Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement
Old 05-10-2016, 02:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Bubbling Sail Panel Issue for Dummies

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Dealerships denied me too. Wasn't till I called the GM 800# in the back of the owners manual that a woman there got the ball rolling for me. Ended up getting it fixed for free thru the same dealership that originally denied me.
Sounds like the next progression of events to take place, and since I already have a file #, they can look it up and review the request. (Right after I talk to the Dealership GM and express my EXTREME displeasure)

Thank you
Old 10-17-2007, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Dealerships denied me too. Wasn't till I called the GM 800# in the back of the owners manual that a woman there got the ball rolling for me. Ended up getting it fixed for free thru the same dealership that originally denied me.
Now I talked to the dealership and was told no, than I called GM and again was told no by the dealership. DMs are the only people who can deny you according to GM.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Be rest assured I'll be getting that person's name when I call GM, but this is utter BS
Old 10-17-2007, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Well good luck with GM they didn't really help me. Im going to a different dealer tomarrow and depending on what they say depends on weather or not I start playing dirty with GM.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, I just emailed my GM, so we'll see, and I referenced ALL 37 pages for him to review.

If nothing else, I want a logical explanation for these approval/denials? What we need are the approval claims # / repair authorization # to cite as precedent. THEN we'll ALL have cause to seek damages as a result of this discriminatory practice. I did study a little Law in College, so we'll see. The last straw should always be to file a lawsuit, but if these people want a fight, I'll give it to them once I have the proper documentation. Of course that would mean attorney fees which would most likely cost more than the repairs itself.

Hence the need for a class action people, if GM or Pontiac doesn't see the need to address these problems. At this time, it appears the only way to insure we receive proper treatment is to have all f-body brothers fight this battle together.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where are you two from, seems like a lot of the denials I see are from the East Coast.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK
Marcello, in each link you posted I get one page, do you see two in each link when you open each link?
The files I posted are zip files and there are 2 .tif files in each zip file. A total of 4 pages....
Old 10-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by loyolacub68
Marcello, hows the work coming along on your car?
I called today and the car should be completed by Friday. Will update after I get the car back.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Firehawk526
Yes, I just emailed my GM, so we'll see, and I referenced ALL 37 pages for him to review.

If nothing else, I want a logical explanation for these approval/denials? What we need are the approval claims # / repair authorization # to cite as precedent. THEN we'll ALL have cause to seek damages as a result of this discriminatory practice. I did study a little Law in College, so we'll see. The last straw should always be to file a lawsuit, but if these people want a fight, I'll give it to them once I have the proper documentation. Of course that would mean attorney fees which would most likely cost more than the repairs itself.

Hence the need for a class action people, if GM or Pontiac doesn't see the need to address these problems. At this time, it appears the only way to insure we receive proper treatment is to have all f-body brothers fight this battle together.

AMEN to that Brother!!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marcello93
AMEN to that Brother!!!!

AMEN!
Old 10-18-2007, 01:59 AM
On The Tree

With a few invoice# we should be able to run the gammet. If not i'm ready to file a lawsuit. The only leverage GM would have is that the last bulletin says, pending District Service Manager approvial. All of us have leverage in GM has fixed some of your cars but not mine and it is a factory defect. We need to know invoice#.

Chris
Old 10-18-2007, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

This forum is a very un-handy way of gathering information about these fixes and non-fixes.

I don't have the expertise or I would do this myself....

One of you computer gurus out there set up a WEB SITE to gather this information.

We could possibly get hundreds of invoice numbers and hundreds of complaints of denial.
Maybe set up a fund to pay a lawyer to start a class action. How much could we get if everybody sent in $5 or $10 via paypal or something?

Maybe the web site itself would be enough leverage if enough of the right people view it.

We could even inform all the owners who are not yet aware they have a problem.

Get a news story in the papers about this.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by warpwr
This forum is a very un-handy way of gathering information about these fixes and non-fixes.

I don't have the expertise or I would do this myself....

One of you computer gurus out there set up a WEB SITE to gather this information.

We could possibly get hundreds of invoice numbers and hundreds of complaints of denial.
Maybe set up a fund to pay a lawyer to start a class action. How much could we get if everybody sent in $5 or $10 via paypal or something?

Maybe the web site itself would be enough leverage if enough of the right people view it.

We could even inform all the owners who are not yet aware they have a problem.

Get a news story in the papers about this.

that'a not a bad idea.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where are you two from, seems like a lot of the denials I see are from the East Coast.
Salisbury, MD.....Price Buick Pontiac
Old 10-18-2007, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii
Old 10-19-2007, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

Talked to another dealership today and the SM is going to inspect the car next week and make a decision. Also talked to a lawyer and it sounds like if somone wanted to they would have a good case. I don't like the idea of suing, people do it just for money. I dont want to get millions of dollars, I just want my car fixed. This would be a last resort for me but I would be willing to do just that. I am for the idea of the website. Centralize all of our resources, build the case, put the word out, and get a just fix for a factorys f*** up.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Teching In

wow guys, im so glad I found this thread, ive been wondering about those bubbles since i bought my car in june. i am going to see what happens today, if my dealership gives me crap, dont worry brothers, this virginia boy is in the fight with you!!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:17 AM

I declined to read all 37 pages of this issue, but I have the same problem on my 99 T/A. Of course the corrosion warranty has long expired. Anyone know what the repair costs out of pocket?
Old 10-19-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got an estimate yesterday from a reputable body shop in town and it was going to be about $2300.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Just got the car back and the roof was replaced. I hope this receipt will help to get more warranty work completed. The SM told me the warranty rate was about $740.00.

Good Luck all.

If you need a higher resolution copy of this receipt, PM me with your email address.
Attached Files

Quick Reply: Bubbling Sail Panel Issue for Dummies