if it goes in to affect as of NOW its not John McCain its BUSH, geeze guys the guys not even president yet.

OH this would be fun if Settlemire was going to be in town on election night.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:31 PM
10 Second Club

McCain's wonderful economic ideas like another stimulus package (because the first one worked so well) and the idea of buying back all the bad loans from lenders, who will essentially make money off dealing in bad paper. (Doesn't sound like "small government" to me) are both horrible ideas.
Let me start by saying that I think that the stimulus package was a horrible idea - sending our tax dollars to people who don't pay any taxes is just wrong. If giving taxpayers some of their own money is a good idea, then taxes are too high. Think how the economy would be stimulated if they were permenatly lowered.

History has shown that lower taxes produce higher tax revenues to the government. Kennedy did it and so did Reagan. Deficits are the result of SPENDING too much. Mark my words, all these "packages" will be hung around the Republician's neck for decades to come as record deficits. Bush has been on the wrong side of this issue and will desreve that criticizm.

don't even get me started on freezing all spending, i mean, who needs money on education?
Why do we need to send our tax dolllars to Washington DC to have them take a cut and then send a small part back th the local schools. Why not keep the money out of their hands in the first place. The constitution makes no mention of the Federal government being involved in education.

I really dont feel like using our tax bucks to continue to bail out these ***** who weren't smart enough to get a proper loan to begin with.
That's not a very progressive position. My brother-in-law accused me of blaming this on the poor when I said this. The root cause was "Community Organizations" like ACORN who used strong-arm tactics to force banks and eventually congress to lower their standards for loans.

Then Freddie-Mac and Fanny-Mae (both overseen by congress) were allowed to hide this bad paper in bundles of loans that were sold to private banks. When it became apparent that a large portion of the bundles were bad, their value plummeted and the crisis began. Other loans that were secured with the value of the bundles were in trouble as well.

I have not once heard McCain mention Net Neutrality, which is huge to me. Obama will also name the first ever Chief of Technology.
Are you saying that the federal government should oversee the content on the internet? Why is that a good idea?

Net Neutrality generally is understood to be forcing carriers to treat all traffic equally, without regard to content. The problem is that government regulation has created monopolies and crushed competition. If you had 4 viable choices for internet access and one of them provided you with true unlimited access and the rest did content or bandwidth filtering, would it matter? The free market would show what people want and are willing to support.

Along with the fact the McCain/Palin administration is against my social issues point of view. And whats all this silly talk of Obama making us a sitting duck? Unlike mccain, obama approves of unilateral strikes on pakistan where we have intelligence of al qaeda locations. mccain wants to sit down and talk with pakistan and let them handle it. which they're obviously not ****** doing.
This is really scary. You want a US president to attack a pro American country that is unstable and has nukes and thus guaranteeing that their fragile government will topple. Which way do you think those nukes will go then? Really?

just because he put a timetable on an iraq withdrawal doesnt mean he's some wuss. he wants to expand efforts in Afghanistan, where we're not doin too well, as gen patreus can confirm. anyway, that's why I like Obama. Had Romney been on the ticket, i woulda gone all red. o and Dino for gov.
If I was fighting and I heard that my enemy was leaving on a date certain, would I keep fighting? Hell no, I'd just wait until he was gone and then continue what I was doing.

If I was fighting and my enemy was committed to killing me, I'd keep fighting, and if it was against the US, I'd die.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^^NWDragRacer good reply. I going to post.... but you did a better job than I would have at explaining that!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
ok if it goes in to affect as of NOW its not John McCain its BUSH, geeze guys the guys not even president yet.
Originally Posted by Denny Crane
No More BUSH bashing!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wabmorgan
^^^^^NWDragRacer good reply. I going to post.... but you did a better job than I would have at explaining that!!!!!!!!!

I am not bush bashing, I was stating the truth lol, I voted for bush & still stand by that right to vote for him.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Nader! It's his year this time!

(and NO, I am not serious)
Old 10-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Banned

OBAMA. keep in mind that this forum is bias for polls because the general owners of Fbodys are hicks and racist lololol
Old 10-22-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jamz28
OBAMA. keep in mind that this forum is bias for polls because the general owners of Fbodys are hicks and racist lololol
get a job
Old 10-23-2008, 12:40 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If this poll is any kind of barometer..... John McCain is going to WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This poll isn't even close to a barometer. This is what happens when you get a bunch of koolaid drinking neocons in the same place.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
This poll isn't even close to a barometer. This is what happens when you get a bunch of koolaid drinking neocons in the same place.
I don't drink kool aid unless it has Vodka in it.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

This coming from a guy that has lost his job, and lived off of welfare for the majority of the last year.... And when given oppurtunity's for a job he declined them, cause they were not exactly what he wanted... Because they gave random **** tests.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jamz28
Coming from someone in New Jersy, I find it funny that you use the term Hicks so loosely. You don't even know the true meaning off what a hick is. Do you? And don't go and try looking it up. Stupid Yankee!!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:36 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by crazylane
This coming from a guy that has lost his job, and lived off of welfare for the majority of the last year.... And when given oppurtunity's for a job he declined them, cause they were not exactly what he wanted... Because they gave random **** tests.
LOL... I guess I must have hit a nerve...

But I have to correct you.

(a) I haven't lived off welfare at all this year... I lived off MY SAVINGS, ******* and somehow in all of that unemployment I managed to pay for a car I didn't need and a $13,000 drum set with cash. I haven't worked for half the year and haven't taken ONE DIME of government money. So much for that theory.. and **** you for even suggesting it.

(b) There's no reason I should have to take a job that isn't exactly what I'm after when I can afford to wait for, and can get, something that IS exactly what I am after. In fact, I did end up getting exactly what I was after, and then the economy tanked and it dried up that quickly. This is part of life.

(c) I believe random **** tests are a violation of my 4th and 5th ammendment rights, so you'll have to forgive me for sticking up for my principles, and following Nancy Reagan's advice to "Just Say No". I tolerated that crap in the military for 8 years because I had no choice... Now I do, and damn it, I'm taking it.

Fact of the matter is.. you have no real argument, and I can't believe you had the audacity to go for something personal based on NO KNOWLEDGE OF REALITY. You'd best do yourself a favor and do your research before you start throwing rocks.. either that, or shut the **** up. I'd recommend the latter.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 10-23-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

It would be.... if the voting public would just STOP drinking the koolaid!!!!!!

Sorry you lost your job... hopefully you will find something soon.

Until you find what you are looking for.... maybe you should give Starbucks a call!!!!!!!!! Sorry.... your user name got you on that one!!!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Geez, this is an exciting forum. With that said, here are my two thoughts.

The United States has an eleven point five trillion dollar debt.
The United States maintains a budget deficit.

1.) The United States needs to reduce spending and raise taxes to balance the books.

2.) I have never run across a small business owner $250k-1 million that makes business decisions based upon taxes.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:35 PM
teh PuRpL3z

It would be.... if the voting public would just STOP drinking the koolaid!!!!!!

Sorry you lost your job... hopefully you will find something soon.

Until you find what you are looking for.... maybe you should give Starbucks a call!!!!!!!!! Sorry.... your user name got you on that one!!!!!
You're a bigger Kool-aid drinker than anyone supporting Obama, dude. You're just drinking the other side's Kool-aid. Stop drinking it.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

At the McCain camp.... we don't use koolaid..... we use Poweraid!!!!!!!

That's why John will WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gregory
Geez, this is an exciting forum. With that said, here are my two thoughts.

The United States has an eleven point five trillion dollar debt.
The United States maintains a budget deficit.

1.) The United States needs to reduce spending and raise taxes to balance the books.
True... but you don't raise taxes in a recession. Spending is the problem... not taxes. McCain is going to reduce spending. Obama will increase spending.

Originally Posted by Gregory
2.) I have never run across a small business owner $250k-1 million that makes business decisions based upon taxes.
They will under the Obama's increase taxes and spending programs.

A small business owner paying out an extra $100k+ in taxes is going be less likely to hire.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:06 PM
teh PuRpL3z

At the McCain camp.... we don't use koolaid..... we use Poweraid!!!!!!!
Try Geritol.

That's why John will WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John McCain has about as much chance of winning as Jimmy Carter did against Reagan.

Quick Reply: Who you voting for?