PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

monitoring 02 sensors with hp tuners....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monitoring 02 sensors with hp tuners....

i need to know something about scanning your 02 sensors, when i scan mine i changed my front driver 02 because it was dipping down and totally cutting out making my car run really shitty so i went to autozone and replaced it, this one doesnt dip down as low and cut out but my issue is looking at the guages in hp tuners i see 3 of them side by side and the driver always doesnt follow exactly the same like the other sensors do? i have been having a lot of p0300 issues. since the 02 swap i havent pulled the code yet and car feels better and sounds better even at idle after replacing this sensor...
Old 01-18-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Your fine. They won't always act the same since your PCM is fueling for each bank on it's own. If your not throwing codes it won't be a problem. Be concerned if they arn't switching fast enough or your getting a heater code. Could be one is aged and showing normal wear (don't replace it if your not getting codes) or like I said before it's just the normal fueling. Sometimes they match up sometimes they alternate sometimes they do their own thing.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Teching In

po300 is pending again im ready to drive this car off a bridge 1 month straight trying to get rid of this freaking code................my laptop needs to get here so i can post some logs up im tired of this......im starting to wonder if maybe its my driver side o2 wiring..
Old 02-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Teching In

issue not resolved ok well i switched my o2 extensions between the 2 sides of the car and well lets jus say the issue did not follow as i expected so its not my extension, i had the check engine light come on a few days and today it dissapeared out of nowhere but when i scan it with the scanner it still says i have po300? im getting pretty bad mileage too at this point i got stuck on some ice today and well lets just say after that a few starts later the light went out....and it seems like its running alittle better? but when i scanned it when i got home still po300 but no showing the ses light? i only have one code po300 and i have gone through hell with this code so far, had fuel system cleaned, changed plugs, wires, plugs, new o2......im also getting terrible mileage my issue is on the driver bank however when looking at hp tuners i can see the voltage of the front o2 on driver side not following the other sensors like it should and also tons of misfires on the driver bank in the history...
Old 02-01-2009, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

you have access to a anap on scanner? if so check the misfire data log. it will tell you which plug is misfiring and how many times. if its a random that may help some. possibly a coil?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

HPtuners can log Misfire Counts for each cyclinder
Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Teching In

i have looked its lots of them all over the place im so mad at this sob
Old 02-03-2009, 01:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How about you try some diagnostic tuning? Like say take out
4 degrees of timing where you see misfires regularly. Better or
worse? Then add 4 degrees. Better or worse?

Put it open loop. Bump the mixture up and down. And so on.
You can learn what it likes and then push the tune around.

You'd only be the 'leventy-zillionth person to run into O2
problems after putting headers. There is no shame in open
loop. If you don't get caught.

Quick Reply: monitoring 02 sensors with hp tuners....