Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBC vs DBW

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DBC vs DBW

What do you guys think of each, which is easier to tune what is better in the long run. I will be going LQ4 turbo if that helps and can't decide on which throttle body to go with.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

I have a DBW Corvette and wish I had the other. Seam to be a little behind as in lag. really show up on Protree racing.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dragman
I have a DBW Corvette and wish I had the other. Seam to be a little behind as in lag. really show up on Protree racing.
I'm pretty sure there is a table that regulates the input lag, you can tune it to whatever you want.

I vote for electronic throttle, as it eliminates the IAC mechanism which is a royal pain. Also, if you're doing bracket racing it's easy to limit power by opening to 90% instead of 100%.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Teching In

All my cars are DBW right now but they are vw/audi's. I have an older audi that is cable and the throttle response is awesome compared to the DBW. But mostly what im looking for is tuneablitly
Old 01-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
I'm pretty sure there is a table that regulates the input lag, you can tune it to whatever you want.

I vote for electronic throttle, as it eliminates the IAC mechanism which is a royal pain. Also, if you're doing bracket racing it's easy to limit power by opening to 90% instead of 100%.
There are 3 table that control the acceleration rate, but none that I can find that could control the actual response throttle lag. I fon't see the IAC as being as much trouble or failure prone, as the motor controlling the throttle. The throttle motor is constrantly having to adjust a larger and more exposed mechanism, where the IAC only hase to operate during PCM controlled idle functions. I'd agree with your Bracket Racing statement, in fact you could control more then max throttle, properly done, you could control acceleration rates through out the gear ranges. Personally I go for drive by cable, at least until somebody start producing easy to fit compact DBW petal assemblies
Old 01-10-2010, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

heard a few complaints about changing some DBW tables and frying ECU.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the cable and your best bet there, is a van PCM
which will give you that plus 4L80E if you get one from
the HD series. But you may not have as many custom-
OS options since most vans aren't hopped up like that.

On the flip side, a wire throttle always brings you a lot
of traction control options (you might need some) that
can help you out if you are inclined to work with them
rather than dummy them out (some folks want to put
on a smoke show, some want to shut up and go). But
a nuisance until you get them right. Also can help you
add months between transmission rebuilds.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by poconojoe
There are 3 table that control the acceleration rate, but none that I can find that could control the actual response throttle lag. I fon't see the IAC as being as much trouble or failure prone, as the motor controlling the throttle. The throttle motor is constrantly having to adjust a larger and more exposed mechanism, where the IAC only hase to operate during PCM controlled idle functions. I'd agree with your Bracket Racing statement, in fact you could control more then max throttle, properly done, you could control acceleration rates through out the gear ranges. Personally I go for drive by cable, at least until somebody start producing easy to fit compact DBW petal assemblies
Way way way more than 3 table to adjust.

You maybe limited to 3 table by the tuning software.

I have monitored several factory tunes that go WOT (TPS) with less than 25% APP when accelerating from a dead stop. The same car will not go WOT (TPS) when the APP is 100% at highway speeds
Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

" I have monitored several factory tunes that go WOT (TPS) with less than 25% APP when accelerating from a dead stop. The same car will not go WOT (TPS) when the APP is 100% at highway speeds"

So what is the solution?

Quick Reply: DBC vs DBW