PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So who's the LS1 GOD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im also a firm believer in the best tuner is yourself...why u ask again? cause you as a tuner have all the time in the world to mess w/ ur tune.... i can tell u one thing ill never let anyone tune my car ever again besides myself... NOTE,,, I USE EFILIVE
Old 01-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joecar
To LS1-450:

Thanks, I do appreciate your high regard for me in mentioning my name (it's nice to know that someone thinks kindly of you...)...

But, I'm not qualified or experienced enough to be mentioned......I'm nowhere near the level/league of the others you have mentioned... I'm just a DIY'r playing on the family's cars... I log everyday, flash often, look for correlations among the tables, do all my own car work, and try to help people if I'm able...

[I'm also one of the moderators on the EFILive forum, I get to see a lot of ideas that I can try out... thanks to all members for contributing, and thanks to everyone that has taught me something...]

To no one in particular:

I have gotten my car to drive quite well in OL/CL and/or MAF/VE in any combination, with/without COS, with/without headers [you know where I live...]

As a DIY'r I'm able to spend a lot of time playing with and adjusting my tune...

To the OP:

A tuning shop can spend only limited time on a vehicle before cost to customer starts climbing (time is money, and tuning shop has to pay rent and feed family)... WOT tunes can be done in a short time (cheap)... driveability requires more time/effort (expensive)... you get what you pay for... there's more to it than making record numbers... see what Ed said above "Making them drive nice is the hard part."

Of course, you have to do your homework: understand what it is that you want to do with your car; and do research on what people have to say about various tuners... their reputation will precede them... there are good ones and there are bad ones (after all, this is the automotive industry)...

the good ones will make sure your vehicle is in good condition before proceeding... (these are the true tuning GODs...)!!!!... the bad ones will just take your money and hope you won't notice.

It's not as simple a question as you asked.

P.S. you guys pay $500-$600 for a tune... back home Aussies pay $1000-$1500... (conversion rate really doesn't matter).

Joe u have helped me alot over the years countless times over u are truly a great person and we are all glad to have u on these car sites...

without ur help i prob wouldent understand efilive as i do today...

thanks again joe...

andy

Quick Reply: So who's the LS1 GOD?