Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Parking lot assholes

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Parking lot ********

So I'm coming out of lowe's picking up some stuff when I notice a stack of three shopping carts next to the car. I get closer and I see a quarter sized hole at the very edge of the fender and the corner where the bumper and fender meet have a slight but noticeable dent. I have scratches going along the top part of the fender and some on the side view mirror with the glass broken on the floor.

I am so ******* furious. I went inside to see if they had any parking lot cameras and to my luck they don't. Why do people find the need to damage something nicer than their pieces of ****? I mean its obvious someone launched those shopping carts right at my car because I always park past the end of the cars grouped together to *try* and avoid **** like this from happening.

My real question is, if I go about claiming in on my comprehensive, what exactly would the insurance co. cover? I mean they'd have to replace the fender and I'm guessing color blending to surrounding panels since its a metallic color. Granted my agent could answer all of this but its afterhours and I want some kind of an answer.

Also, I have a ram air hood sitting in my garage that I've been wanting to paint. How could I go about getting everything painted at once without incriminating myself or raising any kind of suspicion from the insurance co. that I may have done this on purpose? I just want my car fixed
Old 01-16-2007, 04:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

full coverage comp. Youll have to pay your deductable, as for the hood, just get a seperate quote on getting it painted, if you get seperate qutoes theyll only tell your insurance what the quote is for the fender and all the work assosiated with it. there should be no problems with getting your hood done also, cause all your claiming is the fenders not the hood.

basically -- insurance is paying for the fenders (expensive like $1200+): your paying for the hood (not expensive about 500-600$ (for some one decent) ). this = not incriminating your self
Old 01-17-2007, 03:56 AM
Launching!

Well just got an estimate from the body shop. $976 to replace fender, repaint bumper, and blend to surrounding panels.

Are the fenders repairable at all? Could i use some plastic weld expoxy to fill in the chip with some kind of glass mat as a backing?
Old 01-17-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you are going to get the hood painted then you are also going to have to blend the other fender for color match reasons. You might as well get the whole front clip painted and have them repair any rock chips or bug damage!
just my .02

As far as fixing the fender i believe they are plastic, at least the ones on my 94Z were. For plastic you could plastic weld the piece back on and then apply a skin coat of finishing putty.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Well, I just found out I have a $500 comprehensive deductible. My parents swore it was only $100-200. I guess not.

SOO, I called my paint supplier "hookup" and I can get more than enough PPG paint to do the whole front myself for about $90. I can paint fairly well. Its just a color blend I need practice with. If I **** it up I'm only out $90 and I'd just hand it to the pros. Guess its time to start practicing on my truck
Old 01-20-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

******' haters! I got screwed over at Lowe's once too. I did the same thing as you, parked like 5 or 6 spaces beyond the nearest car. It was in the summer so the tops were out. I rolled up the windows and locked it but, I didn't put the tops in cause I was only going in for a few minutes. When I got back to my car, there was a puddle of Mello Yello in my driver's seat soaking into the leather. Damn SOB's… I hope karma kicks them in the ***!
Old 01-20-2007, 12:33 AM
10 Second Club

What ********! People like that should be dragged behind the car with fishing line!
Old 01-20-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hearing things like that really pisses me off...And I get called an ******* for taking up two spots toward the END of the lot. After being on the receiving end of countless door dings, I refuse to park any other way...But once again, its not the vandals, but the guys driving the nice cars that get the bad rap.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll have to chime in here as I had this happen to me while sitting in my car signing my parking voucher at work. DIdn't hear it but I felt the car move she hit it so hard. I look over and see the door against my car and she's getting in on the passenger side. Note that I had just spent $750.00 to have the panel repaired from a previous dent in the same exact spot. I get out walk around and the door is still laying on my rear quarter. This chick looks at me and say "WHAT??!!" "It din't do nottin!!". Not sorry, not oops, not the least bit apologetic...in fact annoyed/attitude/mad with me that I got out to inspect the damage. It dinged it good and scratched the paint. I was so mad I just told the dude driving to leave and slammed her door shut for her. Didn't mean to jack your thread but I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Walking-dead
I'll have to chime in here as I had this happen to me while sitting in my car signing my parking voucher at work. DIdn't hear it but I felt the car move she hit it so hard. I look over and see the door against my car and she's getting in on the passenger side. Note that I had just spent $750.00 to have the panel repaired from a previous dent in the same exact spot. I get out walk around and the door is still laying on my rear quarter. This chick looks at me and say "WHAT??!!" "It din't do nottin!!". Not sorry, not oops, not the least bit apologetic...in fact annoyed/attitude/mad with me that I got out to inspect the damage. It dinged it good and scratched the paint. I was so mad I just told the dude driving to leave and slammed her door shut for her. Didn't mean to jack your thread but I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'd have been on the phone with the cops & their liscence plate number if it did any damage! A teenager pulled up too far in his truck and tapped my bumper at best buy once. It didn't do **** to my bumper miraculously but it cracked his clear liscence plate cover. I was walkin out of the store and this guy quickly pulled up in a Rousch mustang and pointed at the kid and said he just pulled into my car. I went and talked to the kid and he got all scared I was gonna call the cops so he refused to admit to it. He said he didn't do it but yet his cover was cracked & a dude saw him!! WTF!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, I was so pissed that it was better for them to just leave. I would've been the one ending up in handcuffs if she had said another smart ***, attitude ridden word. Wasn't so much the damage as it was the complete lack of remorse for doing something to someone elses property. Just complete disrespect!!
Old 01-20-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, i know exactly what you mean! this guy looked me in the face and said he didn't touch my car! god i wanted to knock him out
Old 01-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
yeah, i know exactly what you mean! this guy looked me in the face and said he didn't touch my car! god i wanted to knock him out
you just need to carry a big stick, hit him then drive off and come back later.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

That's why I carry a Tire Iron next to my drivers side seat. Some guy in a Ford Truck dinged my car while I was in it, and walked away. He didn't realize I was in it. I got out, looked at where he hit it, and it was a little ding. I got it to buff out, mine needs a paintjob anyways so I didn't really care too much. His Truck however, a brand new F-150, got a nice little love tap on the lower drivers door. **** happens..
Old 01-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Launching!

If only I had been so lucky as to catch the guy/guys doing it.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Teching In

In the words of Vincent Vega (John Travolta) in Pulp Fiction... Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that ******* doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it. What's more chickenshit than ******* with a man's automobile? I mean, don't **** with another man's vehicle.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Teching In

good idea I might start to carrry a tire iron 2. If yall saw my passanger quarter panel yall would probly cry not to mention my driverside is keyed from the hood to the fuel door
Old 01-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Teching In

this happened to me the other day too. i was at home depot waitting for my wife to get out of work, when this ***** bag opened her door and hit my car pretty damn hard. i got out of my car and looked at what happened, looked at her and she just looked at me and walked away. i said what the f*ck, but she couldnt understand casue she didnt speak english(damn mexican) by the way im hispanic too but i cant stand the ones that come over here and think they own ****. anyways so i was pissed and ready to kick her door in, but my wife stayed a little late and by the time she got out she was gone. damage wasnt bad and im getting my car repainted next week, but just the fact that she didnt apoligize is what pissed me off.

just like walking-dead said didnt mean to steal your tread.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

this is exactly why I take up 2 parking spaces no matter where I go...work, store, etc.... some people are full of **** and don't respect nice rides!!!!

I was at work one saturday and some fkn (mojo) dings my driver side door...I fkn saw this a-hole with my own eyes and he just walked away like nothing. I walked up too this idiot and said, do you know you fkn hit my door? He says, yes but it didn't leave any mark. I check my door and it had white paint from his door, so I scratch/rub it off and luckily, it did not dent. I still told this *** some **** and he was pissing in his pants. I don't give a crap if he was bigger/taller, etc. I will end up whooping his ***... it was an adrenaline rush talking crap to this lazy *** but *** him

sorry 2 hear bro!!
Old 01-29-2007, 03:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I also take up 2 spaces, one time i didn't and my door got hit while i was sat in the car! but it wasn't really his fault it was damn windy, i saw it rip the door out of the guys hand luckily no damage! my g/fs car doors are banged to f**k though people don't even care if you're sat in the car!

Quick Reply: Parking lot assholes