Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

LS1 front clip on LT1 camaro-looking for some info

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 front clip on LT1 camaro-looking for some info

Hey guys waiting on the body shop to hear if my recent collision(not my fault) will total out my camaro. If it does I was thinking about buying it back and then looking to repair it myself. My question is if anyone has a thread for swapping an LT front end over to an LS front end. I'd like to know exactly what is needed as well as some tips and pointers. I also need to find the LS parts (fenders, nose, brackets, headlights, & SS hood-prefered) in good condition. Thanks for any help guys.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just buy a totaled rear ended 2000 camaro v6. It would be way easier and cheaper. With out motor, trans, or interior is the best
Old 06-17-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Get your car back..and buy a roller..
Old 06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

http://www.lt1howto.com/articles/frontendswap.htm
hope this helps
Old 06-17-2010, 06:40 PM

Its really easy. I did it on my car, and it took about 5 hours tops. You will need: a new hood, fenders, bumper cover, impact absorber, headlights, turn signals, and all of the brackets for the headlights, and the support piece that bolts the top of the bumper cover to the core support.

The only thing i had to do was trim off some of the impact bar that the foam impact absorber goes over, but thats it.... its a direct bolt on.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:40 PM

Its really easy. I did it on my car, and it took about 5 hours tops. You will need: a new hood, fenders, bumper cover, impact absorber, headlights, turn signals, and all of the brackets for the headlights, and the support piece that bolts the top of the bumper cover to the core support.

The only thing i had to do was trim off some of the impact bar that the foam impact absorber goes over, but thats it.... its a direct bolt on.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Launching!

So if I do this swap, no one is going to think it's a sin and banish me from this site? I supposed to hear from the body shop today or monday. I'll try to post pics of why it is in the body shop in the first place. I had it parked in my parking lot(backed in) and my neighbor was backed in next to me(Ford F250 p/u). He had his parked with the wheels turned to the right...so when he left, he was not paying an ounce of attention and just hit the gas making the truck turn sharply to the right and ran right into the camaro. It got the driver side wheel(just painted the wheels!), fender, front bumper/wheel well with the passenger side bed of the truck. I'm not sure what happens to a car's steering rack when the wheels are forced to turn when the steering column is locked. I would guess it might need tie rod ends, maybe a new rack and definetly an alignment. I'm thinking if it needs a new rack, it might be close to being totaled.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Alot of us change to the 98 and up front end. Yes it is easy to do. Your headlights will plug into your 93-97 headlight sockets. I'm waiting for someone to hit me so I can put the 93-97 nose on my 98.

Quick Reply: LS1 front clip on LT1 camaro-looking for some info