PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0200 Only, can't put my finger on it...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default P0200 Only, can't put my finger on it...

having trouble with a P0200 code:

Injector Circuit Malfunction

ohm'd all of my injectors(they checked fine and are completely rebuilt). all injector plugs had the same voltage. with a test light i checked to see if they were grounded out and came up OK there too.....

any help would be appreciated. when i installed the harness i noticed there was a small cut on one of the wires on the third injector plug back on the passenger side. but the voltage checked out?....and i did solder the cut shut.

it runs a bit rough on the bottom, but i'm just running the tune from frost. runs out great at the top end, and i'm showing no misfires on my interceptor gauge.

i went through and unplugged all of the coil packs and the harness connectors. inspected the plug wires, they all look good and are clicked in tight.

showing 6v to each injector plug with the key on and engine off. it's consistent over all 8.

one thing i did notice today. one 02 sensor is registering 440-450 when off and idling, the other runs mid 900s when idling and about 50 when the engine is off.....

did i already foul one of my 02's, could this be the cause of the P0200?

2005 LQ9, 0411 computer, LS6 intake, Pocket wire harness....

help, please!
Old 12-31-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

think i figured it out....it was a ground issue...added 1 more to the back of the block. now it has no trouble idling, finding idle, and has no stumble...crisp throttle response.

i noticed that i have (3) 02's showing on the fronts. the #2 is the one not reading, the #1 & #3 are working properly.

hopefully this proves to be the solution and i don't jinx myself!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey i know its been a wile since you had this problem i was checking to see if that ground did fix it. because i am having a similar problem mine shows a p0200 and my friend hooked up his hp tuner thing to it and it actually goes away and comes back frequently so i was thinking it is a ground also. just wanted to see if you just added a new ground? thank you in advance
Old 04-25-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

yes, it did work, is still working. put another ground or two with some good heavy gauge wire or a ground strap and you should be good to go!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Teching In

I will try it on the weekend. i will let you know how it goes. Thank you for the quick reply
Old 05-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Any luck so far? I have a similar issue. :/
Old 05-09-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My P0200 was an improperly seated spark plug wire at the coil end. Strange, but the coils share 12VDC feeds with the injectors so voltage problems can evidently show up at the injector drivers which the PCM monitors.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

no longer working....back to the drawing board.

i've ohm'd the injectors, randomly checked a few wires, made sure everything was clean and connected properly(ecm, no bare wires, grounds).

still to no avail....thinking about checking all plug wires, if nothing, changing the plugs, or perhaps finding a spare ecm to try.

also did a short test on all of the injector plugs off the battery, no dice here either.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

did a noid test and have it narrowed down to #5 injector wire. it did not light up at all. i ohmed the signal wire from the ecu and it was like .9 ohms, so i assume that it is getting current.

now i need to find a diagram or figure out how to do the other wire on the connector, not sure where to start....
Old 09-23-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

The injector is either not getting 12VDC, or the PCM isn't switching it.

1.) Key in RUN, probe for 12VDC to ground at the harness side of the injector connector...should get it on one of the two pins.

2.) If this passes, probe the other wire back to the PCM for continuity with your meter. Should see infinity resistance.

If both pass, your PCM is suspect.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

ended up being a broken wire just past the pin in the connector on #5, it was housed in the rubber boot so i couldn't see/feel it when looking over the harness. it was the ground, glad i don't have to replace a computer!

cars runs better/smoother than ever.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:06 PM

Default similar problem

had 1 p0200 code,cleared it. took the car out today, first time since clearing code. did a few stop stars at a couple os shops first ect, no problem so so far, started first time, tickover good ect. then set off across town, temp was at 75 and i was on tickover at lights when the dreaded blinking light came on. I touched the revs a bit and it went off. Was ok until further down the road, slowed down for roundabout and blinking light back on again. Ok so accelerated out of roundabout and its off again. continued on straight stretch for abit, all ok. temp in now just below 90 (normal town traffic). went to store, switched off while wife went shopping, started up again first time no problem, drove all way home with temp normal at 90(just lowering on straight runs) and no blinking light to be seen again. Read code at home, same code p0200 again, cleared it again. My conclusion: seemed to happen at 75 temp was ok at higher, only happened on tickover or slow driving/ slowing down. If it was wiring fault it would be strange to only happen when warm and at tickover, maybe injector having like a heart murmer (a hiccup) when just getting warm, or could it still be a spark plug or coil pack even though code is stating injector cirvcuit open. i am going to change the plugs anyway when my new bosch ones arrive, also check and clean coil pack and leads, while these are out is it possible to do the ohms test on injectors while still in car, and would it be best to get them warm first. any advice given these symptoms would be gratefully recieved.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

i don't know what "tickover" is....the temps you are giving seem really low, are you talking in degrees celsius?

i would check/clean your grounds. make sure you have no broken or bare wires to the injectors or coil packs. yes, you can ohm the injectors while on the car, i don't know if it makes a difference if they are hot or not.

you could also go rent a noid light set from an autoparts store and check your injectors to narrow it down to which cylinder you are trying to fix.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nosscar
any advice given these symptoms would be gratefully recieved.
So basically, the entirety of your diagnostic and troubleshooting process thus far is continuing to drive and run it.

PS: you might want to do some research on Bosch spark plugs and LS engines before you install them.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by OutlawDrifter
i don't know what "tickover" is....the temps you are giving seem really low, are you talking in degrees celsius?
tickover is when the car is idling, the temp is on a citroen xsara 1.4 petrol 2001 in cold weather in the uk, 75 is like quarter up the gauge, 90 is halfway.
I have check cabling for any visible problems, next step like i said is to replace plugs, posssibly ciol pack, and then if not fixed go to injectors. Also i have researche dthe plugs and bosch super spark seem to be best ones for my engine. Also some research shows even temp sensor can effect loss of power at low speed, and maybe try extra ground from pcm, what do you think.

Quick Reply: P0200 Only, can't put my finger on it...